It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Would be interesting to hear the story behind this from the parents.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
You haven't got a clue about what you are talking about have you?

i could ask you the same question.

Your historic beliefs have been debunked

and what historic beliefs would those be?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
they are talking about a gun in the hand of a 9 year girl

you dont give 9 year old girls deadly weapons

who's talking about it?

a .22 can be deadly....for many children, this is their introduction to the world of firearms, and nothing bad happens. so, again, you're confusing opinion with fact..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

i'd also love to hear something out of the parents...

sadly, i'm starting to think it might be something along the lines of "we thought it would be cool"

i'm curious what PART of jersey they're from...because there are some parts of the state i wish we could just cut loose...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

i agree, .22 is deadly but theres a huge difference between a .22 and an automatic 9mm sub machine pistol

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

"This was a very mature young lady, and something she wanted to do and her parents her treating her," he said of the 9-year-old. "This was something that was high on her bucket list to do, and her parents took her out to do what she was going to do."

Hayes asked Scarmado how he would respond to critics who say young children shouldn't be allowed to fire automatic weapons.

"We've probably had a 100,000 people shoot on our two ranges combined," he said. "And we've had, of that, probably 1,500 to 2,000 of them have been kids. The kids rent a lot of automatic weapons, we do birthday parties for children here, we do bachelor, bachelorette parties at both facilities. We're part of the Las Vegas entertainment industry. ... If there wasn't a large demand for it, we wouldn't do it."

Link

Something "high on her bucket list". A 9YO with a bucket list. Was she dying?

By the way, minimum age is 8.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
its like saying, here kid have a stick of dynamite and saying heres of brick of c4, they are all deadly! a 22 will blow a child's ear off, i know this because i did blow my ear off with a .22 and that was just an air gun not even a power cartridge weapon

and it hurt like hell

edit on b5353355 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

originally posted by: alldaylong
You haven't got a clue about what you are talking about have you?

i could ask you the same question.

Your historic beliefs have been debunked

and what historic beliefs would those be?

Just as i thought.

You do have a problem with reading and understanding English.

How many more times do i have to give evidence that what you believe is complete rubbish.
I may as well try and communicate with a brick wall. It would certainly make more sense than trying to communicate with you.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
body guards pulling out full auto Uzis and spraying bullets at some one. lord save us...

they really dont according to my pal, he said they are wildly in accurate, and are spent from round in a matter of seconds.

he said and i quote "what you want is a decent 9mm hand gun" no machine guns etc

Bulls#

As a class 3 owner I don't need your buddy to vouch for that; I've shot a standard and carbine equipped model. In fact the Uzi is one of the more accurate and controllable subguns out there only firing at 600 rpm. Micro Uzis fire at around 1200 rpm but the one in question was full-sized.

Now before I put a lage slowfire upper on the Mac-11; it too was a wildly inaccurate bullethose like the micro Uzi. Those are useless out of the box at around 1200 rpm!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
what the hell possesses people to give such ridiculous guns to little kids?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: roadgravel
body guards pulling out full auto Uzis and spraying bullets at some one. lord save us...

they really dont according to my pal, he said they are wildly in accurate, and are spent from round in a matter of seconds.

he said and i quote "what you want is a decent 9mm hand gun" no machine guns etc

Bulls#

As a class 3 owner I don't need your buddy to vouch for that; I've shot a standard and carbine equipped model. In fact the Uzi is one of the more accurate and controllable subguns out there only firing at 600 rpm. Micro Uzis fire at around 1200 rpm but the one in question was full-sized.

Now before I put a lage slowfire upper on the Mac-11; it too was a wildly inaccurate bullethose like the micro Uzi. Those are useless out of the box at around 1200 rpm!!!

i have no idea you are probably right, but do you give one to a nine year girl

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
this is a deadly machine pistol we are talking about.

its a completely and utterly deadly weapon

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Not personally but shot my first (reising m50 machine gun) at 11 years old.

The knucklehead letting me shoot it stood behind me and placed one hand on my back and one on my shoulder to support me.

He had me fire in short bursts at first to make sure I could handle the recoil (45 acp) and once I was comfortable and felt in control he allowed to fire a couple of magazine dumps.

From your previous post...

what the hell possesses people to give such ridiculous guns to little kids?

Here in the south?

Well..we are brought up being taught a sense of respect, understanding and a healthy fear of firearms when need be. I was younger than this girl when my parents bought me my first gun. It was kept in my room in my closet but separate from ammunition. At her age I was hunting alone.

Maybe it's a culture thing.

None of us good ole boys ever shot up our school, shot someone out of anger or shot ourselves.

That being said our parents weren't "bad" or "stupid" people...just different I suppose?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

and i agree about this too...they are different, and require a much different level of experience, and physical capability...and i agree that the kid shouldn't have been handed one....this is not in dispute..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

soooooo, more insults, and no actual substance?

when you can have a conversation like an adult, let me know..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: alldaylong

soooooo, more insults, and no actual substance?

when you can have a conversation like an adult, let me know..

No substance ? Are you taking the piss?

I have supplied sources of information to back up my argument.

You have supplied nothing. Am i surprised.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Poor instructor, I saw this news story, my deepest condolences.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Actually, the quote was something like: " Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" - Said by Big Ben himself. One of the truly wisest of the FF.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Have the child and parents gone on Katie Couric or Anderson Cooper yet, smiling all too broadly, flashing the 'horns' sign and telling us (US!) to 'stay strong!' yet?

Or was this a real accident caused by the spectacular stupidity and gross negligence of people who think kids learning to shoot guns is 'fun', y'know, like an amusement park ride or flying a kite, and not another in a long litany of false flags and questionable media hyped 'accidents'?

How many hours has The Russian Submarine Captain given it on CNN so far?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
From the 'you must be this tall' signs to enter the ride.

If you can cycle the bolt to load it then you can shoot it.

Since the show will go on there, I wonder if other 'instructors' worry about getting shot or if it goes with the job.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join