It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: geldib
There is absolutely no reason for a kid that young to be operating a weapon like that, a few years ago a kid shot himself in the head with an Uzi. Here is the link to that story. www.nbcnews.com...

Oh well maybe we should just take hammers off kids and baseball bats and golf clubs too..

I mean, guns dont kill people.. its the bad men who do.

so.. yeah, lets just ban milk now.. because..

oh I dont even care anymore, the guns laws im America are INSANELY STUPID. youre all clamouring for your rights at the expense of logic and decency..

Gahh.. "here 9 yr old girl have a god damn uzi, and oops you killed someone.."

NO? NO ? YES.. you imbeciles..

Owning firearms for personal protection is a fundamental human right.

My human rights are neither nullified by someone else's criminal stupdity, as in this case, nor amplified by the Second Amendment, which is merely a notice furnished by the people to the government of our fundamental human right to own arms sufficient for personal, family and homestead protection.

The most admirable group advocating the fundamental human right to bear arms in the USA is Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. Motto: Never Again.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyager1

I agree, it was probly not the smartest move, but still just an accident.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm just dumbfounded by this...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
for the love of god, can we PLEASE stop with the hyperbole?

A tank is a war machine, a fighter is a war machine.....aircraft carriers, cruisers, frigates, and destroyers are war machines, a bomber is a war machine...strikers, bradleys, and MRAPs are war machines.....

i'm SO tired of this nonsense people keep blurting, about how guns are "war machines"...just stop already..a reply to: Biigs

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
Ah yes because America never tells other countries what to do....they're renowned for not getting involved with things that don't concern them. I apologise. This is an opinion piece on the lunacy of letting a child use a gun. Which to many, is ridiculous, dangerous and unnecessary. It frightens me that there are people existing on this planet that cant see the harm. I don't care what country it is in UK, America, Burkina Faso, Its wrong, plain and simple. But hey what do I know? I'm just a "foreigner".

lol, where do i even begin?

firstly, i'd like to award you points for effort...not only for completely missing my point, but also for trying to twist this into me being some sort of xenophobe, and for confusing your OPINION, with FACT.....like so many other people around here...

bonus points for not being able to differentiate between the U.S. Federal Government, and the citizens of these states united.....protip: they're actually two different entities.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Excellently said.

i HATE spiders. i think people who keep spiders(especially tarantulas) as pets, are f**ked in the head. This is the first time i have EVER expressed this opinion on here....You don't see me passing judgement, ridiculing, making fun of people's genitalia, or any of that other crap...

this is because i'm bright enough to understand that everybody's different....we're all free to make our own choices, and i'm cool with that....

people need to chill..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

A tank is a war machine, a fighter is a war machine.....aircraft carriers, cruisers, frigates, and destroyers are war machines, a bomber is a war machine...strikers, bradleys, and MRAPs are war machines.....

i'm SO tired of this nonsense people keep blurting, about how guns are "war machines"...just stop already..a reply to: Biigs

It is not a hunting weapon, its not a target shooting weapon, its not a rabbit shotgun, its sole purpose is to spray as many rounds at people as possible.

that sir (or woman) is a war device/machine pure and simple.

What other uses does an uzi have? its a war machine.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Again, you avoided the stats i supplied with yet more feeble excuses.

You said:-

Britain is an Island. Irrelevant
Britain is a smaller country. Irrelevant
Britain doesn't border a country with a more criminal / violent record. irrelevant.

Bollocks.

are you allergic to reality?

the fact that it's an island is VERY relevant, because it shares no border with a major landmass..this makes it more difficult to illegally immigrate to the UK, than it does to illegally immigrate to the U.S.

the fact that "britain" is SEVERAL orders of magnitude SMALLER than the U.S. is VERY relevant, if for no other reason than population size.

and the fact that "britain" doesn't border a country with a more criminal / violent record is VERY relevant for the same reason as the first one....

The stats i provided are not stats i collated myself.

obviously, or else you might actually understand what they mean, and how ridiculous you're making yourself look.

As for not commenting on U.S. gun issues because i am not a U.S. citizen, then i hope to see in future that you don't comment on issues that occur outside The U.S.. I would hate to come back and call you a hypocrite.

there's a difference between commenting on something, and jumping on an opportunity to bash another country, or whine about how something ought to be banned.

if something bothers you, either politely comment on it, or just don't participate.....i'm sick to f**king death of all of these bash america threads....

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
posted but forum said "nope"

edit: the uk is very easy to get into and thats when the issues start, you have living working tax evasion etc
edit on b2323116 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

and that kind of nonsense attitude leaves kids emotionally stunted, and COMPLETELY unprepared for life in the real world.

this is why sex and drugs, and all that is taboo....because parents are afraid to actually be parents...

so we get generation after generation of increasingly screwed up kids with no sense, endless neuroses, a huge sense of entitlement, no work ethic, no pride, and fear of inanimate objects...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

That sir was a great post and completely true.

The problem these days is that actually punishing kids accordingly is basically extinct

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Auricom
a reply to: Briles1207

Records suggest that children can handle firearms safely. How many firearms are shot on a daily basis around the United States by children? Now, how many in the past five years have been killed, or killed someone?

With that being said, it is stupid to hand a child a firearm like that. It'd be one thing if she was shooting a little pea-shooter rifle, but an Uzi?

I'll refrain from the rather obtuse name calling of the dead.

At one time a nine year old was given a Barbi Doll.
How times have changed.............for the worse.

Actually, nine year olds would be out hunting for dinner for hundreds of years before Barbie dolls were invented. Methinks a little knowledge of history would be helpful.

Sounds like a backward society to me
When kids in the U.K. wanted something for dinner, they went to the shops.

if society were to fail I'd rather my kids could live off the land than worry about where to get food if the shelves were empty.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

I can't agree with this post. An Uzi is a machine of war. That's exactly what it is. Maybe not a kids .22 or even an adults shotgun but an Uzi is a thing of war and belongs in no 9 year old hands.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
There is almost a "worship" mentality taking over with guns.

I don't think that's it....

the problem is that the 2nd amendment rights of american citizens are CONSTANTLY under attack, whether it be in the court of public opinion, foreigners telling us how we're doing it wrong, or by way of legislators asserting they know what's best for us, better than we do....

if our 1st or 4th amendment rights were constantly under attack like this, i'm sure the opinion would be held by some that there's almost a "worship" mentality taking over with free speech, or warrants, and probable cause...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
you just cant argue about amendment rights.

a tiny girl does not need a machine gun. she killed the teacher.

i dont care what amendment you preach about that was a stupid and irresponsible idea.
edit on b0202254 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Did i miss something?

did that som'bitch jump up off the table all by it's oncey, and drill that guy in the head?

did that actually happen, and i missed it?

-rewatches video-

Nope....there was a human being holding it, and squeezing the trigger at the time....

look, as awful as it sounds, facts are facts.....the kid did it. now, the action wasn't born of malice, but of ignorance, and inexperience....but the simple fact is that she was holding the gun, and depressing the trigger....it was a horrible accident. the kid should never have been in a position to have such an accident, and i think we've all expressed our opinion that it was an indescribable lapse in judgement on the part of the parents, and the range operator.

like a car, tractor, or airplaine, guns don't DO anything without a human operator.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
seriously what possesses a person to give a child, esp one so young a machine pistol.

what kid needs to know how to handle an uzi?!

theres no reason anyone can can come up with to justify that

seriously, what possess you to post the SAME thing, just with slightly different wording, over and over again?

are you trying to pick a fight, or just trying to pad your post count, because it's a fast moving thread, and you reckon no one will notice?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
theres no hunting need for such a device.

this is completely true....however, that's the funny thing about the second amendment....it says absolutely NOTHING about hunting....

you really might as well be handing them TNT

Hyperbole.

its supremely dangerous and totally unnecessary

in the wrong hands, anything is dangerous. and necessity of a matter of opinion.....and before you start, i still don't think the kid should have been using a machine pistol....yes, it's novel, and yes, it's fun....but not really a proper fit for a child of 9..
edit on 8-29-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: Briles1207

Hilarious! Too bad there weren't other 'good people' with guns around, huh? They could have shot the firearm out of the 9 year old's hands before she killed her instructor. Oh well. Maybe next time.

there's nothing "hilarious" about it....if you genuinely think there is, then i find you disgusting, in the extreme..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Ok clever clogs, what would that flaw be ?
The only flaw i see is that i disagree with about everything you have stated.

so then you freely admit that you disagree with facts, and reality?

i think that tells us all we really need to know...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join