It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0 - A little about the show, Obama, Sheriff Joe, and more...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: theNLBS

For the first test episode i like it. I thought it was pretty good. There was some slight timing issues but that I am sure will be worked out as you get used to being in front of the camera all the time. I also had some slight audio issues. With the audio being too low in some places and too high in others. Again I am aware this is beta. I am sure those things will be tweaked.

I will be tuning in to see were this goes. I will also show this to my better half tomorrow and post her feedback. She is an average Jane. Who does not visit this site at all. I am sure you are aiming at a wider audience than just ATS members. Anyways thanks for this. Its nice to meet the man behind ATS's social media presence. I was wondering how NLBS tied to ATS. Good luck with everything. I hope you keep going after everyone equally. If you do. I will keep tuning in.

I appreciate the time you took to write that post. I'll take everything you mentioned into consideration when I start on the next episode tomorrow. And YES, nobody is safe

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Good stuff here gang. I will be promoting NLBS to all of my pals.

I really like the "no holds barred" approach with the language, and visible outrage. I would even suggest dialing it up a notch.

This has been 5 years of vindication for the maliciously labeled "conspiracy theorist" crowd, I've never fully understood the term, and don't really understand how seeing through the "bs" gets one labeled as such.

It's time to smear it in the rest of the people's newly opened eyes as far as I care. No filters, no sugar coating.

"This is your effed up country, now what the hell are you going to do about it?"

Kind of sums it up.

Keep up the good work.

Boba

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

OK when I first saw (and accidentally clicked) that ad background I'll admit I wasn't too impressed. However after watching the video you've elevated your stature in my eyes and I'll be sure to check the upcoming videos.

Recommendations: don't drop the profanity as it seriously makes a point and work on the BS meter ratings for consistency. Carry on soldier!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

OK when I first saw (and accidentally clicked) that ad background I'll admit I wasn't too impressed. However after watching the video you've elevated your stature in my eyes and I'll be sure to check the upcoming videos.

Recommendations: don't drop the profanity as it seriously makes a point and work on the BS meter ratings for consistency. Carry on soldier!

Oddly enough... I agree about the profanity.

I think they should keep the name and the language and even do a little less *bleeping*. Back in the day when reporters had to chase down leads and search for the truth I imagine (yes imagine) that was a lot grittier than what we see now on every channel we can turn to.

I think it gives credence to the fact that you are not owned by a major news label, you report what you want, exactly how you want, damn the torpedoes and let the chips fall where they may.

What's going on in the world currently is not pretty. The news should reflect that... And this did IMO.

I like that aspect of it. So I am hoping they are still reading and taking suggestions.

edit on 8/26/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Cynical jerk I am.............I love it......I love the host......I love the idea. This is what conspiracy news hosts should be watch out Alex and Jessie this is the real deal.

We needed this and here it is. It needs to be more in depth and longer.
edit on 27-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It has been a while since I have seen a video on youtube that didn't have the "ADHD editing" technique employed. You know, where the editor cuts out every single piece of silence from the video, after every sentence, every comma, every transition, to the point where its just a constant stream of someone talking.

A lot of people have gotten used to that ADHD editing, so this show may seem a little on the slower side because it is unedited. Maybe it would be beneficial to find a middle ground. Maybe reduce the pauses between topics, talk slightly faster. I don't know.

Well best of luck to you, and don't let the criticism get to your head. There will be people who love you and hate you, and the ones that will hate you will speak the loudest.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: theantediluvian

I suppose it comes down to surprise level.

Surprised that our President decides to yuk it up with golf buddies after such a sombre message -- yeah, even now.

Surprised that the LA Police Department neglected someone in need who happened to be in custody -- unfortunately, not. Outraged… sadly, not that surprised.

I guess I don't find much surprising anymore. The most surprising thing Obama could do at this point is turn into an actual progressive.

Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan (pushing the War on Drugs — yay!) on vacation, riding horses on Sept 5, 1986, the day of the hijacking of Pan Am Flight 73. He had Larry Speaks read his statement. (img source)

H.W golfing on Aug 13, 1990, less than a week after the beginning of Operation Desert Shield on Aug 7.

Bush, says Lawrence Knutson – author of the book “Away from the White House: Presidential Escapes, Retreats, and Vacations” – remembered how President Jimmy Carter had basically become a shut-in during the Iran hostage crisis. “[Bush] vowed that no little dictator was going to do that to him,” Knutson says, “and went on with as vigorous a vacation as one could possibly have.”

(img & excerpt source)

G.W. surveying Katrina damage on his way home from a month long vacation, two days after the storm struck. He admitted to Matt Lauer a few months later that it was a huge mistake not to land and meet with the Governor. (img source)

I looked for some vacation/recreation gaffe by Clinton and came up empty but probably because a) he's the slickest politician among modern Presidents and b) his aids actually did surveys to determine where he would vacation. Also, he took less than half the days of Reagan (and G.W. took more than the Gipper). I'm sure it wouldn't take much digging to come up with more.

I'm not defending Obama, he should at least be aware of his detached image in the media and keep up appearances of giving an f# — but is it shocking? Not really. The last time Obama shocked me was right around his first week in office when he announced his appointments of Larry Summers and Timothy Geithner, removing any shred of doubt that the Democrats are just less offensive neoliberals.
edit on 2014-8-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Not bad for a pilot episode.

One thing i think NLBS needs though, is more substance. It's all well and good to fly through a couple of topics and label them on some (seemingly) arbitrary BS scale. But i think it would do well if NLBS were to go into deeper analysis of the stories of which are aired. You don't have to overdo it with the time, but i think fewer, more in depth analyses, would be better than the quick presentation/rating done currently.

Other than that and the BS scale, everything seems fine.

edit on 27-8-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The "substance" part of this "Episode Zero.Zero" was the bit about the show. The "flow" of future shows will spend about that much time on a featured subject, then 4-5 rapid-fire NLBS topics like you saw in this one.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Will you be doing in depth episodes on single topics? I would love that and way to go on this one.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I tried to watch it but at 1 minute in I'd had enough profanity and vulgarity. I'm no prude but if you can't express yourself without the constant and repetitive ugly language, you simply need to widen your vocabulary. I can hear this type of language on the street or in the bar anytime and I'm not impressed. Sorry to rain on your parade but you asked for feedback. It is possible to express outrage with humor and without profanity. One of the reasons I joined ATS is the rule about profanity and yet now I see it more and more and nobody gets called out for infractions. If we are to be a civil society then our speech needs to be civil. Get yourself a thesaurus or simply make up words, the vulgarities are old. worn out and tiresome.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

great work...i will be looking forward to more ......i think you presented it well..

there is so much garbage on the tube it is refreshing to see something with a little substance

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Vocals= up
Intro-outro music= down

Other than that, I found it refreshing to hear someone actually calling this stuff what it is. I am known for discussing these subjects and more with maximum verbosity, but it is nice to hear a turd being called a turd without abashment or self consciousness!

Jolly good show Sir! I shall watch your further musings with great interest!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ah yep. That makes sense.

Well, i'm looking forward to the next episode, and i think you guys have a gem on your hands here. I can see this attracting a rather substantial following.

edit on 27-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Hmm, I'm aware I'm being overly sensitive here but as someone who struggles with ADHD I kind of felt a little down on myself after reading that. I know you meant nothing by it, but I'm just letting you know what I experienced. People with medical conditions can be quite sensitive to other's opinions.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
As for some feedback, pretty solid overall and with a few tweaks could really catch on. I would try to provide a little background and some more commentary on your choices. Just reporting Obama golfing and calling bull# isn't as engaging as throwing in some perspective and just flesh out your thoughts. Also the qoute about immigrants, you said "that's not what happened" or something to that effect, well explain what did happen to those who might not be as familiar with this kind of thing. The one about the cop was closer to what I'm suggesting, loved the quip about his brilliant medical training. That's so much more engaging than just letting the story speak for itself. Hope that helps, good job for a first vid!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Good stuff, I totally like your no-bullship style mate.

Now, I'm glad you pointed out the red/blue politics thing because come next election you are gonna earn your money.

In fact, I reckon you should get your own forum with a daily update - keep exposing those 2-party NLBS shenanigans.

I'm gonna keep an eye on your posts.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I dig it. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I like the concept, the intro and the color language. The language drives it home which is why I rely so heavily on ATS censoring myself.

Some audio issues are prevalent and I think it would look better with the NLBS logo behind you instead of the checkered wall. I'm sure time will provide for more in depth analysis on topics not really seen in the pilot.

Other than that, it looks like you're on to something.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I can see it being very attractive for the under-40 folks. Straight forward and in a relaxed style and language they can relate to. The internet and social media crowd will really really like it. I'm sure that's the target audience and they'll eat it up.

My demographics ... women over 50 ... not so much. I was turned off by the steady stream of language and the nearly naked guy flashing with legs spread in a bikini. But I'm not the demographic you are going for so that's fine.

Side note ... not everyone is going to agree on where things go on the BS meter. The guy dying in the jail from unattended asthma would have gotten a much higher rating on the BS meter to me. And I wouldn't have had Burger King buying Tim Hortons there at all. I think it's just fine ... basic solid capitalism economics at work.

Overall .. I think you'll bring in the demographic you are aiming for.

edit on 8/27/2014 by FlyersFan because: I have a big headache ... I repeated myself ...

edit on 8/27/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join