It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Creating Database to Track "Misinformation" on Twitter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
a reply to: Metallicus

i think not only will they be doing this on Twitter; but they also will be tracking on that database the majority of what is on the internet; and I suspect they already have been for a while.

Of course they have. What this is technically is looking for sources of "social contagion". The thing is that the very nature of the internet is basically global so one is looking at a myriad of sources, both domestic and foreign, to feed the monstrous echo chamber that is the internet.

scholar.google.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

“This service could mitigate the diffusion of ... subversive propaganda, and assist in the preservation of open debate,” the grant said.

Subversive propaganda = ideas contrary to conventional thinking or those in opposition to the state. And, then they go on to say that doing so will preserve open debate? pfff Open debate works by not agreeing with everything you read or hear; it does not work by eliminating competing alternative ideas from the conversation. That's the opposite of open debate.

edit on 26-8-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Yes. Basically this: If you have an opinion or a thought that goes against what the government deems acceptable, you and your content will be logged into a database. This isn't surprising, just scary.

Land of the free, eh?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is why the youngins today like apps such as snapchat. I wonder if we could create an entire site like this.

So for instances where we all tune in and see it happen, we've witnessed history. But if you missed it, there is no record for later perusal.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've been posting a lot more on FB. I've got a glitch now that doesn't type the first letter every third word. It also has taken over the spell check forcing me to press the space key four or five times after entering a word.

FB has no on board spell check and uses the browser. Funny how its only screwed up on Feb.

I'm on many lists and proud of it. Been banned from GLP and ay tee...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join