It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes: no indoor smoking ban planned in England despite WHO call

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: crostkev

Hilarious.

The reality is, that most pubs, clubs, restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, cinemas, and the like, already have a no-smoking, of any kind, policy. One may not vape at the bar, any more than one may light up a Superking, or a hand rolled cigarette.

Off-topic I know, but I was at a brilliant after hours pub lock-in a couple of weeks ago. The bouncer bolted the doors, the roller blinds were lowered, then the ashtrays came out onto the bar and tables.
Felt like a criminal smoking and drinking underworld in the thick smoky air, and there was certainly demand for it as the other 50 or so customers lasted through until around 6am, proper laugh.

On-topic, I think businesses should be free to make their own decisions on E-cigs, and also regular smoking. It is my right as an individual to choose if I wish, or not, to work in or visit it's premises.
I'm also certain that any pub being granted an imaginary 'smoking establishment' license would be absolutely rammed full most nights, and making a tidy fortune.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I am all for an increase in personal choice on the part of pub managers and owners.

I would love it if the dive bars I used to drink in still had that atmosphere, that heavy, lived in feel, rather than being clean, clinical environments without personality or soul. You used to be able to get a feel for the place by the mixture of tobaccos smoked within, but now? Bah.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I can second that. I have been using an i-taste 134 for around 6 months now. I droped from 3 packs of one hundred menthol a day. But there are times especially when I smell an analog as my friend calls them that I crave the heck out of one. I have been telling people myself for months that the nicotine is not the only addictive chem in analogs. I like my i-taste partially because it looks like a lightsaber, lol , but the flavors are also much better. I am just thankful for a cleaner delivery system and can breath better and dont have smokers cough anymore. As I had been smoking since the age of 9 that is amazing to me. Just make sure u do research on the juice before u buy. Some are better than others. Oh my taste buds also seem to be getting better as everything seems to taste better now. a reply to: liejunkie01

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Felt like a criminal smoking and drinking underworld in the thick smoky air, and there was certainly demand for it as the other 50 or so customers lasted through until around 6am, proper laugh.

LOL

bottom line is from what I've read is to contaminate children is wrong as is very bad but why draw the line there are there other harmful toxins already contaminating the white bear loosing ice ground for hunting to taxi's and 4x4's

my question to the nay Sayers is this

what are the levels needed to harm another human by a vapor users exhalation, that has the ability to harm another person?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just wondering if nicotine is really addictive, why i am not seeing people munching tomatoes all day or stuffing french fries on their pockets to get their fix?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
lol marhaba

edit on 27-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marhaba
Just wondering if nicotine is really addictive, why i am not seeing people munching tomatoes all day or stuffing french fries on their pockets to get their fix?

Because the nicotine levels in those are so small.

A single tomato has between 7.1 to 7.3 ng (that's NANO grams) or 0.00000000073 grams. A potato is around 15 ng, or 0.000000015 grams.

A cigarette that has 18 mg of nicotine is 0.018 grams.

In other words: to small to feel the effects (and as tomatoes ripen, their nicotine content goes down).

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I would love it if the dive bars I used to drink in still had that atmosphere, that heavy, lived in feel, rather than being clean, clinical environments without personality or soul. You used to be able to get a feel for the place by the mixture of tobaccos smoked within, but now? Bah.

sounds like a nice whiskey i had once

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Loved that answer Thanks

So were would you put on the chances that a vapor smoker within fifty meters for say 3 minutes, say out of 100% damage to health for example would you put a person's health in this proposition?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
a reply to: Psynic

Not true, been vaping for a year and would never smoke a cigarette again. I tried a couple months ago and hated the taste. What's so evil about Nicotine? As far as I know it doesn't cause cancer... In fact, it is proven that nicotine has beneficial properties helping processing of information in the brain. Nicotine might also help you against Alzheimer's decease. It also decreases my stress level! It is highly addictive, don't get me wrong... but caffeine also is.

If the nicotine delivery system gives you cancer it is a problem.

Yes true.

EriktheAwful attest to the very fact in this thread AND that his smoking actually INCREASED when he relapsed.

As far as nicotine causing cancer goes, a very quick search turned up the study I posted a link to, which found similar health problems between vaping and smoking.

Nicotine is a stimulant as you mention, but to say it has net HEALTH benefits is a stretch.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crostkev
a reply to: eriktheawful
Loved that answer Thanks

So were would you put on the chances that a vapor smoker within fifty meters for say 3 minutes, say out of 100% damage to health for example would you put a person's health in this proposition?

I would say that if you are 50 meters away from someone smoking or vaping, and are outside, you have nothing to worry about. you're too far, and the vapors or smoke disapate before they get to you.

If you are in a room (small one) or a car, etc, then yes, you'll be breathing in whatever a person is vaping or smoking.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful I have the perfect image, give me two sec's to look it out

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
so many misguided views in this thread, very little long term research has been done and your all mostly guessing,

you all think the tobacco companies are pushing the WHO for this ban? again misguided fools

The British government recently upgraded them as a medicine see below

BBC NEWS REPORT

They will then eventually phase out all non licensed sellers with cries of its dangerous we must regulate!

They will then be hailed as a fantastic aid to give up smoking but must be sold by the government to keep them safe ( que massive taxes as with cigarettes) or given out only on prescription by doctors.

whats the forerunner to be given out on prescription? its called the 'intelli-cig' guess who bought intellicig?

Newspaper Report

for those that don't like to read , 'intelli-cig' was purchased buy................drum roll...

BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO ( see link above) ( kenneth clark is on the board of this... politician until recently)

As usual folks its not about your safety! they don't care for you, or your children, all they care about is the lost revenue and guess what .. their gonna fix that too....

The same people that sell you cigarettes are gonna sell you the safer alternative as well and the government is going to take its slice and make sure all their Friends get in on the windfall..

don't believe me? do your research.. you heard it here first ....

Q

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I bought one last week and it's my new friend. It's refillable with a water based non-toxic solution with nicotine. Costs me $20 bucks for 30 ml and 10 ml last me 5 days. That's a $140 saving every two-weeks. Tobacco companies HATE it and so does the Ministry of Health because they can't tax it. Me on the other hand, luv'n it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Tobacco companies HATE it and so does the Ministry of Health because they can't tax it. Me on the other hand, luv'n it.

when you remove the tin hats your left with you're comment

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My pharmacist was embarrassed trying to come up with a reason not to use them

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: loam

It's refillable with a water based non-toxic solution with nicotine.

The SPECIAL "non-toxic" nicotine?

As if there is such a thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm glad that no one has been able to say E-Cigs are a bad things yes there is nicotine but I'm not seeing any assumptions or proof that it is harmful.
loving the go buy tip from a previous commentator by rights with all the main stream nsa gchq watch list, there might be someone in power to help stamp out the negativity towards vapor against tobacco
edit on 27-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I had a guest that was vaping in my home without asking. I figured that it wouldn't be a problem because of what is said about it. Thing was that after a month, every time I went downstairs to cook dinner where my guest was vaping, my little asthma cough kicked in and my eldest was having migraines the moment he walked in the door that would dissipate after he left.

Pure anecdotal but the scent that is in the air from these things would be due to particulates in the air. Those particulates might not be kosher for everybody in a room. It may not have the risks of potentially inducing asthma conditions in a normal lunged person but for somebody with asthma, might be enough of an irritant to pose a problem with sustained exposure to those with pre-existing conditions.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Yeah, it's called vegetable glycerin E-liquid. Look it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join