It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura...A Hero is Lost.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just don't understand why he's here. ATS was kind enough to give him his own forum, and all he does is make threads trying to make news out of things most everyone here already knows.

I suppose that's what a lot of us do here anyways (preaching to the choir) sometimes, but usually there's a lot more in-depth participation by most other members. The good threads are the ones in which members engage in meaningful conversation and open the topic up in ways not previously considered or taken seriously.

This is something Off The Grid forum threads typically lack. So I just don't get it. Is this a beta test for an interactive online presidential campaign? He knows we're all already nuts anyway, so this is a safe place to throw s# against the wall to see what sticks?

I dunno. Maybe I just see ulterior motives everywhere.
edit on 8/27/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

perhaps some people are jealous that he has his own forum?

poor Brian...the ATS recaps were good and people were assholes.

tall poppy syndrome perhaps?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

will you feel special when he opens up dialogue with you?

is this what the thread is about?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

will you feel special when he opens up dialogue with you?

is this what the thread is about?

I believe it's simpler than that. People do not like feeling exploited.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I have to agree.
Anyone with a following who's truly for the people will be removed, he hasn't been.

With all due respect but the attempt at character assassination(pun intended) by Kyle's story wasn't enough?

a reply to: NthOther

poor Brian...the ATS recaps were good and people were assholes.

tall poppy syndrome perhaps?

Yeah,was sad to see Recap go. I don't want this show to go the same way.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I don't see the point of him having his own forum if all of his threads can already fit nicely into one of many existing forums for topics that have been thoroughly explored already, and continue to be. He doesn't really take a unique position on anything, he just asks us what we think, and then eventually proposes some kind of unresolved, non-committal, History Channel-style conclusion about it (if he engages the thread much at all).

Like any skilled politician would. I'm not trying to rag on the guy or anything, but the whole thing just seems disingenuous to me. It reeks of public opinion poll and focus group analysis.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I used to like Ventura,he came across as someone who wanted answers and was willing to stand up to the man in order to get the truth.In reality after seeing him sue the dead seals wife for defamation,quit after 1 term as governor and lie about his combat experience(none),I`ve come to the conclusion that he`s a narcissist who thinks he`s better than everyone else and does what he does just to stay in the limelight and make a living. I don't get the feeling he`s genuine at all in terms of caring about the little guy,It`s all about him.
Just my Impression.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
I used to like Ventura,he came across as someone who wanted answers and was willing to stand up to the man in order to get the truth.In reality after seeing him sue the dead seals wife for defamation,quit after 1 term as governor and lie about his combat experience(none),I`ve come to the conclusion that he`s a narcissist who thinks he`s better than everyone else and does what he does just to stay in the limelight and make a living. I don't get the feeling he`s genuine at all in terms of caring about the little guy,It`s all about him.
Just my Impression.

I gave you a star just cause your name is cool.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
All the guests on AMA's are here to flog their books or shows. In order to get them to appear on here they in turn get some advertising. He probably doesn't have time to come here posting away.

If you lower your expectations you won't be so disappointed.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
So, here are some numbers. Below is a list of threads on the first page of the off the grid forum. The numbers after the dash indicate how many replies JesseVentura, and/or OFFTHEGRID, have posted in each. As for the quality of the posts, that's something you'll have to form your own opinion on.

The oldest thread on page one dates back to April 22 2014.

> Big Media Hysteria - 0/14
> The People Respond to Police Brutality - 0/11
> #### the Police State - 0/47
> Police Brutality - 0/20
> Ferguson, MO and Police Brutality- Ask Jesse - 0/31
> Is Now the Time for Gun Control? - 2/60
> #WWJVD: Hope for Millennials? - 0/3
> Gavin McInnes Goes #OffTheGrid - 0/2
> Is There Hope for Millennials? - 0/6
> Ask Jesse #3 - 0/24
> Jesse’s Trial: In His Own Words - 0/42
> Ask Jesse #2 - 0/27
> #WWJVD: Drugs, Guns & Immigrants - 0/4
> Matt Taibbi Goes #OffTheGrid [Part 2] - 0/1
> Drugs, Guns & Immigrants - 0/7
> Matt Taibbi Goes #OffTheGrid [Part 1] - 0/2
> Divided We Fall: The Border Crisis - 0/20
> #WWJVD: The Border Crisis - 0/11
> Jesse Uncensored: MH17 Disaster & the Gaza Crisis - 0/24
> Why I Live Off The Grid - 0/16
> #WWJVD: What Would Jesse Ventura Do About the Feds? 0/21
> Why Government Fails So Often with Peter Schuck - Part II - 0/1
> "Why Government Fails So Often" with Peter Schuck [Part 1] - 0/2
> Failures of the Fed - 0/1
> Ask Jesse #1 - 0/48
> Lift The Embargo - 1/24
> The Truth About Lobbying - 1/17
> Execute Capital Punishment - 1/24
> Chemtrails- What are they? - 2/85 (dbl post)
> The Criminal IN-Justice System - 0/4
> The United Oligarchy of America - 2/12
> Wayne Allen Root Goes #OffTheGrid - 0/6
> Dick Cheney a.k.a. Darth Vader - 2/57
> Tyrel Ventura Goes #OffTheGrid - 0/4
> Larry King Goes #OffTheGrid - Part 2 - 0/2
> Larry King Goes #OffTheGrid - Part 1 - 0/2
> Koch Brothers Exposed! - 2/39
> The Life and Crimes of Dick Cheney - 4/18
> Greg Palast Blows The Cover On Big Oil - 0/8
> Pro-Fracking Activist Marita Noon: To Frack Or Not To Frack? - 1/4
> Dave Rubin Goes #OffTheGrid - 0/1
> Enter the Drone Zone - 3/18
> Where Did the Towers Go? - 3/269
> Lyndon LaRouche Goes #OffTheGrid - 0/4
> Defense Spending = War Spending - 0/2
> Counter-Conspiracy: World Trade Center 7 - 0/44
> Dr. Judy Wood goes #OffTheGrid - 0/37
> Insurance Companies Run Healthcare - 0/22
> Why Was No One Fired Over 9/11? - 0/31

For the record:

originally posted by: OFFTHEGRID
The OTG team will respond to posts from this account, and Jesse will reply directly from his own account- Jesse Ventura.

It seems to me that Off The Grid (the show, not the user) advertises by posting in their own forum here at ATS, and ATS gets advertising when Jesse features comments from here, on his show.

originally posted by: JesseVentura
You can also reply to my new "Ask Jesse" threads with any questions you have for me and for the chance to have your question featured in the show.

I personally believe his interest lies in the entertainment aspect, and not in any real digging for facts, and exposing information. That's just my opinion.

edit on 27-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: format

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
All the guests on AMA's are here to flog their books or shows. In order to get them to appear on here they in turn get some advertising.

Fair enough, I don't really have a problem with that.

He probably doesn't have time to come here posting away.

Ok, well then why be on here at all then? I'm sure while we all understand that with all of the things he is doing, for him to post here will be difficult. However... don't post an "Ask Jesse" thread, expect people to read, consider and then post a response (taking THEIR time to do so) and then totally ignore those who post legit questions/comments. That's rude and inconsiderate to those whom you are trying to 'reach', in my opinion.

I think "WakeUpBeer" did a great job in outlining that very thing.

If you lower your expectations you won't be so disappointed.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm. However, on the off chance that it is not.... I refuse to lower my expectations.. for anyone... in order to not be disappointed in them. The more we hold our expectations to the level we are, as an individual or group, comfortable with the more likely it is that it will bring others up to that level. At least for those who care to keep their credibility up and their readers/listeners/watchers engaged, interested and supporting them. I don't care if that is Jesse Ventura or the member that signed up this morning... the same standard applies. I've read other 'alternative' sites and frankly, because of the standards ATS and ATSers hold (for the most part) it makes this site far and above the best... I would love to see OTG (either Jesse or his staff) held to that same high standard.

@Jude11, @TheGut, @Kanga.... I'm with you all on this one. I won't give up on OTG just yet.. but I've relegated it to the bottom of my priority list, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

edit on 27/8/2014 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hello all… thanks for your feedback.

I want to be clear that there is no financial benefit for ATS in our "handshake" collaboration agreement with Ora.TV and the Off The Grid show.

That being said, you're not the only ones disappointed with how things have turned out. I'm the one who spearheaded this arrangement, I sincerely apologize for our members feeling let down as a result.
edit on 27-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ah Jaysus,

Thank you so much for saying that.

I was starting to think that it was some new ATS game involving Bateson's double-bind theory and operant conditioning.

I feel so much better.

Ventura has become the Garey Busey of conspiracy theorists; I don't think anyone could have guessed it would come out that way.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I want to be clear that there is no financial benefit for ATS in our "handshake" collaboration agreement with Ora.TV and the Off The Grid show.

That being said, you're not the only ones disappointed with how things have turned out. I'm the one who spearheaded this arrangement, I sincerely apologize for our members feeling let down as a result.

Thank you SO.

We all have the site's best interest at heart.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thank you, SO.

I'm feeling pretty warm & googly for real. I'm even sincerely hoping that this thread might help Jesse gaze into the deep, dark truthful mirror, reach way down and re(connect) with those things that many of us did love about him once upon a time.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. Giving people your time and a chance are what ATS was founded on. I know I have watched this site evolve over the years.

This situation has actually opened many members eyes here on ATS, since we all like to deny ignorance what better way than to have someone like Jesse show his true colors.

Thanks for all you have done and will continue to do.

Regards,

RT

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I felt pretty let down by Mr. Ventura also during the AMA event. I thought it was pretty upstanding for him to admit that his CT show was pure entertainment and he did it for the money, but I feel he could have explained a bit more.

I mean doing it for financial gain is fine, but he did not elaborate as to whether the shows were 100% scripted, which means I guess that they were.

He never mentioned if any of the topics of the shows were something that really did alarm him. But being scripted they must not.

Or if everything on the CT shows was pure BS. I don't believe he ever answered those questions.

One episode a lady flies into an airstrip and tells him of toxic chemicals being put into baby food and flies off. Is that real or made up??? Thats serious stuff

I mean how hard would it be to say everything on that show was made up or some of it was real.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Nobody could blame you SO. Almost all of us were super excited to find out that Jesse was going to become a participating member here. I know I was. I always respected him and the things he made a concerted effort to convince everyone he stood for.

Again, I do not begrudge Mr. Ventura a profitable living in doing whatever he wishes to do. We all have and deserve that right and it shouldn't be denied regardless of personal opinions. I think we all got sucked in and expected more than we got.

I know when Jesse goes to sleep at night, that he is likely not worried about what any member here thinks. However, I do think he purposefully portrayed himself as more than what he really is and what his true mission is and that cost him many supporters that would have likely seen him into The White House (or close to it) had he chosen that route.

I do wish him luck in his future endeavors and nothing but smooth sailing, my disappointment does not make that any less so.

Don't let it get you down or become wary of implementing something similar in the future. Nobody knows how anything will turn out until it's done.

edit on 8/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It was like ATS had trained a tank of vicious debunker-sharks, and then dumped Ventura in the tank, and then defanged the sharks.

My teeth still hurt.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Bybyots because: the cheese stands alone

<< 1    3 >>

join