It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome in PA? Caught on trail-cam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I see something. In fact, I see something so clearly that I can't identify it! What sort of trail cam is this? Why would the gnome look like the travelocity gnome? Do gnomes only have certain colours for their clothes? Certainly a mythical creature can come up with something that doesn't look EXACTLY like a lawn gnome that you can buy anywhere.

Technically speaking this trail cam caught something. Do I think it's a gnome? No.

Now, my non-a-hole hat. What it looks like is something moving quickly infront of whatever model of camera this happens to be. Without know its exact shutter speed, the exact time of day, and real-time video, there is no real way of knowing exactly what was captured here. My gut feeling (no empirical evidence) is that it's someone jacking around with their new trail cam.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Ecidemon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They're after our underpants!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Nice! And creepy as hades for some reason.

No, I don't really think it's the roaming gnome because he is sitting atop my entertainment center as I type ( yes I'm serious
). But just thinking about something like that being real is terrifying. For some reason I think they would be uber evil.

Debunked or no... Still a fun image/thread. S&F OP because I can.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ecidemon
I see something. In fact, I see something so clearly that I can't identify it! What sort of trail cam is this? Why would the gnome look like the travelocity gnome? Do gnomes only have certain colours for their clothes? Certainly a mythical creature can come up with something that doesn't look EXACTLY like a lawn gnome that you can buy anywhere.

Technically speaking this trail cam caught something. Do I think it's a gnome? No.

Now, my non-a-hole hat. What it looks like is something moving quickly infront of whatever model of camera this happens to be. Without know its exact shutter speed, the exact time of day, and real-time video, there is no real way of knowing exactly what was captured here. My gut feeling (no empirical evidence) is that it's someone jacking around with their new trail cam.

According to folklore (and sightings) they come clothed in a variety of fashions. The typical green and red with the pointy hat. Some may try to blend into their environments more carefully. Living in thick undergrowth they could wear mostly dark green or if they're "dune gnomes", tan and light brown, with some grey. One sighting had a "little man" wearing all red, hat and all.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
According to folklore (and sightings) they come clothed in a variety of fashions. The typical green and red with the pointy hat. Some may try to blend into their environments more carefully. Living in thick undergrowth they could wear mostly dark green or if they're "dune gnomes", tan and light brown, with some grey. One sighting had a "little man" wearing all red, hat and all.

Hope that helps.

Gnomes have changed over the centuries based on the society that was writing about them.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ecidemon

Absolutely correct, that too. Same with how the Klingons changed over the years. Not the best example but it's all I could think of. All varieties of outfits are still seen. I never found a lot of info but I think in southwestern Colorado there's been the Littlefoots sighted and they supposedly have blue paint on their faces. Some see some parallels to the Picts.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Except the name "gnome" didn't even appear until the 15th century. Klingon's have largely been the same since their description in the mid 20th century.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Whether they are real, biological creatures... or something else, they seem to actually exist... or at least they're seen by not crazy people, anyway.

I have a friend who swears she saw one many times in her house.

I talked to another who saw one in the NE woods of the U.S.... and I believe they think they saw a little humanoid in "quaint" clothing.

Linda M. Howe doesn't have a ton of cred as she is queen of "woo," but that doesn't mean she can't have someone send her something real.

What is in these pics I can't guess... and those little guys that are seen sure seem very rare... so I have no real opinion, just wanted to say that, weird as it is, some credible seeming people have seen those little guys.... whatever they are.

And really, the couple little corpses found... the one in Russia and the one in Chile... sure do point to little humanoids living here with us.

I'm just not surprised by weird things anymore... and OP, thanks for the find... love the crypto threads.

link   
I just had to see the gnome bitterness.

link   

Gnome is just a modern name for beings that have been seen for years. I'm sure centuries ago they had more common names for fairies. And Bigfoot is a modern name.

The early Klingons just had tan makeup and goldish tunics with belts. Then they started to evolve into the ones we're familiar with today, ridged foreheads and a very warrior/honor centric civilization.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Surely, every civilization evolves to some extent, but it's entirely possible the first Klingon's were hybrids chosen specifically due to their likeliness to the human race.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I learned today pixie came from pict- sidhe
Pronounced she. So pict she... pixie.

Absolutely correct, that too. Same with how the Klingons changed over the years. Not the best example but it's all I could think of. All varieties of outfits are still seen. I never found a lot of info but I think in southwestern Colorado there's been the Littlefoots sighted and they supposedly have blue paint on their faces. Some see some parallels to the Picts.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Many people have seen things they'd go to their grave insisting they saw, that didn't actually see what they thought they saw. It's a function of the human brain.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

In one episode of Star Trek (pretty sure TNG) when asked why early Klingons didn't have ridges Worf said something like "...I don't want to talk about it".

Must be taboo to explain it or reference it outside his people.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

In one episode of Star Trek (pretty sure TNG) when asked why early Klingons didn't have ridges Worf said something like "...I don't want to talk about it".

Must be taboo to explain it or reference it outside his people.

Cross breading was never something they were proud of.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
gnomidiculous!!!!!!
ET is one thing but gnome's now that is taking it too far!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

As far as things reported for generations ... and being "far out" but seen, what, exactly, is the dif between "et" and "gnomes," "elves" or "faires?"

And to the other poster... I have seem some weird things, but never a gnome... but as far as the other people who have, the one's I know don't hallucinate at all... except for the gnome-things... and one of them saw one many, many times... and coupled with the other folks who swear to it... I don't hear the same numbers swearing they saw something else weird... like an animate floor-lamp, or something like that... they stay pretty consistent... and lately we seem to have corpses... so why is it impossible again?

We know a great deal... but there's a whole lot of room for novel information.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
gnomidiculous!!!!!!

Oh, come on! It's all in good fun!!

The thing could be dangerous...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
gnomidiculous!!!!!!

Oh, come on! It's all in good fun!!

The thing could be dangerous...

My uncle says the same thing all the time....and he is short...OH MY GAWD......my uncles a gnome

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join