It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Foreign Policy Agenda Met with Tepid Applause at American Legion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
President Obama was speaking at an American Legion convention.

He made a few powerful statements and then got a sparse round of "applause".

Notice his eyes, his general demeanor and attitude in the video.

Something's not quit right.

Something seems to be missing.

President Obama received a tepid response from veterans as he voiced his foreign policy ideals during a speech at the American Legion’s 96th national convention in North Carolina.

Staring blankly at his teleprompter, Obama recited his speech, pausing for applause that never came.

Obama's Foreign Policy Agenda Met with Tepid Applause at American Legion

Watch the "EYES"......

This is our President !!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

His eyes?

He knew they're probably not his biggest fans and that they were just being polite.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
People respond to emotion, they want to see a president that is engaged and in control..with a plan.

I don't think he ever appears that way except when in fund raiser mode.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
YEA! BARRY! YEA! YOU ROCK MAN!! GOLFING!! YEAH GOLFING!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think he's been so detached lately because they know something big is coming along and it's just a matter of time. S + F

Just looks like it's "who cares, why worry, let them deal with the consequences not us."

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'll see that golf club and raise you an Uncle Sam.

OP I think it's pretty clear especially to that audience that they know Obama has betrayed most of what they believe in. Surprised he made it out of there without heckling and stuff thrown at him.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The 'commander in golfer'.

I watched that live.

And the guy is DELUSIONAL.

America is no where near what he said it was.

edit on 26-8-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Clearly someone sabotaged the lighted applause signs. The DOJ should be sent in to investigate this travesty immediately.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Obamas Foreign Policy, Let's see, how does that work,,,,,He's not there to answer the phone is he or make decisions.

He only comes back for what best fits in his Hands,,,, his Little Putter!

I have to Hope just maybe they all ask each other at least one question!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Surely there's bigger news in the country than 'Obama is mildly applauded during speech?'

As to his golfing, I was going to ask you all some questions about it to try and show your absurd obsession with it...but go ahead, keep posting the pictures. Because he takes so many day off...such a bad guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Surely there's bigger news in the country than 'Obama is mildly applauded during speech?'

As to his golfing, I was going to ask you all some questions about it to try and show your absurd obsession with it...but go ahead, keep posting the pictures. Because he takes so many day off...such a bad guy.

It seems like the people who disagree do so because they see it as a leader who's detached from current issues, and seems to spend a lot of time on vacation. He's not the first President to take vacations but I think they believe the current state of our country and planet requires attention and a concerted effort.

So I can't blame him because as a leader he's not alone in that aspect. They don't care about us.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Like what?

But the video clearly shows Obama's general weakness and discomfort doesn't it.

Every detail counts with Obama.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I dunno...maybe some real madness?? Mitch McConnel making a concerted effort to shut down the government, promising donors that he would do so? US senator demanding all police wear body cams? Burger King buying Tim Horton's to avoid US taxes? American ISIS militants? The little girl shooting an uzi in Arizona?

Let's focus on the president's lukewarm reception.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I dunno...maybe some real madness?? Mitch McConnel making a concerted effort to shut down the government, promising donors that he would do so? US senator demanding all police wear body cams? Burger King buying Tim Horton's to avoid US taxes? American ISIS militants? The little girl shooting an uzi in Arizona?

Let's focus on the president's lukewarm reception.

Well there you go! All those have been in the news!

Plenty of room for more news of any kind.

I'm sure if we search hard enough, we'll find news about a prize pig spraining it's leg in Heyhira, GA.

News is news. Boring, exciting, troubling, big, or small

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Very interesting.

The stories I'm reading say that our President received cheers in response to his American Legion speech. There seems to be exactly one story about a luke warm response, apparently originated by someone who wasn't there, endlessly repeated on every echo chamber. On the other hand, there seems to be several entirely different stories about the warm, even enthusiastic response, written by correspondents who were actually at the meeting.

Both seem to have an agenda, but I wonder who is telling porkies?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I don't come here for news, I come here for discussion about news.

Is that what everyone else comes here for? Is that why the forums have felt so dismal lately?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I bet tepid sounds like a standing ovation
at this point in his career.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The guy wears a rings that says: "the only god is allah" for crying out loud...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

The guy wears a rings that says: "the only god is allah" for crying out loud...

No he doesn't. Snopes discussion.

No, really. He doesn't. Christian Post's discussion.

Honestly, it just isn't so. About.Com Urban Legends discussion

Truly, I don't really enjoy beating a dead horse, but there is absolutely nothing to the rumor. Digital Journal discussion

I think you should see someone about your diet because you have been swallowing too many pork pies.

edit on 1/9/2014 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join