It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Records Himself Getting Attacked by Cop for not Rolling Down Window all the way

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
...maybe the solution is to address the hiring process that puts SO many bad people in key positions to begin with.

This problem isn't just some random issue that happened accidentally.

These events are planned and orchestrated.

There is clear agenda at work here and it goes far beyond who gets hired.

According to many LEO's, being a good cop will get you nowhere career wise.

So this type of behavior is being encouraged at the highest levels.

As a former officer I can only tell you what I have seen in a larger city department. You go into the job believing you are the good guys and see the officers who are the cowards and the criminals in uniform are the ones who get promoted and become your bosses. Even if you try to do the right thing and be a good officer you will always be a threat to the cowards and criminals who got promoted. Go into this profession with your eyes wide open, there are a lot of good cops and just as many bad. If you believe that being the good cop will get you anywhere you are sadly mistaken.

If you try to expose these bad cops they will destroy your career in a heartbeat and or get you hurt (call for back-up and nobody comes!) Even as the good cop you have to look the other way or you will be destroyed, It eats at your gut every day. Give me the dirtbags on the street anyday.. they don't cause the stress, the political machine and lust for power cause the stress. I was so glad to get out the day my pension kicked in.

I Wish I Never Became a Police Officer

I just recently retired as an Officer in New Hampshire. I have been offered numerous other LE jobs and I'm here to tell you that I will never ever put a uniform on again. It is not the public that makes the job so degrading but the administration.I Wish I Never Became a Police Officer

I can only speak of my experience as an officer. It has been said here many times and I agree 100% that the most stress you will encounter in this job comes from within your own department. 99% of this stress comes from administration (puppet chiefs, arrogant supervisors, selfish agendas, etc.). More and more police departments are managed like a business instead of a brotherhood.

I Wish I Never Became a Police Officer

edit on 26-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
No, it has nothing to do with the military, or anything other then what I said above... MONEY...

This is why Florida is the first state to institute “debters prisons” in what they call “collections courts”:

Debtors' prison— again
But with the Florida Legislature looking for revenue to fund the courts and other state services, judges are under pressure to wring every available penny out of those who owe.

The nonpayment problem is only likely to worsen. In Tallahassee, lawmakers are debating raising court fees and fines even further to raise general revenue for the state. Meanwhile, the state's rising unemployment rate will make it tougher for Floridians with a criminal record to find a decent job. Do we really want our jails filled with people whose only "crime" is that they are poor?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
After the usual rage I felt after seeing another pig trying to exorcise the demons that have been possessing him since jr high my first thought was "well, at least there both black."
Am I the only one?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Either way I think just doing what you're asked calmly and respectfully is going to almost always be the best option. Like I said earlier, you're getting out of that car one way or another. Better to do so in the least confrontational manner and deal with the legality later when cooler heads prevail and you have legal counsel.

What you say here is absolutely true. Do what they ask and you will avoid any harm, in almost all cases. The problem is that if you choose to exercise your rights in a responsible fashion, the interaction should not be any different and if it is, it is not the citizen in violation of the law, it is the officer.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

I'm sorry if I offended...I've been out of the loop for longer than I thought.

*over and out*

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Domo1

Don't they need a reason to pull you out of your car?
Not just cause they want to?

My friend who is disabled and had his handicap placard on display was ordered out of the car by a State Policeman. Why? He had an expired registration sticker because his car had been unused in his garage for a few months.

The officer tried to tell him to go get into the back of his cruiser. My friend said 'officer, I can't walk, I'm disabled'. The officer said OK, and wrote a ticket for the sticker. Nothing else happened. My friend had never been stopped for a moving violation in his life.

(I since spoke to a friend who is a State Policeman and he said it's completely ridiculous for a SP to make someone, ANYONE, get out of the car for an equipment or sticker stop, and completely out of standard operation to try to make someone who had only an expired sticker and no other tickets get in the back of the patrol car. This guy must have been the first day on the job and just a scared kid).

ALL cops are bad. The ones who don't do bad acts, and often called 'good cops' lie to protect the bad ones, or don't stop them or refuse to report on them. This makes them complicit.

Don't forget cops learn all their criminal behavior because they are exposed to criminals. Many are jealous of certain criminals because, let's face it -some crime- does pay (low arrest rate on some crimes).

We need to disarm cops return to having sheriffs who are elected and are responsible to citizens a bit more than a regular hired thug.

edit on 26-8-2014 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You didn't offend me, the situation just upsets me.
Basically its no longer about justice, its being abused to make money. There will be no relief, or real justice, as the state itself is behind it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I was under the impression Florida was a haven for parents not wanting to pay child support. Is this in response to that issue or was this not addressed?

originally posted by: defcon5
No, it has nothing to do with the military, or anything other then what I said above... MONEY...

This is why Florida is the first state to institute “debters prisons” in what they call “collections courts”:

Debtors' prison— again
But with the Florida Legislature looking for revenue to fund the courts and other state services, judges are under pressure to wring every available penny out of those who owe.

The nonpayment problem is only likely to worsen. In Tallahassee, lawmakers are debating raising court fees and fines even further to raise general revenue for the state. Meanwhile, the state's rising unemployment rate will make it tougher for Floridians with a criminal record to find a decent job. Do we really want our jails filled with people whose only "crime" is that they are poor?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
After the usual rage I felt after seeing another pig trying to exorcise the demons that have been possessing him since jr high my first thought was "well, at least there both black."
Am I the only one?

The fact that people starred your post makes me sad. We are here to "deny ignorance" and breaking this down to a black or white thing is just doing a disservice to anyone "listening". It's not a racial thing, it's a freedom thing.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

The problem is that if you choose to exercise your rights in a responsible fashion, the interaction should not be any different and if it is, it is not the citizen in violation of the law, it is the officer.

Completely agree.

Here is a video of a VERY patient cop. It amuses me greatly, but should also be a learning tool for new hires.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish
The article is linked.
It's about court fines assessed by the state. To my knowledge it has nothing to do with child support.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

Am I the only one?

Sadly it doesn't look like it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes def, I read the articles. I'm simply trying to understand all sides. By not addressing a serious monitary issue the state has they are by default condonning it.

That's a harsh thing to say about an entire state. Although it appears the State is now a business too. I hope people pay attention and leave or vote this out.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Helious

The problem is that if you choose to exercise your rights in a responsible fashion, the interaction should not be any different and if it is, it is not the citizen in violation of the law, it is the officer.

Completely agree.

Here is a video of a VERY patient cop. It amuses me greatly, but should also be a learning tool for new hires.

I've seen that video, it's old. I don't consider that behavior as "responsible" and truth be told I think if that were to happen today, he would have been maced / tazed / beaten or worse. I also don't know if I could argue him being put in cuffs by necessary means. His behavior was erratic, aggressive and unsettling.

Should you choose to exercise your rights, you should do so with calm confidence that what you are doing is and has been afforded to you from the founding of our country. You do not need aggressive behavior, threatening posture or a raised tone to assert them. The only thing needed is knowledge and appropriate demeanor to convey that knowledge to another person in a non threatening manner.

Should the situation escalate after that because of the assertion of rights, it is up to the individual to decide what is in there own best interest but without question, that matter should be pursued in all cases if a person feels their rights were violated. Some people may choose to go all the way and others may back down. Some may force a violent cops hand who is acting out of arrogance and ignorance and others may do it just for fun. Who knows.

The burden of knowing the line and the exact point you can or can not cross it lies with the officer as they are sworn protectors of said law and order. The majority of dirtbags they deal with on a daily basis notwithstanding as an excuse when they violate rights, It's time for accountability because public trust is at an ALL TIME low.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is a very rich state, filled with rich people who don't want to pay taxes. As such there will not be any state or local taxes here anytime in the foreseeable future. At the same time, as this is a high tourism state, and one with a lot of expensive natural infrastructure that costs a lot to upkeep, the state has to fund it somehow.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That's the law as it is written. I have hope one day people will care about said law, as much as their favorite sport. Until then, education is the greatest weapon against tyranny. Call it what you will.

Besides, we are bankrupt again. Maybe our next currency will not perpetuate the war machine, which is one of the direct causes for this nonsense.

The Universe, will "unfold" as it should. I've "let it go."
edit on 26-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized
The constitutional right to grand juries only applies to federal criminal issues, not state legal ones. States have the authority to write their own statues that say if they want to allow them or not, and to what extent they want to use them.

edit on 8/26/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
Am I the only one?

Lol...I thought the same thing! Lol.......and I'm not racist, but ....no one can throw the race card here.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I didn't know that. We could all just move to DC. Everything is federal there. Problem solved!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
That's exactly the problem with getting law off the internet. You might be listing to someone that doesn't really know the law, didn't read it correctly, only knows a part of it, or reads it and interprets it through 'rose colored glasses' of wishing that it means what they want it to mean. The whole “patriot” and “sovereign citizen” movements are prime examples of this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join