It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Damon Does Ice Bucket Challenge With Toilet Water For 800 Million Without Clean H2O

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wait, there are actually people who think the water you use to flush your toilet with is different (unclean) from what comes out of the tap at the sink.

Amazing...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Wait, there are actually people who think the water you use to flush your toilet with is different (unclean) from what comes out of the tap at the sink.

Amazing...

Right?

It's even more amazing when you take into account how many members here are into the whole 'survival' study, particularly for a SHTF scenario.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Did you see that video that showed only 7% of the money donated actually goes to ALS research and the rest is for paying salaries and marketing? It's on liveleak but the guy showed how he pulled up the information from the non profits public records.

You know, you can use that same thing for UNICEF, The Hunger Project, Doctors Without Borders, Aid for Africa, Save The Children...

Should I continue?
There is not a SINGLE charity that puts 100% of its donations to the people they're donating for.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Water ends back up in our taps anyway so I have no idea why people say its being "wasted" its being recycled.

The water you drink has been through someone's digestive system at least 8 times.

Quit moaning

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Who gives a shyt about another celebrity and the Ice Bucket Challenge? You people need to be focused on that social experiment called Ferguson, which Matt Damon is as far away from it as you can imagine.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Most people are still donating money anyways, especially the celebs

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

That's actually a pretty good way out of his dilemma....way to go Matt Damon!!

And as for this....

-People obviously don't care about people in Africa. Not meaning to be heartless, I'm just being honest. If people actually cared about people in Africa, people wouldn't be suffering over there. They would have food & water.

Well, I'm 48 now and I can remember adds on TV when I was a kid, for Africa and the starving people there, send us money

Many years later not to mention millions and millions of dollars later, they are still asking for money

A while back my husband and I saw on an Investigative Report how the money was being funneled to help build swimming pools and tennis courts for the not-so-needy, etc, etc, and ever since then, we are skeptical about how/where the money is spent

With the millions that Bill Gates donates plus half of Hollywood, they shouldn't have any hunger problems at all

Besides, we have our own problems here in the US to take care of, our own homeless and hungry plus numerous other problems

I think it's great that they are trying to raise money for ALS and make people more aware, even if it is by way of 'toilet water'...LOL

Exactly, we all remember those ads to help people in Africa but nothing has changed.
It's because we are too busy looking out for ourselves & only caring about ourselves.

Yes there are those in North America who are struggling but no one on this planet needs to be that way & if we genuinely cared about other people, no one would be without food/water/shelter/basic necessities to live

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
So, Matt Damon dumps dirty water on his head.

Meh, I give it one and a half stars. Not as good as the Borne movies, but better than Promised Land.

Why do people assume that toilet water is dirty? Do you honestly think a big huge celeb is going to have a dirty toilet tank?

There is a reason we are told to drink out of the toilet tank in emergencies, because toilet tanks are supposed to be clean.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM

Did you see that video that showed only 7% of the money donated actually goes to ALS research and the rest is for paying salaries and marketing? It's on liveleak but the guy showed how he pulled up the information from the non profits public records.

No I missed that, that's such a shame if it is true.

Unfortunately a lot of "charities" are like that, *cough, cough, Unicef, cough, cough*

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Who gives a shyt about another celebrity and the Ice Bucket Challenge? You people need to be focused on that social experiment called Ferguson, which Matt Damon is as far away from it as you can imagine.

I really hope all the attention helps the cause, not dissing that at all. Even after the fact, when they have moved onto other causes. But it seems that's their main focus and whatever these celebs focus on the masses follow.

Going to play Devil's Advocate- say that celebrity actions are not controlled.
Now Imagine if money was raised to help stop corruption(insert police, banker, etc.), a celeb campaign, a large percentage of it actually doing something to help make things different. Or would it go the way of a forgotten cause?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

In response to your devil's advocate: Google MAYDAY.us

After you do, do you think it will help make things different or do you think it will go the way of a forgotten cause?

I too hope that people will remember ALS after this over. With how many people are getting sick these days, I think we will start to see a rise in the number of people dying from ALS

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I like the ice bucket challenge and think it is a good thing. That being said, this is ATS and we don't need anymore ice bucket challenge threads.

Sry just my 2 cents.

We shouldn't talk about a fundraiser for ALS yet we have forums about: Short stories, jokes, food & cooking, automotive discussion, Music, video games, comics, general entertainment, members art, movies, U.S sports, and World sports.

*shakes head*

Saying it is ATS so we shouldn't talk about the fundraiser for ALS is a silly argument. We talk about anything & everything on this site.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

I like the ice bucket challenge and think it is a good thing. That being said, this is ATS and we don't need anymore ice bucket challenge threads.

Sry just my 2 cents.

We shouldn't talk about a fundraiser for ALS yet we have forums about: Short stories, jokes, food & cooking, automotive discussion, Music, video games, comics, general entertainment, members art, movies, U.S sports, and World sports.

*shakes head*

Saying it is ATS so we shouldn't talk about the fundraiser for ALS is a silly argument. We talk about anything & everything on this site.

I did not say we shouldn't talk about. I just said I did not think we needed anymore threads about it. Tell me how it is conspiracy related?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The problem is that he had to replace that toilet water .. which is the same water that would come out of his sink.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

In response to your devil's advocate: Google MAYDAY.us

After you do, do you think it will help make things different or do you think it will go the way of a forgotten cause?

I too hope that people will remember ALS after this over. With how many people are getting sick these days, I think we will start to see a rise in the number of people dying from ALS

With police, banker corruption,...
If things weren't co opted so fast and brought down, controlled, I'd think there would be a chance for something positive out of that. Seems it would be the interest of the military Industrial complex- militarized police- to stop support against their ill action anyway possible. Here's hopes to Mayday PAC preventing that if they were supporting the cause.

With ALS,
If MayDayPac or similar-if not already but in the works- can take on Big Pharma(however, very difficult considering it's connections) helping to bring out truth in research and employees, there may be better chance for a cure. At least it seems more people will be aware of ALS now. I don't believe it's really been brought up much besides being known by older generations as "Lou Gehrig's Disease."

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sry just my 2 cents.

*shakes head*

I did not say we shouldn't talk about. I just said I did not think we needed anymore threads about it. Tell me how it is conspiracy related?

How are jokes conspiracy related?

If big pharma care wasn't such a greedy douche, we would have cures for illnesses like ALS & much more. In a way, it's a lot closer to be conspiracy related than jokes are, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The problem is that he had to replace that toilet water .. which is the same water that would come out of his sink.

I'm guessing that because he of the charity/organization he owns, he has one of those water saving toilets.

<< 1   >>

join