It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Government: James Foley Killed A Year Ago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: flice
Okay... the other guy I was thinking of is Steven Scotloff. The guy who was held with Foley and is still in captivity.

So they released the last letter he sent. When did he send it I wonder. I didn't see if it said.
edit on 28-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: real_one

During the height (well.. yeah you know kinda height) of the tensions in Syria when everyone was wondering what would spark it of, all of a sudden this missile was launched from the sea and Russia I believe cauaght it on radar and no one knew who it was or where it came from. It appeared like a provocation like maybe to get them to fire back.

I found a link I BELIEVE relates to it. I think it was the one that Israel got mad that the US outed them on.

link

edit: damn touch screen anything.

I remember now, thanks for the link.

Now that you mention it I also recall contemplating the same kind of scenario. In my opinion this theory you presented about Israel trying to provoke Syria is highly plausible.

Even in today's news:

Syrian rebels, including fighters from an al-Qaida-linked group, seized control of a frontier crossing with Israel in the Golan Heights on Wednesday after heavy clashes with President Bashar Assad's forces, activists and rebels said.

Israel says it holds the Syrian government responsible for any violence that emanates from its territory.

bigstory.ap.org...

So Israel is making threats again...always looking for a reason to join the fun.

I believe Israel to have their hand so deep in the ISIS cookie jar but I just can't prove it regardless of evidence that indicates this to be true. The evidence is indirect and speculative but there is so much that it can't be ignored.

The whole region is a damned puppet show.

Yes sir. They will definitely be hitting on Syria soon. Things will heat up real quick. I mean i don't give too much of a damn about the rebels or the Israelis, but didn't Israel take the Golan Heights illegally? Maybe the rebels are just getting it back and have no intention of war

Anyway, yeah, we know Israel and the US were training the rebels in syria when they were just the rebels, now they are all kinds things FSA,ISIS,AL NUSTRA and our people trying to convince us only the "good ones" got the weapons. We created ISIS with a power vacuum and a #ton of free guns.

It's going to get interesting.

If Israel starts hitting Syria though, I personally believe in some bizarre way they will get their shot at Iran. They've been waiting too damn long.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

I was just about to say the same thing. Screaming "FAKE" because of a different response than to what people are used to is a bit silly. People grieve in different ways. Just because you don't cry at a funeral doesn't mean the person didn't actually die (happened to me a lot), especially if the person died in such a disastrous way sometimes the shock lasts a while and you go through the denial stage etc. which makes it normal not having an "appropriate" reaction. Just look at people with Autism who react completely differently to some things than people without Autism would. There is no reaction model when it comes to humans.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

You doubt they were in shock? Their relative just got beheaded on a video. If that wouldn't cause a shock I don't know what would.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The US govt. is obviously in a hurry to implement whatever devious plan they have hatched for the worlds future. It is well known now by millions of people that our govt played a key role in the 9/11 bombings,both to destroy evidence of the trillions looted by the people in power and to erode our constitutional rights in a bid to take over through media manipulation and false flag attacks.
9/11 was the the first volley and it worked better than anyone could hope,THE PEOPLE WANTED REVENGE!
Now, even though the events are far less complicated the people planning these false flag attacks like the Boston bombing and the sandy hook shootings, or even the latest beheading crap, can't seem to get it right.If the boston bombing and the Sandy hook school shootings were tried in a court of law with all of the evidence submitted showing each incident to be a fraud,it would be a slam dunk against the govt.Everything we see in the mainstream media is either false or the story is skewed to fit a narrative.And the things they censor from us like black on white hate crime,or the many laws our president breaks,or the fact that he sent 3 white house reps. to that thug mike browns funeral in Missouri but sent 0 to the major generals funeral who was recently killed in combat,says just as much.
I admit the govt. has successfully dumbed down most of society to the point where many believe what they're told and don't question it,but there are a lot of very smart people left in this country who don't buy the dis-info, and when something isn't quite right,they know where to look and how to verify the claims put forth. Both fictional and nonfictional detectives like Sherlock Holmes or Pinkerton have been enamored and have gained worldwide notoriety and respect from the public for their ability to solve a crime and find the holes in a someone`s story. The same diligence and impressive intelligence has been shown by many on the web who have completely tore apart the fiction put forth recently by our govt. in their attempt to sway public opinion through false flag incidents.So when the media and the govt. use the word conspiracy theorist in the same sentence as irresponsible and tin foil hat, that means they`re worried and are using an old trick to try and make these people feel like social outcasts in order to discourage anyone else from looking into things and to diminish the testimony given by this "nut job."

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cayla19

You doubt they were in shock? Their relative just got beheaded on a video. If that wouldn't cause a shock I don't know what would.

Shock?
No, grief stricken? yes!
Regardless, their actions in the interview, their reactions to things happening on set, their composed smiling nature is very suspicious.
add to the fact that the video is staged and some very unusual statements are being made about the validity of it, about the timing of etc just adds a whole lot more suspicion to the entire event.

where there is smoke, there is fire.. and this son of a gun is burning like a mofo!
edit on am506318282014-08-28T05:06:52-05:00052014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Our current hierarchal govt is responsible for the media fuss and created this story. IS may have only released it now trying to get the US Citizens to help stop the US Bombings or the US is using it to justify the bombing. at any rate every Hierarchal govt IS included is about controlling the masses and making money off of those masses.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
OK EVERYONE STOP.... JUST STOP.

Foley was seen alive as late as mid june.

The person who saw him was a Danish freelance photographer who was taken hostage a year ago and was held at the same place as Foley. They talked and became acquainted.

The last message Foley send to his parents was given to them VERBALLY by this Danish photographer after he was released, because for some reason Foley wasn't allowed to write like the others (this was told by the Danish guy).
So the Danish photographer promised to memorize the message and deliver it if he was freed.

Foleys mother travelled to Denmark in June to receive the message face to face from the Danish guy.

So if anything, Foley is still alive.... and NO, he did NOT die a year ago.

I think a 1st hand encounter weighs A LOT more than speculations from some official who doesn't know jack #.
It doesn't matter what news paper relayed this theory, that does not make the theory true by any means.

And weighed against the words of a normal guy (Daniel Rye Ottosen) I think this theory is shut down. Stop chasing "other sides of the coin" when there is no other side... that's just plain stupid and nothing but pointless speculation.

I REPEAT: Foley was seen alive as late as June 2014....

Now go talk about him being alive still instead.
edit on 28/8/14 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

How do you know they are not in shock? are you the human reactions and behaviour expert? Explain for certain how they are not in shock? The staging has still not been confirmed there are just a lot of speculations.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

He must be lying because the Syrian Government said he was killed a year ago for sure and we know that the Syrian Government is as truthful as they come

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cayla19

are you the human reactions and behavior expert

are you? I hate people who straight away ask people if they are an expert, when they are giving their opinion. Its a simpletons response.

why do I think they are not in shock? because they dont look like it. they dont act like it.

googling the common symptoms of shock there's quite a few sights that regard the below:

Racing pulse
Weak pulse
Low blood pressure
Faintness
Dizziness
Nausea
Clammy skin
Rapid breathing (Shallow)
Blue lips
Unable to form words
Confusion
Disorientation
Feeling distracted

The two people in that interview, dont look like they are experiencing anything.
They have quick reactions, they seem upbeat and happy. they are not confused, they are not anxious.
If someone has died, you normally have red eyes and puffy eyes because of the tears you have had and lack of sleep.
Your a blubbering mess, struggling to control your emotions when your talking of past memories.
Smiling, laughing? yer, No!
looking so fresh and active and upbeat?, yeah I dunno about that.

So please, considering I'm not an expert like you, explain to me how their smiling faces, composed responses to answers and lack of exhaustion represents the shock and trauma of losing a family member.

edit on am533318282014-08-28T05:33:57-05:00052014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on am538318282014-08-28T05:38:38-05:00052014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

When my Brother died it took me about a month before I cried.
I even joked about how heavy his coffin was while carrying it.
People grieve in different ways I just did a course on it for work everyone is different and just because they have hidden their feeling well on TV doesn't mean it is all faked.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

fair enough and you are right, people do act very different in response to such trauma. sorry to hear about your brother too!

In saying that, its not just these two in the interview that is unusual. Its the video itself, the picture falling off the wall, the smiles the reactions! Its the contradicting reports about letters, timings, who did it and when it happened. Its the parents interviews and their unusual behavior and lack of tears with exaggerated emotion. Its not uncommon for an event to have one aspect looking suspicious, but when all aspects of this event are suspicious in their own ways, it makes their interview stand out even more.

The way the media has run with this, the threats from legal entities, the seemingly feverish acceptance of this staged video - there's a hell of a lot going on trying to make us as outraged as possible over this film.

Couple that with the recent reports of planned attacks against Syria now, talks of SAS and elite army groups going into battle against ISIS, we're being conditioned. When you think about it like that it makes sense that all of this is a con job to make us support the response.

I've never said this before in my 10yrs on ATS, but the responses of some people in regards to this event on this site has for the first time made me believe there really are people on this site being paid to stoke the fear of Islam!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I am not but I do study Forensics and Crime and Policing which included Forensic Psychology and we are taught how to deal with grieving families and how there are many different reactions. But when you upright say that they are not in shock I wonder how you know this as you cannot be that certain if you just google it. My professor told me about a family who's daughter was raped and killed, he was the senior CSI on the case said the woman smiled and invited them for coffee there were no tears nothing its like nothing happened. He said she was the same during the whole trial and everything. Didn't mean her daughter didn't die she just reacted differently to what society deems appropriate.

I can't give you specific points which prove yes they are grieving or no they are not as there is no such thing. There is no model for human behaviour. You have theories you have some points but then a person will come in who will debunk that as they will behave completely differently. I studies serial killers and paedophiles all year round and you cannot find a pattern even between such groups where you would expect to see similarities but you just can't, that's why humans are just so weird and wonderful.

You described a physical shock. I was talking about a so called mental shock.

When my great grandmother died a few years back I did not shed a tear, I was laughing acted like nothing happened, mind you this woman brought me up helped us 24/7 and I loved her to bits I was with her all the time, did not have puffy eyes, I was completely ok with talking to people about her and smiling laughing, people gave me dirty looks because I did not look like I was grieving at all it was as if I was fine with it. Only a year or two after, I saw her on one of the old family videos and started shaking and crying and I cried for days just like that.

So yeah not everyone reacts your "typical" way.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Cayla19 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2014 by Cayla19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I wish I got paid
I'm not against Islam I am only against extremists in any religion or culture. And right now Radical Islam is whether you like it or not a threat. Probably not on as high a scale as they portraying it to be but it is. It is even little things like creating neighbourhoods where you are not allowed to go in unless you are Muslim or they want to enforce Shari'ah in their communities even in Western countries examples being Belgium, France and even some parts of Britain. And then you have the larger scale where they are having mass executions of christians or anyone who is against them, or stating they want to wipe certain countries off the map. We shouldn't be scared but we should be weary and careful.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I will be the first to admit that I'm no fan of Infowars or anything associated with Alex Jones but I will not dismiss a good article simply due to the source. I judge the content, not the source and I hope you will all do the same. I must also add that I do not take the word of the Syrian government too seriously so please take these claims with a grain of salt.

Star and flag for the post but err. Advising people to go with a story regardless of its source, is just plain stupid mate. You should definitely be judging reports by their source, its the most important part of any report.
edit on 28-8-2014 by D0M1N0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yet another of these threads where all those sat at home on their fat behinds are experts on human behaviour. Where their own fat behind analysis of video footage is the "only truth".

I find these thoroughly immoral. There are people out there, grieveing family members who you fat behinders are calling liars. Disgusting.

Why are you doing this ? Because you have an almost pathological desire to label everything a mass western conspiracy you are incapable of saying, or writing : "OK I got that wrong".

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Aha I did, I was just trolling to see if you would bite.

Na even if the Syrian government came forward actually saying this it's only because they don't want the west taking full action on ISIS in their backyard, witnessing how savage it is in Syria and inturn take action on them with the already deployed troops/drones.

I mean if they are already in the country why not just carry on and help the other people being oppressed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I think I love you right now
I have been trying to say that all along. It's obviously a little flawed (this whole idea that because their reactions are different it is fake) when we already have two people here who have reacted similarly towards losing a relative or a loved one as the people in the interview. It does not prove his death fake.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't trust the Syrian government, but it seems plausible that Foley was killed earlier and the video released when it best suited ISIS. I'm not going to watch a horrific death to see if it might be fake, though. a reply to: real_one

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join