It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS demands $6.6 million ransom for kidnapped 26-year-old American humanitarian worker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

who in their right mind would go to a hostile zone, where people can't stand your country?

Hmm that sounds familiar, replace country with message and these humanitarians are very Christ like are they not?

Surely they know of the dangers that await them but feel the pain of those suffering in those areas and sacrifice themselves or their safety to try change another s life.

edit on 26-8-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This will probably be more of the same.

"We do not negotiate with terrorists"....

It will go on for a couple of weeks and end in one of a few ways.

They will take of this poor guys head.

US Special Forces will take of some ISIS heads.

Or finally (and least probable) the family of the hostage will pay the ransom and get her home.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

who in their right mind would go to a hostile zone, where people can't stand your country?

Hmm that sounds familiar, replace country with message and these humanitarians are very Christ like are they not?

Surely they know of the dangers that await them but feel the pain of those suffering in those areas and sacrifice themselves or their safety to try change another s life.

I would still not go there. I help where I can, but going there as a westerner...that's suicidal right now.
I can't imagine what her family and friends must be going through.

I actually wonder whether she is still alive.

edit on 26/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I would still not go there. I help where I can, but going there as a westerner...that's suicidal right now.
I can't imagine what her family and friends must be going through.

I actually wonder whether she is still alive.

exactly why I think these people doing this humanitarian work are very Christ like.

To go into a war zone (all war is deception) as a humanitarian is the ultimate sacrifice one can make for their fellow men and women.

The reasons they go there are real, that is to help those in need, the reasons for the war that push many to place themselves in harms way is always a deception, always.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think the travel papers for anyone going from the United States to a middle eastern war zone, that not armed services, should receive a special stamp with a message regarding US policy for hostages.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

These workers understand what they are getting into when they decide to do humanitarian efforts in these war torn areas... The US doesn't, or better yet shouldn't, negotiate with ANY terrorists... If you are captured, I'm sorry you need to try to fight your way out with the idea that they WILL decapitate you, which means fight for your life and force them to kill you with a bullet first... or get away... But giving in to any terrorist demands should never be an acceptable course of action...

I'm sorry for this guy and his family, but you know that there is an inherent risk when going into areas like this..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

You're absolutely right. Paying the ransom will only encourage more kidnappings.

However, rather than paying the ransom, I think the captured neuroscientist ISIS supporter should be offered in exchange for all American hostages.

If ISIS agrees, release the neuroscientist, get the hostages back on home soil, and then bomb those motherf---ers back to the stone age where they belong.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I agree that these humanitarian workers know the risks and if not should be schooled and even if they do should try to be dissuaded.
I do wonder why we made an exception for that bergdahl (sp) guy?

Now we talk of sending the spec ops guys, should we really? Risk the lives of of how many team members plus pilots for 1 person?

I know without a doubt they would go and execute the mission but is that what they are really for? Don't get me wrong it is totally bad ass we have the guys and tech that can and will do it.

I'm guessing or hoping or proposing an outside force, non "US Military" personnel strictly voluntary force that is well compensated that doesnt have to play by the rules of engagement to free her.

And as a secondary tactic grab this new caliphate and start sending him home piece by piece. plus his wives and kids.

ok maybe not his kids.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

The captured are probably already dead, with pre recorded be headings to use as leverage. The thing is they know this tactic wont stop us and ultimately will make us come in harder. It seems to me they are buying time i just dont understand why.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ISIS learned this from the Somali pirates and all the ship owner that paid.

With the US putting drones over Syria i am betting on a major C3 strike to take out the leadership of ISIS and go after hostages.
C3 – Command, Control & Communications

Likely this will be timed with a major attack by the Kurds on ISIS. and large airstrikes.

I see this taking place in the last two weeks of OCT just before the elections to help the democrats running for the senate.
Wag the Dog
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I THINK it won't help them win....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
IS are #ting their pants if they go as low as kidnapping a humanitarian worker.
They were probably hoping for a bigger target/someone more important to behead and a man, not a woman.
I've lived in Arabic countries for 8 years, I know how most of the Arabic men think about women.
They think we exist to serve them....................... what bullsh*t!!!

Alas they need this neuroscientist so much, they won't behead the innocent woman until they get their doctor.

Since when do these scumbags care about anything but their own?
It's as clear as night that they are working on some chemical weapon and need this female scientist to continue studying and help them succeed.

If we want to know what this woman was studying before leaving just do a little research.

She is the third of at least four Americans who were known to be held by ISIS, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. American journalist James Foley was executed by the group in a video that appeared online last week. Another writer, Steven Sotloff, was seen alive but under duress in the same footage.

I'm telling you guys... nothing happens without a reason. They need this female scientist so much,because she can help them.. otherwise they would have either burned or buried her alive for being too smart and helping people.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I believe your right in your presumption/assumption, that they need her for some reason.

Do you remember when the US did that drone strike and said they killed Al-Baghdadi and some of his higher ups, including his press secretary? But then that self same week al-Baghdadi did a speech on video from the masjid, his first public appearance, basically saying we didn't kill him after all?

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) An intelligence source revealed on Tuesday that the leader of the organization of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, survived a drone air strike that had targeted him by the Iraqi-Syrian border in Nineveh Province, according to a high-level team responsible for monitoring the leader’s movements.

The source said that “the leader of ISIL, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was about to be killed by an air strike near the Iraqi- Source: Iraqi News

Well, I wonder if this neuroscientist has something to do with that drone attack, perhaps someone important to their little crew has a brain injury... and they hope to fix whoever it is?

It's a thought. As far as capturing a woman? She has probably been raped more times than one can count, and is probably hoping for death right about now...

Why are they capturing anyone who is American? Well, that's because we proved we will deal with them, when we released those 5 from Gitmo in exchange for that traitor. I said it at the time, by dealing with them for Bergdahl the traitor, they endangered every single American over there - because now we are worth something.

Source on Berghdal
edit on 26-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Pulling on the publics heart strings to justify American boots on the ground in Syria
trickery
Don't feed the trolls

edit on 26-8-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I hope they do not pay the ransom money. I hope instead we start dropping in the SEALS, Rangers, Delta Force, SAS, and every assassin on the CIA's payroll and kill these pieces of crap, and rescue their hostages. You never negotioate with a genuine terrorist organization. You never give into their demands. The only correct way to deal with them is to kill them with extreme prejudice. No prisoners.

I really hope they rescue this young woman. I actually respect her. I can't believe some of the comments demeaning her because she chose to go to a hostile foreign country unarmed. She is there for humanitarian reasons. She went there because she wanted to help people. Because for some people, their conscience, conviction, and compassion for their fellow man if far stronger than the fear for personal safety. Even though their fellow man over there more than likely hates them, they has chosen the high road and decided to help them anyway. Love thy enemies. Bless those who curse you.

Personally, I think she has guts and bravery most people in this country could never develop. It's really not that scary going into a hostile country armed to the teeth and backed by legions of your brethren, and bomb it back into the stone age. And I say this as ex-army. But to go into a violent, war torn country armed with only your beliefs, with little to no protection from enemies for the purpose to provide some sort of relief to all the innocents caught in the cross fire. That takes a pair of balls Chuck Norris would envy.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I agree with you very much... but I for one would never do it, without being armed to the teeth. Your a sitting duck over there, especially as a woman.

I would have at least one bullet saved for myself if need be, they wouldn't be taking me alive.

I cannot imagine, and I couldn't bear what I know she has born...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is a link that talks about the female prisoner that IS wants released and a short clip from it about info she had when she was caught.

According to court documents, "Officers searched her handbag and found numerous documents describing the creation of explosives, chemical weapons, and other weapons involving biological material and radiological agents."

www.connectamarillo.com...

I wasn't aware that she is in a Texas prison.

She was sentenced to 86 years in jail and is currently being held at the Federal Medical Centre in Carswell, Texas, which houses female prisoners with mental health issues. Prisoner number 90279-054 is not due for release until 2083.

This is in Ft. Worth, North Central Texas. Makes the worry about access over the southern border a little more real.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What an interesting figure to request. Someone sure likes to use that figure a lot.... someone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join