It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed 'Men In Green' Enter East Ukrainian Villages

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Exactly. This is all on Putin's hands. It must drive people mad that they can't actually blame this on the US! It is the Russians who keep sending in the troops and convoys and weapons. With Crimea it was somewhat different , but with the East of Ukraine where only a minority of the population wants to be a part of Russia, there should be no Russian support. They were not asked to be there by the government, they have nothing to do with the East of Ukraine. If they want troops on their side of the border they are welcome to do so, but they have no place in crossing it. Of course there are Russian troops helping the separatist, in the beginning there was only a small amount of people fighting on this pro-russian side but suddenly they have tanks and trucks and enough people to take over towns just like that? Even the communists in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland etc. know that Russian troops have been sent in.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I am hoping this is not the case, but it may be true. Russia needs to open up a corridor from Russia to Crimea if Crimea is to survive. Unfortunately, verified Russian troops in Ukraine will provoke NATO air support. Putin knows this.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: lightedhype

AAAAAhahahahahahahhahhaha

Thanks.. I needed that.

How about all the claims Russia is not interfering in Ukraine coming from Russia.

Why are you ok with Russia invading a neighboring country? Why should we just "move on" and get over it? That cowardly appeasement resulted in WWII.

I have a simple solution for you - stop blabbering and join the fight. If you really like Ukraine so much, go join their army as a volunteer.

Shooting mouth will not accomplish any of your goals.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cayla19

Exactly. This is all on Putin's hands. It must drive people mad that they can't actually blame this on the US! It is the Russians who keep sending in the troops and convoys and weapons. With Crimea it was somewhat different , but with the East of Ukraine where only a minority of the population wants to be a part of Russia, there should be no Russian support. They were not asked to be there by the government, they have nothing to do with the East of Ukraine. If they want troops on their side of the border they are welcome to do so, but they have no place in crossing it. Of course there are Russian troops helping the separatist, in the beginning there was only a small amount of people fighting on this pro-russian side but suddenly they have tanks and trucks and enough people to take over towns just like that? Even the communists in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland etc. know that Russian troops have been sent in.

You are kidding?

Russia has spent heavily in integrating Ukraine with itself for a long time. A rigged revolution and it all goes up in smoke.

Russia must and will fight in Ukraine. Rest assured. If you think that Russia will allow NATO's march to Moscow, you are mistaken.

Unfortunately common people do not understand geo-political games. They do not understand what is going on behind the scenes. People get emotional and then dis-illusioned. You do not understand that the West is on its last legs. Like an oil lamp that shines the bightest before it goes out, the West seems so tempting to many people. But it is hollow inside - eaten by moth of greed and immorality.

Russia has its ills, but its best time is yet to come.

My money is on Russia, not on USA.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

Yeah just look how great they treat the Tatars...oh wait they had to flee because of the persecution in Crimea oh yeah and they could not vote in the referendum due to the ballot paper only being suited to the pro-Russians. My family and I grew up near the Ukrainian border half of my family are Ukrainian and have never felt the need to integrate with Russia and Russia couldn't care less about Ukraine until the threat of losing a port and an army base came about and suddenly Russia is Ukraine's bestie. Russia is great at "helping out" Eastern European countries and then just staying and staying and staying.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I am a part of the fight. I challenge the Russian propaganda constantly spewed by some on this topic on this site. If you don't like facts then post on pro Russian sites.

Now that Russia is caught red handed in Ukraine, again, what excuses do u guys have now to defend Putin lies?
edit on 28-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Unfortunately common people do not understand geo-political games.

The ukrainian junta lost the war on their own people. Who will save the soldiers?

Putin calls on Ukraine militia to let blocked Kiev troops to cross into Russia

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Ukraine invoked article 51 of the UN charter and officially requested military assistance to remove Russia from Ukraine territory.

All courtesy of Russia. Since its defensive it removes Russia's ability to veto any use of force by the UN.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Lol hahahah that map is priceless!!!

Typically I like to just read through these threads and not comment for IMHO the propaganda game is all too clear. I being from the land of Murica, have gotten to sit through all the pleasantries of pledging allegiance and all this watered down naziesque bs and it is sickening. It blows me away that anyone still maintains a pro Murica view at this point what little good this country had was clearly destroyed with the passing of the patriot act, not worth getting into our internal politics which tells the story of how our globalists in charge through NGO's have systematically destroyed this country.

We have been running around the world, stealing resources from countries while toppling governments who had their countries best interests in mind for far too long, case and point would be Libya.

Half the world is standing in opposition to the bankster controllers based out of london/vatican and their storm troopers who soley do things for "humanitarian" purposes those of NATO, which remind me again why a trade organization has the right to bomb sovereign nations again? That is independent of them spreading out our soldiers all across the middle east so they can shake hands with truly evil dictatorships like Bahrain/Saudi Arabia.

BRICS is the true threat and it is no coincidence that it as they are strenthening themselves, the pounding of the war drums started up and after the failed false flag of blaming Assad for a chemical attack by our trained IS army, they immediately switched to playing the Ukraine card and unleashing the fascists to murder as many Ukrainians as possible while blaming Russia for aggression.

Back to that map lol, it is very clear that Russia is the aggressor always has been!! That will keep me chuckling into the morning, I thank you once again!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have been glad you are here and posting now during this crisis for several months...
Today the incursion of Russian troops and tanks is reported by credible sources...
As for the reasons of this neo-Soviet attempt, I am a bit more frightened. Perhaps because the country of my birth, Hungary, where I reside now, signed an unexplained deal to double its only atomic power plant (Paks) with Rosatom recently. Perhaps because bona fide Nazis got almost 20% on the last elections - and it turned out quickly they have been financed by Russian sources. A few days ago a hoaxer perpetrated a cruel joke from the far-right web site hidfo.net maintained in California by the same owners that publish the infamous kurucinfo site (full of exhortations for racial violence etc.). The expat site featured an amateur photograph of Hungarian tanks being "secretly transported to Ukraine" on a train. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as the Department of Defense had to explain they were being transported to a storage site near the Ukrainian border, but hundreds of thousands if not millions of people reading in Hungarian were quite tense a few days ago.

The portal quickly became popular. If you scan the past few weeks of news there, already the headlines betray that Russians are always right and even some Communists are - as long as they are also nationalistic.

An excellent summary in Hungarian is here Kremlin propaganda mapped about the Kremlin's propaganda ops among the European far right groups based upon a study of the web organization connected to the issue by the two professional Hungarian research teams, Political Capital and atlatszo.hu (the name of the latter refers to transparency).

If you scroll down, there is a map of the present Net organizations of Putinesque propaganda including Facebook groups - mainly in Hungarian but also in English - pushing official Russian propaganda. (I can translate parts if there is enough interest).

The amateur picture shown of the tanks being transported is reposted in the same article.

The name of the site hidfo.net means "bridgehead" or "outpost". Apparently it is maintained for the more discerning nationalistic or anti-government Hungarian reader than the crude, violent assaults and mudthrowing at kurucinfo.

The stance of these sites as far as Ukraine is concerned has already been summed up on these threads. The journalist reports that they are all anti-Israel and anti-Semitic to a varying degree, they are unanimous in their hardline criticism of the West and all Western values, and they support Iran and Palestine uncritically. Interestingly enough, they are everywhere tied to far right nationalist groups and the cheapest conspiracy theories about a "Jewish world elite".

They frequently report fictitious atrocities (sometimes reposting photos from Chechnya or other rough conflict zones including some Cyrillic writing)... There are frequent references to RT.

Appears to me that Putin is far better with the Web and mind control than his Western colleagues...
edit on 8/29/2014 by Kokatsi because: missing explanation of illustration added referring to a foreign language source

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here's a separate link to the picture map prepared by the Hungarian research team Political Capital.
Web map of Hungarian Putin supporters
Some stuff is in English, some in Russian. The map also shows some counter-sites.

The central hub is a FB page called "Kiállunk Oroszország mellett" which is "We stand with Russia" (in Hungarian).
(I still haven't learned to embed pictures as the explanations I found all refer to the old ATS surface. Please embed - also direct me to a thread I can learn from.)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Why are people here saying false information like they are the truth? You guys doing it on purpose?

We are still waiting for proofs that Russia sent an army of thousand soldiers + tanks. And please don't give us links to what had happened five months ago in Crimea. The accusations people here make are fresh and recent, so I'm expecting a strong solid proof. Where are local testimonies? What's Ukrainian border police doing? Why don't we have any pictures/videos? Why is all of this happening right before the NATO summit?

NATO base in Eastern Ukraine...i've been telling you guys this since the beginning of the conflict...
edit on 558k2014Fridaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Why are people here saying false information like they are the truth? You guys doing it on purpose?

We are still waiting for proofs that Russia sent an army of thousand soldiers + tanks. And please don't give us links to what had happened five months ago in Crimea. The accusations people here make are fresh and recent, so I'm expecting a strong solid proof. Where are local testimonies? What's Ukrainian border police doing? Why don't we have any pictures/videos? Why is all of this happening right before the NATO summit?

NATO base in Eastern Ukraine...i've been telling you guys this since the beginning of the conflict...

I assume "you guys" here means people criticizing Putin and his propaganda network.
My perception is that the OP usually gives well researched evidence in many threads regarding the Russian-Ukrainian issue.
In other cases, some of us űcritics it is simply a matter of comparing sources and forming an informed opinion. Which is what ATS is for.
In many of today's pro-Russian sites (like globalresearch) there is simply no balance and no attempt at truthfinding. Mr. P is always right, anyone criticizing him is a Fascist or a Zionist (take your pick) or both...

That alone raises suspicions.

Besides, papers carry news in other languages too - it's not only CNN and Fox news and BBC. For example, one of the most prestigious online papers in Hungary, Népszabadság: N online, which I have been reading for decades, ran an editorial article on the incursion (even noting the peculiar choice of English). That paper has withstood rational inquiries and comparison of facts, while also publishing a range of opinions with a disclaimer, and in rare cases it has published minor rectification of mostly local data. Commenters are from both sides on this issue too. As far as I know nol.hu won every court case brought against it for claims of false reporting for decades, despite being a news outlet mostly critical of the government.

So why are the overwhelming majority of news media in hundreds of languages reporting that Russian troops are very likely gone into Ukraine these past few days?

Truth is of course not subject to a majority-minority opinion issue. It's still possible there are no Russians sent there by Putin, or that the Ukrainian military shot down the Malay airplane.

However, it's getting less and less likely by the hour to my eyes.
edit on 8/29/2014 by Kokatsi because: punctuation corrections, spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun

Unfortunately common people do not understand geo-political games.

The ukrainian junta lost the war on their own people. Who will save the soldiers?

Putin calls on Ukraine militia to let blocked Kiev troops to cross into Russia

Putin does love Classic Hitler....
edit on 29-8-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You forget that not only history repeats itself, but the sides are too the same: Galicia SS now fighting the Novorossiya Army.

Learn more history before "comparing" opponents.

We are powerless onlookers, as we witness how the Western Nations, led by the United States, accuse Russia of crimes they commit themselves more than anybody else. We reject the double standards that are used for Russia and the West. In our societies, sufficient evidence is required for a conviction. The way you and your Nation are convicted for ‘crimes’ without evidence, is ruthless and despicable.

Dutch Intellectuals Apologize to Putin for Lies on MH17, Syria, Ukraine

We, awake citizens of the West, who see the lies and machinations of our Governments, wish to offer you our apologies for what is done in our name. It’s unfortunately true, that our media have lost all independence and are just mouthpieces for the Powers that Be.

edit on 08pm7070000008 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
a reply to: DJW001

You forget that not only history repeats itself, but the sides are too the same: Galicia SS now fighting the Novorossiya Army.

Learn more history before "comparing" opponents.

We are powerless onlookers, as we witness how the Western Nations, led by the United States, accuse Russia of crimes they commit themselves more than anybody else. We reject the double standards that are used for Russia and the West. In our societies, sufficient evidence is required for a conviction. The way you and your Nation are convicted for ‘crimes’ without evidence, is ruthless and despicable.

Dutch Intellectuals Apologize to Putin for Lies on MH17, Syria, Ukraine

We, awake citizens of the West, who see the lies and machinations of our Governments, wish to offer you our apologies for what is done in our name. It’s unfortunately true, that our media have lost all independence and are just mouthpieces for the Powers that Be.

I have to set something straight :

Note: This letter was NOT written by Professor Cees Hamelink nor was it signed by him to date. This letter has been copied many times on other websites without asking permission. Many of them have put down professor Cees Hamelink as the writer. We have no responsibility for this and distance ourself from it.

ommekeer-nederland.nl...

Also I don`t see truth in the claim "intellectuals have signed it," there might be though, but hard to tell with 1.534 people who signed the petition with not much information about them.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Also I don`t see truth in the claim "intellectuals have signed it," there might be though, but hard to tell with 1.534 people who signed the petition with not much information about them.

Since when has that mattered? you guys routinely refer to any Ukrainian not in favor of soviet subjugation as Nazis.

Are you guys always so wish washy when it comes to accusations with nothing to support it?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Are you guys always so wish washy when it comes to accusations with nothing to support it?

Lmao, you mean like the U.S. administration?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

No.. as I stated.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

No.. as I stated.

Ahhh, ok, was just checking

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join