It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome in PA? Caught on trail-cam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Is the gnome hiding behind the robin that was sitting on the branch of that bush?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I hope he's not saying it to you... That's illegal in most states.
I had an uncle once.

I'm only teasing.

I never had an uncle.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
Is the gnome hiding behind the robin that was sitting on the branch of that bush?

That's a really RED robin....but that did make me chuckle......it is still , in my opinion, a leaf that has turned color and curled upward toward us. ...Look at the ground below, and the leaves in the trail. They are all fall foliage and the same as the leaf that looks like the gnome.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I just noticed the source piece is by Linda Moulton Howe.

Fail from the start....sorry.

I 2nd that, anything with her name on it is bails-fest

And be sure to purchase some useless info @ earthfiles!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
OK ATS, i've been going over these pics and most of us (at least i would hope) know this isn't some kind of mystical creature. The one thing that has drawn my attention is the obvious bird legs on this thing. I'm going to go with a cleverly executed hoax involving maybe a chicken with some sort of hand puppet on it's head and body or a similar concept with doll clothes

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
How about a Camelion?.
Has an apparent Face, similar to camelion faces,
appears to have legs holding onto the branch.
and a Tail dropping down and curling, similar to a camelions tails.
If they are not native to the area maybe someone let it go wild!...

Red Camelion Link

Camelions.....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
If you compare the focus(blur) of the object to any other part of them image you will notice it matches the twig in the foreground.

Conclusion : it's an out of focus foreground leaf ! Th colour is consistent with a dying/dead leaf as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Would a falling leaf trigger the camera (which needs to see a heat source in infra-red move across sections in the field of view) - 3 times ?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

After looking at the info provided I say .... leaf.
But still, this is a fun thread for ATS. Thanks for posting it

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's probably just a pheasant...

Ring Necked Pheasant Indigenous to Pennsylvania

...Dark head, white ring around the neck, reddish body. I think it's time to move along.
edit on 8/27/2014 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Then move along.
Some of us want to know what it actually is and not what people think it is

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's Danny DeVito!! He was "confused" again and walking in the woods of Pa.

But seriously, I don't know what I'm looking at here. Very interesting, though. I just wish the photos were better.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Then move along.
Some of us want to know what it actually is and not what people think it is

Well unfortunately for you the only way to know what it actually is is for people to say what they think it is first. If you're lucky they will even give reasons for their belief. So, considering that this is a blurry image of something with two skinny legs, a reddish body, a white ring around its neck, a dark head and is in the general shape of a pheasant. I think I've made a pretty convincing argument about this being a Ring Necked Pheasant. It matches that description perfectly AND it is an animal that is very common in Pennsylvania. I thought we were suppose to deny ignorance here on ATS.

Some of us want to know what this actually is instead of living in a fanciful world where everything has to be gnomes and aliens. Sometimes, in fact most of the time, there is a reasonable explanation. No fowl play here, just a pheasant

edit on 8/27/2014 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
first photo just looks like a motion-blurred image of a bird on a limb

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i've seen/heard some pretty convincing things concerning puckwudgies, which are kinda similar to gnomes. so i wouldn't even say it's impossible for gnomes or gnome like creatures to exist.

but, the legs of this "thing" in the picture. they really just look like bird legs. really, really thin, stick like, bird legs. don't know if it's a pheasant, cardinal or what. but, like others have said whatever it was must have been able to set off the trail cam to begin with. so i think we can at least rule out leaves and such.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The all knowing scojak has spoken, it's a pheasant and couldn't possibly be anything else.
Not that it couldn't be one but there is a bit more to these photos.
Pheasants don't have pink or purple things on their heads.
Yes, we're supposed to deny ignorance but for you to state what you think it is then insinuate that it's all it could be and everyone should accept that is the exact opposite of the phrase.

edit on 8/27/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Are you sure the images are in the right order? If so, the critter (?) seems to move BACKWARDS.. or is the 'face' actually something it wears on it's head? I created a little animation using the suggested 1 second interval. Seems a real object to me though I'm totally flabbergasted - no idea what it is.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Now, the 'eyes' - are no eyes, in as far as I can see. After a lot of switching back and forth between image 1 and 2, I found that at the exact location of the 'eyes' there are parts of the twig / branch that is in front of the camera. It is not feasible that the critter has eyes that can pop up in front of the twig where the rest of the critter stays behind the twig

Which also answers the question in my previous post: yes, the pictures are probably in the right order - the "eyes" aren't there.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

The way you have it in motion looks like an animal walking or bounding its front legs.
A little dog that someone put clothes on it's rear end? or maybe a doctored photo of a deer running
edit on 8/27/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
The all knowing scojak has spoken, it's a pheasant and couldn't possibly be anything else.

Though it would be GREAT to get a picture of a real gnome .. this indeed seems to be some kind of bird, The pareidolia created by the bird and the leaves makes you see 'eyes'. There are 2 strong indications against it: eyes do not pop up on the wrong side of the twig (see my previous post) and if this were eyes, the "gnome" would have stridden backwards.

Pheasants don't have pink or purple things on their heads.

I'm not sure about the color schemes for pheasants in America - in Europe they don't have any purple on them. Maybe we have an ornithologist in our midst who might enlighten us?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join