It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:
(post by Denoli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Unfortunatley, I think this is how most people view Pro Gun advocates.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

I don't own any guns (although I trained on 9mm, m-16 and was allowed to shoot the 50 cal in the Navy), but I understand the need for guns to freely flow like rain into the hands of the citizenry, which is their right and final option against a govt run amok, which this entire govt is at this time.

HOWEVER...a nine year old girl and an uzi? Is that really something a responsible gun owner/parent, or instructor should stand for on behalf of the 2nd amendment? I'm all for guns, but this is as irresponsible as leaving a loaded pistol sitting in the open with little children around.

In the end, it was the instructors final call, and he screwed up. It cost him his life. I feel bad for all involved, especially the little girl who will have to live with it the rest of her life even though it wasn't her fault.

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am of the opinion that it is irresponsible to hand a nine year old child a gun like that. Our daughter went to the range for the first time at age 16. She fires handguns and likes the 38 revolver best. I understand that kids on farms get earlier starts and kids of hunters as well. But I wasn't comfortable with putting a gun in my daughters hands until she was 16.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
a reply to: Denoli

not sure if this legal to say but, i own a bullet proof police vest.

i bought it for airsoft but it turns out its a real ex police bullet proof vest

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

If you're in the UK that's highly illegal.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You are not making any sense.

Gun safety should be introduced to kids at a early age.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

when i got off ebay i thought it was an imitation, i had no idea it was real

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

He said suicide vest. He means explosives. Lol not sure if you got that

Good contributions to the thread bud

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Get rid of it now, today.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

He said suicide vest. He means explosives. Lol not sure if you got that

Good contributions to the thread bud

oh like an explosive vest?!

oh god no nothing like that, i said bullet proof

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Are you sure?

In the UK there are currently no laws regarding the purchase and use of body armour by civilians. If you feel unsafe, you have the right to protect yourself from danger. When choosing the body armour you are going to wear, it is a good idea to consider the potential dangers you could be facing. There are some areas they you may feel knives are a danger rather than guns. There is body armour available that will protect from knives, as well as, small arms fire. This type of body armour is called stab, spike, and bullet resistant armour. The armour will be lightweight so that you can still move freely, but will give you the protection you need to feel safe regardless of what you are doing.

www.safeguardarmour.co.uk...

Interesting thread on UKPOLICEONLINE:

If you are a student in Manchester then you are infact right in the middle of 'my patch' and so I'd definitely advise you against wearing body armour. The local gangs, who do carry guns and who do prey on the student population also prey on each other. They tend to be very nervous and are constantly on the look-out for threats. If they see somebody they don't know wearing a vest they are more than likely going to assume that person is from a rival gang, and it's definitely a matter of shoot first and ask questions later. Seriously, wearing a vest around Hulme, Moss Side, Longsight and Fallowfield is just inviting trouble.

"Local gangs who carry guns" I guess gun control is really working if students in Manchester are inquiring about buying bullet proof vests.

www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk.../topic/22008-law-regar ding-body-armor/
edit on 27-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Surely the safest way for your child is to not own a gun?

Parents basically saying the following.

"Look kids, mummy and daddy need to own something that is designed to kill people, as is our right. Now, let us show you how to operate it SAFELY."

^^read that sentence aloud without sounding like a complete lunatic.

Cant be done. "GUN SAFETY is an oxymoron at best.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I don't have the time right now to read everyone's comments before I post, but OP, you are so right. What in the world?
I don't know what else to say. What was he thinking, putting that weapon in her hands? And, it's right up gun control lobby's alley. If only people would be responsible with weaponry. I don't own a gun, but if I did, I would certainly be extremely careful with it.

But WTF is right, a nine year old with an Uzi in their hands. Sounds like thinking a nine year old is physically capable of handling a handgun with a 50 caliber capability, and yes there is at least one handgun capable of that. But the kickback is so strong, there are few grown men who can shoot it, without ending up on their asses, several feet from where they were standing.
tetra50

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Bah, I nearly made him throw away an expensive item as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
just my opinion - but ALL shooters should be limited to pieces they can handle - its not rocket science

I have seen too often people attempting to use firearms they cannnot hold effectively - never mind fire safely

my grandfather taught me fireams handling and marksmanship - and I only got to use my fathers large calibre / magnum ETC when I could hold the muzzle crown upto a pingpong ball suspened from a rafter for 1 minuite without wavering

other people I have witnessed tied the forward sling swivel to a stake or bench so that the muzzle could not drift from " down range "

the issue is CONTROL if you cannot effectively control a weapon - you should not be allowed to use it

I want to say something civilised about the death of the instructor in this case - but keep getting stuck on the thought " what were his qualifications ????? "

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Are you sure?

In the UK there are currently no laws regarding the purchase and use of body armour by civilians. If you feel unsafe, you have the right to protect yourself from danger. When choosing the body armour you are going to wear, it is a good idea to consider the potential dangers you could be facing. There are some areas they you may feel knives are a danger rather than guns. There is body armour available that will protect from knives, as well as, small arms fire. This type of body armour is called stab, spike, and bullet resistant armour. The armour will be lightweight so that you can still move freely, but will give you the protection you need to feel safe regardless of what you are doing.

www.safeguardarmour.co.uk...

oh thats good to know.

Its bullet and stab proof, problem with it is that its extremely high vis meaning bright florescent yellow, it was only 40 quid so i just assumed fake costume stuff but its the real deal.

bought completly for airsoft but now i know its genuine i do feel a little safter if stuff kicks off, i wont be able to use it for what i wanted to (its really heavy) but at least i have somthing now for when the zombies come

edit on b45451125 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

link   

Now, let us show you how to operate it SAFELY.

Yes safety lessons also include why you should not play with guns or why you shouldn't touch it, gun safety is not just about shooting a gun.

link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

originally posted by: thesaneone

Surely the safest way for your child is to not own a gun?

Parents basically saying the following.

"Look kids, mummy and daddy need to own something that is designed to kill people, as is our right. Now, let us show you how to operate it SAFELY."

^^read that sentence aloud without sounding like a complete lunatic.

Cant be done. "GUN SAFETY is an oxymoron at best.

Incorrect. A child, even if you do not own a gun, can very easily be exposed to one and should know what to do. I don't do drugs, have none in the house, and they are highly illegal. However, my child is well informed of the dangers of them and what to do if they are offered or exposed to them out in the big wide world.

Keeping one's child in ignorance on a subject does not help them in any way shape or form.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

Bah, I nearly made him throw away an expensive item as well.

How considerate of you--utilizing an untruth in attempt to get a fellow member to throw away a very expensive (when bought new) and potentially useful item.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join