It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Government: James Foley Killed A Year Ago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: real_one

During the height (well.. yeah you know kinda height) of the tensions in Syria when everyone was wondering what would spark it of, all of a sudden this missile was launched from the sea and Russia I believe cauaght it on radar and no one knew who it was or where it came from. It appeared like a provocation like maybe to get them to fire back.

I found a link I BELIEVE relates to it. I think it was the one that Israel got mad that the US outed them on.

link

edit: damn touch screen anything.

I remember now, thanks for the link.

Now that you mention it I also recall contemplating the same kind of scenario. In my opinion this theory you presented about Israel trying to provoke Syria is highly plausible.

Even in today's news:

Syrian rebels, including fighters from an al-Qaida-linked group, seized control of a frontier crossing with Israel in the Golan Heights on Wednesday after heavy clashes with President Bashar Assad's forces, activists and rebels said.

Israel says it holds the Syrian government responsible for any violence that emanates from its territory.

bigstory.ap.org...

So Israel is making threats again...always looking for a reason to join the fun.

I believe Israel to have their hand so deep in the ISIS cookie jar but I just can't prove it regardless of evidence that indicates this to be true. The evidence is indirect and speculative but there is so much that it can't be ignored.

The whole region is a damned puppet show.

I'm going to arbitrarily blame this whole thing on Afghanistan. That's pretty close to your logic. Way to go. Anytime we don't have an answer and need to blame someone for something bad, there's always evil Israel.

ETA: They are definitely no angel. But you see so many posts like this on ATS that one just builds on the narrative of another until it's accepted fact. Just saying there is so much indirect evidence doesn't make it true that there is so much indirect evidence.
edit on 27-8-2014 by hoth12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hoth12

I'm going to arbitrarily blame this whole thing on Afghanistan. That's pretty close to your logic. Way to go. Anytime we don't have an answer and need to blame someone for something bad, there's always evil Israel.

Please read the exchanges between Vic and I.

We have at least provided reasoning for our speculation with incidents to back it up. We are not portraying any theories as fact but you cannot ignore certain things which is why we question them.

Do you believe everything to be "coincidence?"

(post by DrakeINFERNO removed for a manners violation)
(post by DrakeINFERNO removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ISIS is Obama's baby....and it's no secret outside the US, where Obama's paid supporters continue to push Obama's propaganda. ISIS is only attacking Syria and Iraq, the two countries Obama wants destabilized....maybe he's trying to keep China out of these oil reserves, maybe he's aiding the rise of an Islamic State, or maybe he's just plain incompetent and arrogant. Crazy arrogant.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I dunno but I do believe that some things we see on the news or read about did happen a while back but the info is witheld until such a time it is convenient to release it.

I think ISIS running rampant in Iraq and Syria could have caused the US to release this footage now rather than a year ago when ISIS weren't in the Headlines. It's a possibility.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

"Syrian Government: James Foley Killed A Year Ago"

I was wondering where Saddam Hussein's chief propagandist went to work after Iraq! He is great...I remember him explaining to the press how they were winning the war and Bagdad was secure as bombs were rattling the building.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Im sorry but is there any proof/evidence of this infowars claim!
What exactly is this thread concluding? is it verified?

Frankly im getting tired of reading through every ATS thread. most comments are worthless, as are most threads! so please summarize!

thank you

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Im sorry but is there any proof/evidence of this infowars claim!
What exactly is this thread concluding? is it verified?

Frankly im getting tired of reading through every ATS thread. most comments are worthless, as are most threads! so please summarize!

thank you

Well nothing has been "concluded", just a few ideas have been shared in regards to the the OP article and other events in the region. As for verification that is beyond my my scope of support as I'm not in Iraq or Syria so I apologize that I can't prove or disprove any of the claims made in the OP. Most of the people in this thread have been quite clear in pointing out that their theories are not to be interpreted as fact.

I did advise it to take it with a "grain of salt" in case you missed that part.

If you think most threads and comments are worthless perhaps this is not the site for you? As for a summary, I suggest you read the OP then read the following comments.

You're welcome!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well nothing has been "concluded", just a few ideas have been shared in regards to the the OP article and other events in the region. As for verification that is beyond my my scope of support as I'm not in Iraq or Syria so I apologize that I can't prove or disprove any of the claims made in the OP. Most of the people in this thread have been quite clear in pointing out that their theories are not to be interpreted as fact.

Thanks for that... so i understand that it is all just rumors.... (title is kinda misleading).

If you think most threads and comments are worthless perhaps this is not the site for you? As for a summary, I suggest you read the OP then read the following comments.

I dont think... i happen to know... i still come here for the rare but beautiful threads that actually teach something.
obviously this is not one of them!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
lol @ infowars.. yes title is a bit misleading, considering the source is Infowars lol! Wasn't using Infowars as sole source banned on ATS??

Can we let the poor guy RIP! So you guys believe infowars over an EYE Witness? lol...what's this world coming too lol!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: live2beknown

Actually the story goes back to the Daily Mail, just so you know..

Doesn't make it any more valid though, as it comes from the Syrian government.

Obviously, going by the flags this thread has, the Syrian government is a trusted source of information here!

Pretty hilarious really, many would disbelieve the US government if they said the sky was blue, but Syrian government? All good, they're the beacons of righteousness and truth!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

James Foley Siblings Speak Volumes!

The Brother and Sister of supposed beheaded man James Foley show their happiness and delight. Where do they get these people from?
Who said Comedy Shows weren't as funny as they used to be?

Yeah, I saw a clip of his brother in an interview and it just did not seem right. It was not the voice and face of a man whose sibling had been beheaded on video by sand people.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

ha true say brotha! but truth is, i didn't even read it once I saw "infowars" then saw "infowars" as sole source lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

if you believe Americans had been duped, just think of how Foley's family will feel if this is true. They are already grieving, so how about kicking sand in their faces by revealing that he had been dead for over a year?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk
I agree, I wouldn't believe anything Syria said, they also have an anti American agenda. I hope the CIA is happy with the mess they have created in the ME. People have blamed Bush for the destabilization plan, that's fine, but Obama has had 6 years to change that plan and all I have seen is an escalation.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

We do not need to believe anything, LOOK AT THE FAMILY, they can barely contain the fact that they know a totally different story than they are being asked to talk about.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: live2beknown

Pretty hilarious really, many would disbelieve the US government if they said the sky was blue, but Syrian government? All good, they're the beacons of righteousness and truth!

Yes because NO ONE on these boards agrees with everything that the USA government do.
There are plenty of government flag wavers on here and plenty of opponents to them,
the way it should be.

I don't see how the Syrian government are any less or more trustworthy than the US government at this point.
Western interests want Assad out for there own gains, pretty obvious.

Remember that untrustworthy old soul Saddam Hussein? He always claimed Iraq had no WMD's,
he was right so even liars tell the truth.

All you are doing is attacking the source, it's your choice to do so, it is still just an Ad Hominem attack.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"The claim contradicts the narrative that Foley’s family received a letter on August 12 from ISIS militants threatening to execute the journalist if Barack Obama gave the green light for air strikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq."

Surely jihadists are smarter than that? What the hell is Foley's family going to do about Obama's violent policy? They must know by now that "America does not negotiate with terrorists", for good or ill? This whole thing is as strange as it is troubling.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

not sure why I hadnt considered that angle yet
but sure he might have died a year ago
its not the first time they faked a death date and wont be the last
could be another one coming up any day

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join