It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome in PA? Caught on trail-cam

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It does look somewhat like a whitetail deer headed away from the camera mid-jump over a tree from behind with it's head hidden by it's body in the foreground.

Or a piece of garbage blowing in the breeze....

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg
Well I thought I was done with this thread, but as I (foolishly) left the browser open to it, I may as well reply - because no one enjoys being misconstrued.

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
You're free to believe anything you want, either writing it in italics, bold or underlined.

It's called emphasis. Something often used in speech, however, hard to convey over the internet. Therefore, I make use of it.

But ... you offer no proof, whereas I do.

If your "proof" is in completely re-colouring the original image to suit your bias, then I agree, you have convinced yourself. I could have drawn a frog over top of the original image; that doesn't make it a frog though.

I showed we have a shape which perfectly matches the behind of a deer.

Again, only after completely colouring over the original image. Repeating something often enough, doesn't automatically make it so.

It has no eyes, I sufficiently proved that to be leaves / buds.

Sorry but you really haven't?

About not being able to see the head of the deer: indeed that's exactly what the deer tries to do: use that big white ass of it to confuse predators. See the image: the guy on the right sees the hinds hiney and the legs, nothing else.

I see what you tried to do there, except that in the original image (see gif below) the camera view is NOT facing directly behind the creature (or deer as you suppose) - it is at an angle, therefore we should have seen some of the neck or head if it WAS indeed, a deer.

...maybe you can explain then why a gnome would run through the woods BACKWARDS?

My theory also gives a totally feasible explanation why the "gnome" suddenly pops up and then "walks backwards" off scene.

That was YOUR theory, which is certainly not the only feasible one. In my opinion, the creature was first captured on film as it faced the camera, once it got close enough for the sensors. Upon hearing the shutter sound, it turned around and hastily left the area, which is represented by the 2nd and 3rd images.

The owner of the photos states as much himself:

In picture #1 (200 .jpg), the creature is walking towards the camera

Also, in picture #2 his back is now facing towards the camera and it looks like he's wearing leather of some sort.

Original Article

*Note - not a video - 3 stills animated together for full effect, taken from the original article.

Now, where is your proof, other than loudly stating you are right?

I never once stated I was right, only what I personally saw. Clearly I can offer no proof other than what the photographer said and what I see with my own eyes.

I've been using one (a camera) for almost 20 years now. Three weeks ago, after checking my camera, I discovered a series of three images of a creature that I have NEVER seen before.

What you didn't like is that I could not see it your way, and was trying to show why I thought your theory of a deer isn't really plausible to me - and to me only. I don't know why my not taking your theory as the only possible explanation was an affront to you. The only reason you refused to consider my theory is that you don't believe in unidentified creatures, or gnomes...which is a personal bias.

If anything you were pushing your single-minded view far more than I was pushing mine as being the only possible correct theory. Someone claiming Hoax would have been understandable to me; deer, not so much.

Now because your firm belief is in Occam's Razor and Occam's Razor ONLY - and it does not allow you to look outside of your comfort zone, I leave you to it.

Looking back, I do wonder if it was the mention of "ley lines" that bothered you - being as perhaps they DO have some link to unusual sightings and even UFOs. Hopefully one day we will know either way.

ETA: Welcome to the newer members to ATS, a few on this thread.

edit on 31-8-2014 by MoonBlossom because: Greetings

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Deer running away.....

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Gnome guarding treasure

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
NOTICE: You are using the close up to try to explain the image.

In the original, full sized photographs you can clearly see how it's a tiny lifeform hanging out around the branch that is coming from the right side of the photograph. If it was a deer or anything on the ground like we're being led to believe, it would not be:

Tiny.

Hanging out around a branch that is clearly originating right near the trailcam.

If it was far away like a deer why is the tail's very end overlapping the branch that is close to the cam and portrays a small lifeform?

That is not imo a deer. I see deer everyday.

Not jumping, not facing away from the cam. If it is a deer why is it tiny and around the top of the branch?

The colors are pretty accurate. The leaves are green, the bark is brown. The grass is green.

Why is this face completely purple? Why totally red clothing?

LMH is not a good source but we can't shoot the messenger at all. I can't see how it's a deer in any way. I've looked at it, had friends look at it and they all agree if it's a deer it's one tiny deer positioned above the ground near a branch that is close to the trailcam.

So it is not on the ground in the distance. That does not explain how it's face overlaps that branch.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I made some marks in Paint that help prove my point.

The first one shows the entire photograph directly from the site without enlargements.

It shows:

1: That the branch clearly is growing from the ground, next to or behind the trailcam. The red arrows illustrate the origin of the branch.

2: Encircled in blue, you can see how the purple face is overlapping the branch.

The branch is thin, and it is short in height.

How could a deer which is on the ground:

1: Be both behind the branch and have its face overlapping the branch; if the top of the branch is not far away?

2: Be tiny enough to be at the end of the branch? Perspective matters. The deer cannot be far away from the camera yet close enough to have its face overlapping the branch and its legs clearly behind the branch.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This second photograph straight from the site proves my point. The marks clearly show:

The arrow on top pointing out the end of the face overlapping the branch. Meaning the end of the face is clearly in front of the branch from the camera's point of view.

The arrows below clearly show how the legs are behind the branch from the camera's point of view.

Since the branch is short, thin and originating from the area right near the camera, a deer cannot be behind the branch and have its face in front of it at the same time.

The perspective does not indicate a deer in any way, shape or form. It would have to be a deer small enough to be near the top of the branch and close enough to the camera.

It does not explain the coloration.

IMO: It is something unknown. Not a deer but some kind of tiny, humanoid individual with a bright red jacket, purple hat or hair, face of the same color and very dark, stick thin legs.

Given the fact that entities like this are reported to be curious it suggests a small humanoid looking at the trailcam. It may have never seen one before or it thought it did not show up.

Maybe knew it would and figured its just to show its presence.

edit on 31-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom
In a last attempt to make you see the obvious please check out the (huge, sorry) picture of the "gnome" below. This is the original picture and I did NOT change anything in it. My software simply removed the massive blue and magenta bias caused by the bad settings / lense of the camera. The resulting picture looks more natural, the trees and grass roughly have the correct colours now and we also clearly see ... a deer.

Now - if you still don't see it or still believe I have been drawing a deer on top of the gnome - well, all right. In that case, let's agree to disagree - in that case I'd have to consider you 'beyond repair'. Which is not a terrible thing - many people I consider beyond repair lead very successful lives

edit on 31-8-2014 by ForteanOrg because: I made some spelling errors.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i was open to believing this could have been something supernatural.

but, if you look the entire image has discoloration. if you look at the animation of the three clips put together you'll notice that a majority of the trees in the background have a purplish discoloration to them. so while the "gnome" looks like it has a red body and a purple head it's really just artifacts from the trail cam's crappy resolution. making the brown fur of the deer look more reddish and the white more purpleish.

and you can tell that the "eyes" on the "gnomes" face are leaves in the foreground that don't move when the "gnome" moves toward the background. if you follow the right eye toward the right you see the small branch that is responsible for the leaf causing the effect making it look like an eye. and since it could be a baby deer it would only be a couple of feet in height. making it not really that tall.

plus you can see in the animation the deer's stride. it goes tail up, tail down, tail up. because it's galloping.

also the branch is in the foreground close the camera. the baby deer is in the background not near the branch at all. and what you're identifying as the gnomes face is the deers butt. the deer's face is out of view.

im willing to believe gnomes, fae, pukwudgies and all sorts of things exist. but i don't think this is one. they are far too smart and cunning to be caught on trail cams. plus from everything i've read i've never heard of any gnome looking anything like this. they have normal but shorter legs, normal but smaller clothing and normal but smaller shoes.
edit on 2-9-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Fort,
Congrats you clearly captured what I saw when I really looked at the animated slides. At first glance it looked like somthing else but when I saw those pics put into motion I saw very clearly the typical view I have seen on so many occasions as I walked in the woods. That white tail bounding away. I think you pointed out that you got the legs wrong on your outline but its a good approximation. The fact that others do not "see" it is no surprise. I am more than willing to believe in all manner of forest folk and I have even thought I saw some myself on a couple of occasions but this is just a deer.

I think someone said it here in this thread. They said they had been a hunter for a long time and could assure us this was not a deer. Then later they said they "wanted to see a gnome" well that about sums it up, people who want to see a gnome are not going to see the deer...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh for pity's sake... it's, of course, a deer-gnome hybrid.

Or maybe, I'll accept a robin carrying a drunken fawn home... common sense... is there none left in this world?
edit on 9/2/2014 by Baddogma because: add for those literalists ... heh

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
looks like a cardinal at first but definatly a deer running
edit on CDTpmv100911 by Tavg0911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's ManBearPig of course!

Lol on a more serious note, my thoughts were a bird of some kind because of the skinny legs but its hard to tell from the picture.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: MoonBlossom

In a last attempt to make you see the obvious please check out the (huge, sorry) picture of the "gnome" below. This is the original picture and I did NOT change anything in it. My software simply removed the massive blue and magenta bias caused by the bad settings / lense of the camera. The resulting picture looks more natural, the trees and grass roughly have the correct colours now and we also clearly see ... a deer.

Now - if you still don't see it or still believe I have been drawing a deer on top of the gnome - well, all right. In that case, let's agree to disagree - in that case I'd have to consider you 'beyond repair'. Which is not a terrible thing - many people I consider beyond repair lead very successful lives

Not to denigrate your excellent analysis, but if is so 'obvious', why has this thread gone on for seven pages with varying degrees of interpretation from different people as to what the picture shows? My point is, not everyone has access or expertise with photo enhancing and manipulation software. Just because someone doesn't see what you see, no need to get pissy and trash them.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

My analysis proves that little guy is on top of the branch, which is tiny and growing close to the camera meaning it's not on the ground in the distance.

I mean, I even used hokey little arrows and circles to illustrate my point

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

the branch is in the foreground

the deer is in the background

you can see the front legs of the deer go all the way to the ground and you can even see the dirt from where its foot is hitting the ground.

this is the same premise.

you can even see the trays on the ground that the person put food in to attract animals to the trail cam.

also as was previous explained the trail cam has crappy resolution and the colors are off, causing the trees in the background to appear purple. the color corrected version was posted.
edit on 5-9-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

But why is the end of its face overlapping with the top of the branch? None of the analyses even try to explain it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

because it's not really overlapping. what you're seeing is plant material that you're identifying as part of the "face"

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It would be nice to have another photo with a person standing in the same spot. Things would get more scientific then.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanOnEarth
It would be nice to have another photo with a person standing in the same spot. Things would get more scientific then.

Agreed. Another picture with a normal sized person in the same spot would add a reference for some depth perception.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can almost see where the deer theory could explain these pictures; however - if this is a deer - it's missing it's head.

I'm not convinced of anything except I don't know what this is.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Did not read your thread but having just come across this I can't see anything in it, this says a lot the camera owner..

My name is Keith Sniadach. I am an author, screenwriter and researcher from Pittsburgh. My writing is geared toward the paranormal/supernatural. (You can go to Amazon and type my name in the search bar to see my books). - See more at: disinfo.com...

But the leaf matter in the picture looks exactly like the other object to me, same color same shape, this is nothing but a blown leaf in my opinion.
www.earthfiles.com...
www.earthfiles.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join