It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensing pain or death of others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This topic was inspired by an earlier thread created by elemtalsage. It made me think about an experience I once had not long ago. I had been up all night and decided to finally get some shut eye. Well, about four hours later I sat straight up in bed and felt wide awake but very uneasy. At this point I should have been dead to the world as it sometimes takes three alarm clocks to wake me up. I tried to lie back down but was stirred back out of bed by someone frantically knocking on the front door. There was man telling me to call 9-11 as there was a man lying out on the curb in between our cars. Apparently this man was walking by and had a massive heart attack right in front of my house. The ambulance got here quick but couldnt revive the man and he died right there on the street. What was strange though, is the fact that I was stirred wide awake essentially at the same time this man had his heart attack. It was almost as if I could sense this mans pain or passing. I know it could have been coincidence but I have had other similar experiences with the passing of relatives. Id like to hear other stories from members who have had similar experiences.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
When I was 17 getting ready to graduate from high school, I had an experience similar to this.
A couple of weeks before graduating I was sitting in my bedroom around 9:30-10:00 P.m. and just starting crying for no reason. I wasn't depressed or upset about anything, but the tears just started to roll down my cheeks.

I finally got it under control and went to bed early. I woke up about 2:00 a.m. and had this uncontrollable urge to write down my thoughts.

When I was half way through it, I realized I was writing a death notice!
I tore it up and went back to bed scared senseless.

The next day, I found out that one of my graduating class had died around 9:30-10:00 p.m. that night.

This is one instance that I believe is similar to what you are describing.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well for me senseing the death of others is an unpleasant experience.
I get a nervous, queasy feeling in my stomach and I start worrying about
the people close to me. It's not like regular everyday worry. It's different. It's like a sense of doom. I hate it.
I've learned to recognize the feeling and it can happen even when it's
a stranger that's going to die or dying. With strangers though. they have to be near my location for me to sense it.
With family members it does'nt matter where they are.
I can also sense anger from others if it's intense and directed at me. It makes the top of my head kinda hurt. I've learned to recognize that feeling too.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Well for me senseing the death of others is an unpleasant experience.
I get a nervous, queasy feeling in my stomach and I start worrying about
the people close to me. It's not like regular everyday worry. It's different. It's like a sense of doom. I hate it.

It has the same kid of effect on me as well Elaine. It's definitely different than the average concern for a loved one.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It was almost as if I could sense this mans pain or passing. I know it could have been coincidence but I have had other similar experiences with the passing of relatives. Id like to hear other stories from members who have had similar experiences.

***I don't have time to elaborate on stories (or even wait for this reply to post right now!), but oh yes, it is very possible, and for me and others, very normal to feel the pain and emotion of others. For me, another persons pain is often harder to take than my own.

I've seen, in what was somewhat like a very real (more real than reallity) dream - the death of others as it was happening - only before it happened. I've also, at age 6 - my first 'experience' that is remembered by my family and myself is that of my 'fit' and uncontrolable crying - therefore trip to the emergancy room - at the time my grandfather died (suicide in another town - no one expected him home or went looking for several days. Turns out the time of death and the time of my 'fit' were the same.

Oh - and it don't have to be with someone you even know, much less care for or love.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can *sense* the pain of others without *feeling* it myself.

In the beginning as I acquired some empathy, it was difficult to separate the *feeling* part.

Now I can detect someone's feelings in a *detached* way without getting directly affected emotionally. I can then sustain this kind of observation as long as I want.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sen5e
I can *sense* the pain of others without *feeling* it myself.

In the beginning as I acquired some empathy, it was difficult to separate the *feeling* part.

Now I can detect someone's feelings in a *detached* way without getting directly affected emotionally. I can then sustain this kind of observation as long as I want.

I know what you mean. Empathy wise - no porblem seperating. But compassion is what gets me every time.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have trouble shutting out other peoples emotions as well, I deal with allot of people in one day and can sense their emotions all to well. It was a big problem for me at first but with time you can learn to close some of it out. I can't imagine what it would be like to feel others physical pain though
that would be too much....its hard enough dealing with the emotions.
Parker

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i do NOT believe anyone has the ability to do that
sense others dying
thats rediculous

if you could REALLY sense others dying
if even by 'accident' and seemingly 'randomly'

you would be freaking out ALL day LONG for your entire Life!!!
millions of people die daily
and millions more are born to replace them
lol

lets say we threw you into New York City
or Tokyo

would you cry all day long? there is literally tens of thousands within a few mile area dying constantly
a new death every second

and are you freaking out?

honestly i truely believe you people have wayyyy too much time on your hands
you get really bored of regular life
nothing cool happens really

you take a shower you eat a meal watch a little tv maybe
but overall its BORING and UNFUFILLING

so you 'makeup' wild amazing beliefs

like you attribute a headache to the COINCIDENTAL death of someone remotely related to you

actually it doesnt prove anything
your reports lack evidence
in my opinion they also lack scientific minded scrutiny

i will disagree with your claims on beyond human powers
until you scientifically prove them

i dont believe in mediums either
they defraud helpless vulnerable hurting people
by claiming healing and closure
when in reality all they do is give you bank closure

and yes claiming you can "sense when someone dies"
goes hand in hand with the "i can talk to dead people"

both are either coincidences or outright lies or misinterpreted perceptions
usually these things are created by people selling a book or service with it
im very agianst these bamboozlers

yes i said it
Bamboozlers

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
But compassion is what gets me every time.

Same here. But I have to admit I feel *no* compassion when it comes to those who deserve the pain because they have no morals concerning inflicting the same pain unto others.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
muzzleflash writes:
i do NOT believe anyone has the ability to do that
sense others dying
thats rediculous

***I wonder why on earth you choose this particular forum to dwell in then?

if you could REALLY sense others dying
if even by 'accident' and seemingly 'randomly'

***I'm certain it's not random. But oddly enough, I know about a live in girl frined of my uncles (out of state) and not about my own brother? Probley because I'd give myself to save him, for her - well - bummer.

you would be freaking out ALL day LONG for your entire Life!!!
millions of people die daily
and millions more are born to replace them
lol

***Not everyone, not everytime.

honestly i truely believe you people have wayyyy too much time on your hands
you get really bored of regular life
nothing cool happens really

***Again, you are in the wrong forum. I hope you open your eyes to things soon. Life will be a better place little man.

actually it doesnt prove anything
your reports lack evidence
in my opinion they also lack scientific minded scrutiny

***I have plently of eveidence. But I can't proove to you that it is authentic - so for you, there will never be proof.

top topics

join