It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome in PA? Caught on trail-cam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Thanks for putting this animation together.

Hate to be the skeptic, but all I see is a dude with skinny legs wearing a red sweatshirt and red baseball cap. He appears to be carrying a soft shell guitar case on his back while walking through the woods.

Some people might call him "the Gnome", but he seems a bit too tall to be of the classical variety.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Maybe some kind of colorful balloon or something, blowing through? It's "legs" don't really seem to move, and it seems to get skinnier as it goes along, maybe as it rotates.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Howdy,

I take back what I said about the leaf earlier... I didn't see the other pictures (just the one).

That said, I have lived in PA all my life, and I've seen some dead (and delicious) pheasants in my day... They do have purple around their heads.
www.portal.state.pa.us...

Like I said, beautiful, delicious birds.

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just looked up a number of "colour schemes" for pheasants and some of them have WILD colour schemes indeed.
See this site for some examples.

Not that bright purple though. Mm. Trick of the light?

edit on 27-8-2014 by ForteanOrg because: I had a 't' too many..

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11

I've been messing with a photo editor on these pics for hours. There is a completely mundane explaination but for the life of me can't accept it as a pheasant mainly because of the height from body to the "white puff ball" thing. maybe someone better at photo adjustments than myself will get it right so we can see what this darn thing is. Whatever it is, it isn't a magical little gnome man running around in some persons back yard looking for hotel deals

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Great job on the animation, thanks. That looks like the correct sequence, first approaching the cam, then walking away. The head reminds me of the Spy vs Spy characters from Mad magazine. I'd post a pic, but nothing uploads for me. Weak, I know.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
After that video. I see a bird. I do not know what kind of bird. But that is what I see.........SIGH I guess my uncle is not a gnome after all. Thanks forteanorg for ruining my dreams.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
To me I can't see it being a bird. The "gnome" in question has an elongated face, like a rat or an opossum. Also, it has large eyelids that seem to cover slightly bulging black or grey eyes. I see a very long snout that faces downward or the "gnome" has its head slightly stooped. Brow ridges too above the eyelids. You can tell the way the shading is in the up close sequence created by ForteanOrg. The red outfit continues past the back of the head, maybe a short collar seen which could indicate the head was stooped or the neck was craned, allowing the collar to be seen more.

Or it's a hood put down and we're seeing the fold in the material. If it's a hat it's the same color as the face, meaning it's a horn shaped head or a hat the same color. I see a slight "break" over the forehead that looks like the bottom edge of the pointy hat.

As for the legs, they're not covered by the material or any imo. They seem to be very, very thin but strong enough to support a lifeform of that frame. Many animals have "delicate" looking legs that would seem to shatter in any instance yet they're capable of decent strength.

One thing that bothers me about the legs is that they seem to be in the same position regardless of where the entity is located. The left leg seems to be positioned outward, making it look closer to the camera view. It's also bended so the knee is out. When the entity is turned to run or walk away, it looks like the same configuration, left leg far away to indicate the same position as the "facing position". Right leg more straight but with a slight bend.

So the legs to me scream bird. Very thin, dark, very strong. Bent. The body screams bird. As for the head, what appears to be clothing, don't know. But if it's a hoax, it's elaborate except for a few details, very well made. But they messed up the legs, never moving them into an action/running position. If it's real, plenty of animals have chunky bodies with thin legs. Birds especially. Hope that helps

And thanks to ForteanOrg for putting the pics in a sequence so I could compare them easily

ETA: I don't have time but anyone can search for it. Many, many sightings involve tiny entities with elongated faces. One girl who saw one sleeping over a window in her bedroom at night claimed the face was longish, like a pig. She considered the entity to be a pooka.

Pooka Location: Ashby de la Zouch (Leicestershire) - Private residence Type: Fairy Date / Time: 1990 Further Comments: A witness who awoke in the middle of the night encountered what she believed to be a fairy entity known as a Pooka, sleeping over the pelmet of a landing window. The creature was similar to a little piglet, but with a longer, pointy nose and no visible tail. The part of the house where the sighting happened is on the path of a ley line.

Fairy Reports

So that could lend credence to the long face and the animal characteristics. Given the fact that gnomes and the like are nature oriented, I would imagine they'd have animal features, looking like a mix of human/animal. Even plant and other natural materials.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I just noticed the source piece is by Linda Moulton Howe.

Fail from the start....sorry.

She has done more than most to pull the cloak of secrecy away from taboo subjects like cattle mutilations and other things, and she has rattled more than a few cages in the FBI and the NSA, and global banking elite to boot. Her work to promote hydrogen from water for fuel really tee'd off the big banks who also own the 4 largest oil company conglomerates on the entire planet.
having said that I am sure she's made some mistakes and given plenty of ammo to the armchair peanut galleries, and to the ignorant news reporters of the status quo, but as to her contributions to the world, shes done more than most and her motives have been pure of heart.

And I think it would be far more productive to examine this particular odd happening instead of trying to debunk the whole thing based on the messenger, but then that isn't the MO of normal debunking. Normal debunking rule number 9 I think it is, is "When you can't discredit the facts of the reported phenomenon, go after the reporter of the story, or discredit the messenger".
Am I wrong about all of this?
edit on 27-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My attempt at an animation. Slightly clearer. Unusual color features in the closest shot.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Its just a 4 foot tall bird with a bad case of mange. Either that or giant leaf with legs. Nothing to see here.

Did anybody post any pics of a similar looking bird or leaf? You can see it moving behind far away branches so it cant be a small leaf or bird. And it looks nothing at all like the trevelocity gnome! Or any traditional human faced gnome... It looks closer tk a grey alien face than a travelocity gnome or human face.

ETA blue shifts video seems to have a little better resolution.
edit on 8/27/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/27/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Now that's pretty weird. Do I believe in gnomes not necessarily,but I do believe that there is strange things in the world we don't understand. I think it's interesting nonetheless and makes for interesting discussion. What is especially fascinating to me besides the picture is how quickly some people jump on here and say "Nope you're wrong..really?..how stupid...etc" I wonder if these so called experts are just poised at their computers fingers at the ready..waiting to debunk and insult to prove their so called expertise. Perhaps people don't want to believe in the paranormal anymore and just reduce this board to screaming and arguing about political and government conspiracies, where nothing is real either..a tad bit of boring rubbish I must say.

I know the motto of Above Top Secret is Deny Ignorance, however from reading over the past few years it almost seems to me the motto has become..Believe In Nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
if it had entered the frame from either side then the first picture would show the "gnome" near the edge of the frame,then each subsequent picture would show it nearer to the middle of the frame.

There are no pictures showing the "gnome" on the left side of the frame so obviously it didn`t enter from the left.
it either entered from the right and moved to the left,then disappeared when it neared the center of the frame or it entered the frame from above near the center of the frame and moved to the right.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is one of the strangest images I have ever seen. The skinny bird like legs are even skinnier than a human skeleton's leg bone.
I don't think the images were faked, but I have no idea what this critter is, if it is real.

Just assume that it is a real critter from "elsewhere" How would people on average react to it if they came around a corner and saw it approaching? Probably most would freak out and run, or if armed would shoot it in total panic. I wouldn't be afraid myself. If it was the lizard man of Scape Ore swamp I would be .. That was one mean lizard..

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah I'm starting to think it isn't a hoax and that it's truly a nature spirit we equate with gnomes. We see birds have very strong, sturdy, thin limbs. Some much longer than that and are capable of supporting bulk. I don't think any birds have long purple faces like a pig mixed with a rodent. Or hats the same color or a large horn-shaped head of the same color. Maybe it's just the quality of the images that distort them into appearing that way but how can you classify these entities when a huge variety have been seen? Little men, green, red, driving tiny cars, piloting little saucers, marching in military style uniforms, dressed kind of like little stereotypical Thanksgiving Pilgrims, jumpsuits, some are super tiny others you'd think were little children.

There's either many types or they're capable of appearing as many other beings.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Pretty neat. It could be a wee lil one, who knows. I lived in Hawaii for 3 years on Oahu and they have a belief there relevant to little folks they call the Minihunies, (sp)...I know I spelled it wrong but anyway, they even have low little walls of rock built all over the place on the island that would be the right height if built by these little creatures as they say. Alls I know is there were some mighty strange goings on, on that island, especially at night every so often. They have a lot of interesting beliefs there...even about Madame Pali,(sp) and how when she gets angry, a volcano there acts up. Very interesting and fun. Lots of spiritual superstitions and beliefs there...so, it may be possible that gnomes do roam the earth much like the 3 and 1/2 ft. aliens, and fairies, or so we've been told.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think it is so weird. I think the legs are too thin to be a pheasant.

Here are the close-up crops I made using Photoshop...

Pic 1

While looking at the first photo, I see either a marmoset looking monkey face if it is looking sideways or a creature wearing a medieval-like plague mask with the long nose...or a gnome?

Pic 2

Pic 3

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Also, it has large eyelids that seem to cover slightly bulging black or grey eyes.

The "eyes" are pareidolia - a trick of the mind. Our brains simply assume eyes when we see two more or less eye-shaped forms that are somewhat in the right position. The (for the viewer) left "eye" seems to be a bud and looks somewhat like an eyesocket with the right part missing. The right "eye" is a leaf.

You can check it for yourself by simply loading picture #1 and picture # 2 in your favourite graphics program and switch back and forth: to your astonishment you'll see the "eyes" remain stationary whilst the critter moves

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Very interesting images, S&F OP. Try as I might, I just cannot see a leaf or a bird/pheasant. I do see a creature (with eyelids/brow ridges and eyes, sort of a downward snouted face, thin arms and even thinner legs), and will not discount the possibility of another dimension's bleed-through. I have often wondered if creatures like Sasquatch, Faeries, Gnomes, Elves et al, just vibrate at a different frequency from ours, and their "sightings" are due to a phenomenon that makes them temporarily visible to humans, but yet unable to be "captured" or photographed clearly, due to their vibrational aspects.

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Pooka Location: Ashby de la Zouch (Leicestershire) - Private residence Type: Fairy Date / Time: 1990 Further Comments: A witness who awoke in the middle of the night encountered what she believed to be a fairy entity known as a Pooka, sleeping over the pelmet of a landing window. The creature was similar to a little piglet, but with a longer, pointy nose and no visible tail. The part of the house where the sighting happened is on the path of a ley line.

So that could lend credence to the long face and the animal characteristics. Given the fact that gnomes and the like are nature oriented, I would imagine they'd have animal features, looking like a mix of human/animal. Even plant and other natural materials.

Perhaps these ley lines, are where the "walls" between the dimensions are thinner or reactive to energy or magnetics somehow...maybe UFOs are drawn to ley line areas as well. Just a thought.

edit on 28-8-2014 by MoonBlossom because: More Thoughts Added

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The gnome doesn't live in Pennsylvania anymore. After over 14 years, Travelocity and the roaming gnome has come to an end. When you call Travelocity, you're actually calling Expedia, unless its a cruise product, I believe Orbitz scooped that up.

Travelocity’s North American websites will be powered by Expedia’s technology, customer services and supply

www.expediainc.com...

Officials at Travelocity confirmed that 77 positions at Hanover Industrial Estates near Wilkes-Barre are being eliminated.

wnep.com...

I suppose there is always ways around anti-trust huh? No, there is no gnome in Pennsylvania.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join