It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Records Himself Getting Attacked by Cop for not Rolling Down Window all the way

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Not everyone agrees with that assessment.

As far as States goes, some still have them. My state does. If the people can do silly things like making amendments to State Constitutions to ban gay marriages, they certainly can do the same reaffirm grand juror rights, including presentment hearings for state crimes. They were used quite a bit, until the turn of the century. They were supposed to be the auditors of the government. To make sure it is following the law. Tell us, how did that change and why?

Look. We have a problem here. Solutions are needed. Stop rejecting ideas, and start contributing. Help refine them. Otherwise it is just apathy. You commit my children to darkness and oppression by doing so. If you do not learn from history, are we not doomed to repeat it?

Do you have a better idea? Or do you like oppression?
edit on 27-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
That is just unbelievable.

The guy was nice and calm the whole time, when he finally steps out hes attacked which is the exact reason he didnt want to get out in the first place.

What a total (not funny) joke!

That poor guy was trying to defend his actions calmly and fairly. I am so glad i dont live in that area!!

edit on b57571223 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just food for thought here. If I'm not mistaken, a few years back, 3 St. Petersburg cops were shot within a 2 week period. If I were a cop there I'd probably be a little jumpy when a car doesn't immediately pull over as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized
No... All folks who have an actual law background agree with what the law says. You're quoting from one of those "conspiracy", "internet law" groups such as I mentioned above. "Freedomschool" quoting from "americangrandjury" and NEITHER of them are credible sources.

From the “fine print” of “freedomschool”:

This is the fine print that so important. Freedom School and other information served is so for educational purposes only, no liability expressed or assumed for use.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.

translation... If you do what we tell you to, follow our bad advise, then get sued or arrested, don't come back and try to sue us...

Information is intended for [those] men and women who are not "US CITIZENS" or "TAXPAYERS" - continued use, reference or citing indicates voluntary and informed compliance. Support is not offered.

Translation...We are a internet “Sovereignty movement” scam site, and we like to incorrectly use a lot of “legalese” that really means nothing, and has no real legal bearing, to try and pretend that laws don't apply to us.

All claims to be settled on the land - Austin, Travis county Texas, united States of America, using Texas Common Law.

Translation... We're sovereignty nutcases, and nothing you read here applies to anything in the real world, only the internet.

edit on 8/27/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
this is getting really old....the simplest solution is to keep a tube of lube in your glove box,when getting pulled over make sure you have it handy,when asked to exit the vehicle do so in a calm and hasty manner,hand the tube of lube to the officer bend over(slowly) and plead to be lubed up before being f## up the a##

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Just food for thought here. If I'm not mistaken, a few years back, 3 St. Petersburg cops were shot within a 2 week period. If I were a cop there I'd probably be a little jumpy when a car doesn't immediately pull over as well.

Do you remember why he wanted him to get out of the car? "because I said"
If anybody should be jumpy it's the citizens.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Now thats great proof of the Intimidation of a P.O.

What was wrong with the P.O? He has a serious attitude problem. I wonder what happened when the lights went out?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Really?

The template is broken. Always the same playbook. Never address the issue, deflect and attack the source. Quote that fine print all you want. I'm interested only in the information of the case law, and what justices have said. Or do they not qualify in your opinion? What did Scalia say? How about that new link?

I grilled an attorney for a half hour in "real life" about Grand Juries. The best he could come up with was "why do you want that?" The message I got? The emperor wears no clothing.

Quo Bono are you arguing against them?

Again, what is your solution? Listen to the same snakes in the grass who failed their duty in protecting our legal system, and turned it into a mockery? What is the purpose of the law according to Black's Law Dictionary 4th edition's preamble? Has it been upheld? Or was that preamble redacted with purpose in later versions. I wonder.

PS, loved the character assassination of the so called nutjobs lol.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Because he was driving erratically according to the cop. This wasn't a roadblock or a customs check, the dude was pulled over for a reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

originally posted by: riffraff
After the usual rage I felt after seeing another pig trying to exorcise the demons that have been possessing him since jr high my first thought was "well, at least there both black."
Am I the only one?

The fact that people starred your post makes me sad. We are here to "deny ignorance" and breaking this down to a black or white thing is just doing a disservice to anyone "listening". It's not a racial thing, it's a freedom thing.

Use your own advice. Deny ignorance. Anyone "listening" would know that no one is listening. There is an unavoidable race war coming. A lot of "African Americans" seem to enjoy the thought of it. I'm sick of the "it's because I'm black" excuse. You'd think that after the majority of the country voted for a incompetent president TWICE just because he was black the race baiters would shut up.
So go ahead and smugly pretend you don't notice the elephant in the room. I was just glad this incident can't be used to further a racist agenda

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
he got a raw deal and i hope that cop is charged in court for this.

utter and complete stupidity

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
When you don't pull over for the cops, they get a little agitated. This guy brought it on himself.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
"Victim" did not cooperate. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have no sympathy for douche bags who intentionally bait law enforcement officers while eagerly recording their stupid video. A simple traffic violation amplified into an altercation for absolutely no reason by a moron with a smart phone.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I think he watched one too many YouTube videos and got a little confused as to what his rights are.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, that video doesn't really tell us too much...the actual physical altercation is the real issue, which the video didn't show at all, so We really have no idea how the actual physical violence came about...the cop was being a dick, the guy was being perhaps needlessly uncooperative...although even that all is hard to tell from the video...

But hey, I love a good cop bashing story...clearly abuse of power is running rampant, and I disagree with a good amount of the # police officers do, laws they 'uphold,' so yea.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I dunno - I grew up in South LA, and pretty much everyone knew that when an LA County Sheriff pulled you over, that you needed to be careful not to do anything that could be perceived as a threat, that you turn the engine off, keep your hands at 10 and 2, don't even start digging for license and registration because your movements might be misinterpreted. Some guys even put their hands on the roof liner until the cop tells them it's ok.

A lot of cops get shot during traffic stops, and you'll note that most of them are very cautious in how they approach you and your vehicle. And if there's two officers, how one of them remains in your blind spot? Try to understand their behavior - your license plate light might really be burned out, or they may be hunting the Beltway Sniper.

Because you really don't have any idea of why that cop pulled him over in the first place - was it because he was driving erratically? He was just a jerk with nothing better to do? Or something worse? For example, I was stopped late at-night/early-morning near my house, and as I found out later, there'd been a home invasion / rape / beating of an elderly woman reported not far away, and they were (obviously) looking for someone matching the description. They didn't tell *me* that, I just read it in the paper later on. Three minutes later, I was on my way. If I'd have decided to act belligerently or oddly that night, who knows where that might've ended up?

Look, you should know your rights, but don't be stupid - don't deliberately provoke a cop or act in strange ways. Had the guy simply rolled down his window, handed him his license/registration, he most likely would have been home in 5 minutes.

You have the right to remain silent - don't volunteer anything, don't talk yourself into a ticket, record the encounter if it makes you feel better - but I don't get how people that somehow think that having rights means they get to act belligerently to someone who does have the legal authority to stop a moving motor vehicle.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
You are required by law to step out of the car when told to do so by LE.

I have no idea if this guy was actually "assaulted". Maybe. Maybe not. I also have no idea how reasonable the officer was being up to this point. I'm kind of doubting he was. He seemed like a dick.

I would be a little suspicious and jumpy if I went to pull someone over and they didn't do so at the first opportunity. Driving a few extra blocks is a bad idea. Not rolling your window down when asked is a bad idea. Not getting out of the car is illegal, and a bad idea.

Well.. I have been pulled over a lot in my life...and gotten out of a lot traffic violations by being thoughtful and respectful..

Turn off your vehicle/turn on hazards. Bonus points for placing your keys on the dash.

Keep your hands on the steering wheel where he can see them.

Don't fumble around the car, reach under seats etc. Wait for the cop to approach and engage before fetching license and insurance.

IMO - On busy highways or roads, if a turn off or parking lot is nearby, go for it slowly so the cop or you don't have to worry about speedy traffic..but turn on your hazards so the cop knows you see him.

Yes sir, no sir and honest answers work best. If you were speeding, own it and apologize and say there is really no good excuse, you just didn't realize it until you saw the lights.

If I was this kid...I would not have gotten out of the car. The cop had anger management issues from the get go.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That police officer was some what out of line, however, i have posted this before. If you refuse to roll your window all the way down, you can be pulled out of the vehicle at any point for the officer's safety. At least in Mississippi.

People see these youtube videos, and dont understand the laws vary from state to state ...

The officer could say he couldn't hear you, you were fidgeting in the vehicle, you windows were tinted and he could not see in inside the vehicle clearly, you were driving through a high crime area, drug area. There's a lot of things that can be articulated on why you were pulled out. You can be pulled out for almost any reason.

---------

The man also refused to obey a lawful command of an officer, and was already in violation when he refused to roll the window down as commanded. He refused to open the door and step out, by that point, i would have notified him that he was being arrested and to exit the vehicle immediately. If he refused, i would have busted the back driver glass and pepper sprayed inside the vehicle.

In extreme circumstance.
edit on 27-8-2014 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It's not just police officers that are abusing power but everyone in a position of power. I work for the government in medical research and I can tell you that there is corruption on all levels of management. Why is there so much corruption? Contemplate. People around the entire world are depressed, nobody knows true peace and happiness in their hearts anymore. Love has dwindled to a mere ember struggling to catch flame in the winds of hatred. When someone is hurt they reject everything they feel has wronged them, and for most people they feel wronged by humanity. What is the consequence of feeling wronged by humanity? Look at how people treat each other in your personal life, there is hatred on all levels, just by walking down the street you'll get assaulted with sorrow, glares of anger and distrust, people using cars to cut each other off, etc. Everyone is struggling to feel superior to the other because that is a direct consequence of hatred, you want to overcome what you hate, you want to be better than what you hate so you grasp onto anything that makes you feel power over others, whether it's a gun, a job title, a fancy car, designer cloths, etc.

What we are seeing is the consequence of the greed that has infested the hearts and minds of humanity, megalomania. There is nothing we can do to stop this because if there was we wouldn't have gotten to this point in our civilization. It's meant to be or else it wouldn't have arisen just as a seed wouldn't arise unless it was meant to become a tree. Wars will be waged on all levels, from individuals to entire countries until humanity has created such an unnatural disaster upon the face of this planet that our species will be brought to the brink of extinction.

The only way to help is to better ourselves, to uphold morality and love for one another not for the sake of ourselves but for the sake of the future generations who will see the utmost barbarity that humanity will inevitably come to. By upholding morality and love we are in a sense "storing it's knowledge" for future generations. We must not allow the knowledge of love to die, that is the duty of humanity. Don't let it bother you though, this has to happen. Just like the apple has to rot off the tree to allow the growth of a new one, humanity will have to allow this mental and emotional infection to rot itself off the face of this earth and from it peace and love will prosper again. Are we lucky to be alive right now? No. Are we all going to be alright? Well if you believe this reality is the ultimate reality then no, we won't be (except for the lucky few who manage to die in their sleep haha), but if you believe in something more than this life now is the time to nurture that belief and grasp onto it with all of your heart and soul.

No industrialized civilization will find true peace on this planet for a very, very long time, and even then it will degenerate into what we have become today. Don't think so? Research history, every empire starts out golden (love) and ends with iron (war). Have faith in something greater than worldly desires because at this point in time no amount of wealth, material, or power will quench what the spirit of man desires most. Again, live in peace within yourself and you will be free from the terrors of this impermanent existence.

I would say that I grieve for humanity but I truly don't, I have come to understand what we are and as a consequence of that I accept the signs we are shown concerning the future of our civilization. We're crumbling, we have been crumbling since World War 1, that was the first global display of greed. Accept the inevitable, own the consequences of our moral degradation and use that acceptance as power to live your life to the fullest while we still have a limited amount of freedom from each other because I promise you, in the years to come you wont be able to walk outside without seeing barbaric acts in the streets of every city in the world.

It's been fun humanity.
edit on 27-8-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join