It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Researchers Think We May Be Living in a 2D Hologram

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Government

Trailers

Anonymous

Yup, Business as usual. QUICK!!!...Look over here!

Please wake up people.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hologram, when used metaphorically, is a perfect descriptive.

Its all about uncertainty, and collapse of the wave function. The metaphorical hologram.

Then the question becomes: how? Is it a property of the universe, or is the universe a property of it? At that point you are getting pretty far out into the deep waters.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Well -- the current wave of simulation theory can be traced to Nick Bostrom in 2003 or so, but the root of all simulation theory is skepticism, as outlined by Zeno, Parmenides and other pre-Socratic Greeks.

It's mostly mental masturbation, but -- unlike the contemporary garden variety mental masturbation our culture largely enjoys, attempting to come to grips with On Nature is at least mind-expanding, even if it is -- in the final analysis -- an incomplete picture of reality, whatever it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just another crock of scientific grant theorizing for the money....sounds cool give em a few million for interferometers.....
meh.............

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Hogan told me that, if we are indeed living in a hologram, "the basic effect is that reality has a limited amount of information

Like fish in the water, they only know the water where they are swimming in.
So we are like the fish.

The whole universe and how big it is, just seems to me really weird but if it's a simulation/computer program/holographic (creation) it doesn't seem that weird and who knows most of is 'fake'.
But it's kinda cool if it can be proven, but by that time the 'computer program' will be ended

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Someone important to me once expressed to me that our souls (if you believe in that kind of thing) exists in a place without time and matter. They (the souls) feed of of experiences in holographic planes (where matter and time are simulated) through us. Except souls do not only experience our world they feed on experiences of multiple, perhaps infinite worlds and time all at once. When their vessel pass in one world, part of their experience imprints to other planes (kind of like instant karma I guess). Sounds crazy but, that is the short version of the story that was express to me anyways.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Someone important to me once expressed to me that our souls (if you believe in that kind of thing) exists in a place without time and matter. They (the souls) feed of of experiences in holographic planes (where matter and time are simulated) through us. Except souls do not only experience our world they feed on experiences of multiple, perhaps infinite worlds and time all at once. When their vessel pass in one world, part of their experience imprints to other planes (kind of like instant karma I guess). Sounds crazy but, that is the short version of the story that was express to me anyways.

Did this person have a name for this belief or was it the person's own conclusion? I'm just curious about the "imprints to other planes" part.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck

I love Vice....thanks for the heads up...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd be more interested in it if the government weren't involved.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This is just too big for me to wrap my head around. It's like reality imitating science fiction. I'm still trying to understand the idea of warping space and time to travel between stars! Maybe finding the scientific truth can be found in this famous Star Trek quote from Scotty..."Jim we need more power!"

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Did this person have a name for this belief or was it the person's own conclusion? I'm just curious about the "imprints to other planes" part.

The person never told me the name of the belief, I do not know if it has a name. From what I understand, some of the experiences the soul gain from us are left as imprints that are passed on to other planes that may effect the thoughts or experiences of some other vessels the souls are inhabiting. I am not a religious person myself so my interpretation might be a bit off.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow
I think I wondered this before anyone else brought it up. Or ever saw the matrix movie.
One does wonder how we really got here and is everything really real?

From the article
Link

The essence of Rich’s theory is that a “programmer” from the future designed our reality to simulate the course of what the programmer considers to be ancient history—for whatever reason, maybe because he’s bored.

According to Moore’s Law, which states that computing power doubles roughly every two years, all of this will be theoretically possible in the future. Sooner or later, we’ll get to a place where simulating a few billion people—and making them believe they are sentient beings with the ability to control their own destinies—will be as easy as sending a stranger a picture of your genitals on your phone.

......The essence of Rich’s theory is that a “programmer” from the future designed our reality to simulate the course of what the programmer considers to be ancient history—for whatever reason, maybe because he’s bored.

According to Moore’s Law, which states that computing power doubles roughly every two years, all of this will be theoretically possible in the future. Sooner or later, we’ll get to a place where simulating a few billion people—and making them believe they are sentient beings with the ability to control their own destinies—will be as easy as sending a stranger a picture of your genitals on your phone.

Just think: Whenever you # up there could be the intergalactic version of an overweight 13-year-old Korean boy controlling you and screaming “#!” into an Xbox headset. It sort of takes the edge off things.

It might explain time silos and déjà vu. People who cheat death. All that weird stuff.
edit on 26-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Lol, cheat death?
I call hacks!!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Are we as the program trying to learn about our programmers? Picture how our primitive programs would view us. Would it be as gods or jailers? Perhaps we will only exist like this until someone finds the next step of reality. Then things get reset and they try another program set. Is that why we have out of time artifacts? The reset isn't as clean as it should be and we get leftovers.
Other than that the premise looks like scientific bunk. It's possible to have a nice experiment and not be able to make sense of the result. That is progress dead ends also have tales to tell.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This idea was thrown in my head a year ago and thinking about thinking about it warps my mind.

They have it all wrong....
We might be in an Infinite-dimensional holographic universe, but they make it appear to be 2-D with possibilities of of more.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have tried to explain this theory to 2 of my closest friends who are certified geniuses with off the charts IQ's. They just laugh at me and at the idea.

The scientists will probably find what they are looking for because all matter is made up of atoms with lots of holes in them. In other words, in reality what looks solid isn't but is made up of a lot of empty space. The beam they intend to use on matter will most probably bounce around within the empty space of atoms and so appear to "shimmer" or "shake" or "vibrate". The smaller the beam the more likely it will find its way into atoms and smaller spaces and bounce around before coming out.

Say if we live in a simulation - if the simulator has preprogrammed us to believe in a God - there is tons of proof humans are genetically or rather more accurately neurologically wired/preprogrammed to believe in God - then maybe the simulator also programmed Heaven and Hell for our "souls" to go to rather than another existence on another plane, heh, couldn't that describe heaven and hell. Hmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
HS is for me just a wild speculation with little likehood of being reality.
Instinctively dont believe in such theory.
But what do I know.....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are so surprised, the Holographic Universe theory has been a commonly held opinion in alternative circles for I don't know how long, kind of exciting though, having government scientists coming out talking about it.

You could also say it goes hand in hand with most esoteric traditions, the concept of Maya, the Hermetic axioms etc.

Either way, all is mind does seem to ring true, having seen the supposedly impossible manipulation of the physical world by forces unseen I find it a rather easy idea to embrace.

That theory of Rich's about a future programmer is just unfounded speculation though, why reach for such conclusions when the ancients already called it? This would just be confirmation of that, using new words to describe very old concepts.

edit on 26-8-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If we can only sense a small portion of reality without natural senses, and we can only measure a slightly larger portion of reality with our tools, we might as well consider that we are living in a 'slice' of reality. All that we cannot sense or measure with our tools is the remainder of reality, which is most of it. So in a sense, we are living in only a small 'slice' of reality, like a 'plane' of existence.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

More about it,

The universe is a consciousness hologram. Reality is projected illusion within the hologram. It is a virtual experiment created in linear time to study emotions. Our hologram is composed of grids created by a source consciousness brought into awareness by electromagnetic energy at the physical level. The hologram is created and linked through a web, or grid matrixes based on the patterns of Sacred Geometry. The hologram had a beginning and it has an end, as consciousness evolves in the alchemy of time. As the grids collapse, everything within the hologram will end, helping to understand what is going on in the world today.

Source

That's why when some fears people seem to have en masse, come true. A collective consciousness? It's as if the negative energy forms the fears in reality.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join