It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i made a diddley bow/ cigar box guitar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
check it out.
mahogony cigar boox. i cut the neck and headstock out of mahogony. it has a corrion floating bridge and ukulele tuning pegs.
3 strings meant to be played with a slide.

im probably going to put a soap bar pickup in it

i dont know if i uploaded it right but here is a pic. no thumbnail for me but when i click it i can see it

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
looks cool . have you played it yet ? a reply to: CardiffGiant

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
check it out.
mahogony cigar boox. i cut the neck and headstock out of mahogony. it has a corrion floating bridge and ukulele tuning pegs.
3 strings meant to be played with a slide.

im probably going to put a soap bar pickup in it

i dont know if i uploaded it right but here is a pic. no thumbnail for me but when i click it i can see it

Until we see a viD of you playing it, it's art on a wall.

Not meant to be an ass but I truly want to hear it. I'm a musician and I am intrigued. The neck looks longer than most I've seen tho. Artist interpretation or allowances for a bigger range fret board?

Nice work!

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

i dont really play it. call it art if you want. i still think its cool and i made it...

been a guitar player for years. about 18 months ago i was in an accident at work and my hand got pulled into a band saw. i lost my left ring finger and it ripped up my middle and pinky finger. it left me with tons of problems.
i made that so i could try to play but im still having a hard time. i really dont have any strength or motion in my hand. even when i put a slide over my finger there is a lot of pain.
i tried to play it lap style a couple times but it was hurting to i hung it on the wall.

the neck might just look long in the pic. its the right size. i used a dulcimer fretboard as my template

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nice job on the guitar, and kudos on the book collection. But what's up with the guy Fawkes masks that look shopped in?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Nice job on the guitar, and kudos on the book collection. But what's up with the guy Fawkes masks that look shopped in?

theyre hanging on the wal.
my wife and i both had t shirts with the masks and i cut them off and nailed them to the wall.

thanks on the books comment. thats about 1/4 of our collection. we have books all over the house.

edit* thats far less than 1/4 of our books. thats part of a few shelves on one of our several stands. we have 1500 books or so
edit on 26-8-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I once made me a banjo from a bucket and pogo stick. I played the bounce me down the road blues.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

I would give you 20 stars for that if I could. I have looked at that pic 80 times trying to figure out why someone would photoshop the Fawkes masks in lol.

The OP's explanation is greatly appreciated as it was driving me nuts.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Nice job. Very cool.

top topics

join