It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified red orbs spotted off our coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Red Orbs over NC coast

Can't embed the video, but it's from our local news tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't see them.

EMERALD ISLE, CARTERET COUNTY - People reported seeing at least 10 red circles in the sky above Eastern North Carolina this past weekend. After one women took a video of the event, she learned other people have been seeing these mysterious orbs as well.......

Retired U.S. Marine General Tom Braaten says the circle reminded him of a jet burner, but there were some differences. "If you were looking right at the back end, then it would look like a very bright circle," said Braaten.

He did say burners are usually bright white, not the red seen in the video. He also said the shape of the light didn't match up with the motion of the burner. He said a burner would only appear to be a circle if the jet was pointed away from the viewer, but the circle in the video was seen traveling along the coast from left to right. When jets do that, Gen. Braaten said you see the side of the burner which appears as more of a cone shape.

General Braaten and a Harrier pilot we spoke to both said there are too many variables to pin-point what the circles in the sky are.,,,,

Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

Wow, another Mystery unfolding, eh? VERY Interesting!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's called Mars.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The benefit of these viewings is they are by everyday people. So this can't be brushed off as nuts.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm surprised the retired General didn't just go with the norm and say flares FROM the jets. Sheesh, then he could have explained the 'following the coast line' bit.

Well it is nice to see that some officials have graduated to "just too many variables".

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Burke, her husband, and her daughter all saw the lights together. She said there were a total of 10 and each flitted across the sky at a level elevation. Burke says the glowing objects were too symmetrical to be flares and too level to be floating lanterns.

That kinda takes out planet possibilities. I thought of chinese lanterns but she says they went against the wind and not with it. Different currents perhaps?

In any case, interesting. S&F.
edit on 8 26 2014 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
It's called Mars.

Just because "Mars" has an "s" at the end doesn't make it plural. There were ten orbs according to some.

Maybe they're "Marses"?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
It's called Mars.

Are there 10 Mars..Marses..whatever...

She said there were a total of 10 and each flitted across the sky at a level elevation.

I'd come closer to guessing lanterns, just wanted to see if anyone had a logical explanation.
The area is close to military bases and a training field.

I see Cuervo had the same thought.
edit on 8/26/2014 by Pauligirl because: slow

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sounds similar to the incident about a month ago I made a post about. Turns out that WAS Chinese lanterns though. Ask around for any witnesses yourself. Since you're in the area. It's a little too far south for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here's a news clip

edit on 8/26/2014 by RyanDaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The video is so far out of focus it's literally impossible to determine what caused this. However, the 'orbs' are flickering, which would strongly suggest Chinese lanterns.

edit on 26-8-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RyanDaniel

Thanks. Does anybody else wanna smack that newsguy?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
The video is so far out of focus it's literally impossible to determine what caused this. However, the 'orbs' are flickering, which would strongly suggest Chinese lanterns.

Yeah it's 240p. Best I could get for some reason.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RyanDaniel

I didn't mean the YouTube footage, but the original - you can tell by the size of the 'orbs' (god, I hate that word!) and the 8 aperture blades that are clearly visible.

I would love to see the original footage straight from the camera.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

OHHHhhh....gotcha. Yeah I see what you mean there.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
"Quadcopters.

Quadcopters eveywhere"

One was over my house Saturday night.

I followed it to the ground in the laneway beside my house.

It was being flown by a film technician from the studio a few doors away.

He took it straight up several hundred feet until it looked like it was in the airport glidepath.

I think we're going to be inundated with reports of UFOs for the next several years because of these things

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wonder if this is realted to the other thread...
It looks like orb on the pilot pictures too www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That male "newscaster" said every B.S. thing he could except the ole "little green men"...guess he doesn't want to lose his job... what an a-hole...lol...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Look up Bokeh. It's the little circle sided shapes cameras make when out of focus.

A Chinese lantern out of focus would look exactly like this. It would skew the shape of the light to a perfect circle or octagon or whatever depending on the lense.

Look up Bokeh and then watch the video again.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Where do i go to state an Idea on how to get the government to give us the truth about aliens???????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join