It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Government: James Foley Killed A Year Ago

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+86 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Fresh doubt has been thrown on the narrative behind the James Foley beheading video after a Syrian government spokesperson claimed that the American journalist was killed by ISIS militants a year ago.

Following the release of a video last week which purported to show the murder of Foley, top forensic experts concluded that the footage was staged using “camera trickery and slick post-production techniques,” concurring with Infowars’ analysis that the video was highly dubious given that it was immediately used as justification for military strikes on Syria.

Official Syrian government spokesperson Bouthaina Shaaban has now complicated matters further by asserting that Foley was in fact murdered by Islamic State militants a year ago.

“James Foley was first arrested by the Free Syrian Army and he was sold to ISIS [an earlier name for the IS]. You can check with the UN…James Foley was killed a year ago, not now, they only released the pictures now, but he was killed a year ago. We have definite information, the UN has the information,” said Shaaban.

The claim contradicts the narrative that Foley’s family received a letter on August 12 from ISIS militants threatening to execute the journalist if Barack Obama gave the green light for air strikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq.

www.infowars.com...

I will be the first to admit that I'm no fan of Infowars or anything associated with Alex Jones but I will not dismiss a good article simply due to the source. I judge the content, not the source and I hope you will all do the same. I must also add that I do not take the word of the Syrian government too seriously so please take these claims with a grain of salt.

These allegations add more fuel to the conspiracy aspect in regards to Foley's death.

It's no secret that many people believe the video to be a fake:

US forensic Experts say that movie (foley beheading) was staged.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With the possibility of the video being fake and these new allegations that he has been dead for a year definitely causes me to question certain aspects of this story and also makes me question certain motives of the parties involved.

Many people automatically dismiss the possibility that ISIS may be something other than what we are being told without actually looking into obvious problems with the scenario. There are too many convenient coincidences for me to believe that ISIS is what the media is portraying it to be.

We all know that we wanted Syria a while back but the WMD hoax did not work for the Western war-hawks so it looks like they are resorting to plan B, by this time it's probably plan C or D even!

Could this video be a hoax to justify action against Syria under the disguise of "humanitarian aid"? Don't get me wrong, what ISIS is doing is disgusting and they must be stopped but I'm not going to ignore other evidence that contradicts the official narrative of what's unfolding in Iraq and Syria.

If he was in fact dead a year ago, I do believe this video to be agenda driven by the people behind the curtains that are responsible for most of the unrest in the Middle East over the last 70 years and maybe longer.

There are many reasons why the US and its allies would want to go into Syria and Iraq as previously mentioned so this all seems a little too convenient if you ask me, very suspicious as well.

This cluster # is getting more and more confusing and at this time I have many theories but none that I can commit to. All I know is that we are all being played and being used as pawns, sadly many people are unaware of this fact.

Stay vigilant my friends.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That is low, really low. It's obvious we are all being played, and their strategies are simply despicable and disgusting. They want to discourage citizens from joining the jihadis by really ramping up stories until no one at all believes them.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It probably was done a year ago. Our government probably knows that but won't contest the video's release because it helps get public opinion against ISIS. They want to justify our involvement in bombing these people.

That practice is not new or rare, it is part of our regular propaganda in this country. I suppose it is sort of necessary, ISIS is killing a bunch of innocent people over there, targeting certain groups. Genocide is not a good thing.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

It's part of the chess game. It is Assad linking the FSA who the US supported to ISIS who we are bombing. I don't know about Foley (except the video is fishy), but Assad isn't wrong that we supported ISIS with weapons and they are intermingled with the FSA we support openly.

The US REAAAALLLYY wants to get into Syria and since the people opposed it so vehemently they are trying again with ISIS and this Foley event.
edit on 26-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Wish I had time to do a bit of searching, but got to run for a while, but, didn't his 'beheader' only join IS last year as well? Would be interesting to know when he actually joined, and when they claim Foley was killed, as they are both together in the video, if it's not faked.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Other known facts are at odds with the claim, including the testimony of Daniel Rye Ottosen, who was released in June and spent 13 months in captivity with Foley. Additionally, French hostage Nicolas Henin, who was taken hostage in Syria in June 2013, said he spent seven months with Foley, while Foley's family received emails up until last December suggesting their son was alive.
Link

So, we have eye witnesses stating to have seen Foley alive in the last year, and emails sent to the family on top of the eye witnesses...

Yet... we say we would rather not believe the eye witness testimony? This seems like vehement denial of facts to me, rather than conspiracy anything.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Game of chess indeed...

I find it rather difficult to believe that some people are still saying that we had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with to do with the actions that brought ISIS to its current stage.

Even the most die-hard skeptic should be able to at least admit that they have weaponry which we supplied to the FSA which many of their fighters ended up going to ISIS...part of me believes this was part of their "back up plan" but I cannot prove my speculations.

I'm one of the believers that ISIS is a USA/Israeli creation with the help of other nations such much of the EU and some Arab nations with the intent to cause unrest in the region for strategical purposes and forward the anti-Islam agenda.

Honestly I can't blame any country as the people behind this are located all over the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

So, we have eye witnesses stating to have seen Foley alive in the last year, and emails sent to the family on top of the eye witnesses...

Yet... we say we would rather not believe the eye witness testimony? This seems like vehement denial of facts to me, rather than conspiracy anything.

I thank you for the insight but how can you call it a denial of facts when we cannot prove this eye witness testimony? Unless you yourself can physically prove to me that this testimony is credible.

I am not completely discrediting the eye witness testimony but some of it doesn't make sense to me, they have us running in circles trying to figure this thing out.

There are not many cold hard facts to go on at this time.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So you are saying the other captives are lying, also the parents receiving emails are also liars. I would take their testimony over the Syrian governments any day + the fact the only site running this story is infowars. I too wouldn't judge a story based solely on the source but when it is only them, a couple red flags run up the pole.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparta

So you are saying the other captives are lying, also the parents receiving emails are also liars.

No, I'm not saying that. I mentioned either possibility could be true.

The e-mails and letters could be fakes, could be real too...same with the eye witness testimony. Please reread my OP and my posts as I clearly explained that anything could be true and that I made sure to advise everyone to take the word of the Syrian government, and Infowars with a grain of salt.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If I was a hostage, and wanted to contact my family - this is exactly how I would do it. Also, in emails, the family was allowed "proof of life" questions...Questions only Foley would know the answer to, all proof of life questions were answered accurately, according to the family.

www.latintimes.com...
edit on 26-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Since the U.S. claims to have attempted to rescue him earlier this summer,
someone is lying.
Lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Thank you for the link.

What you provided certainly does make the Syrian claims less believable but if this thing is as complicated as many believe it to be, it is very possible that all this "proof of life" information was extracted a long time ago and used much later after his death.

I'm not claiming this to be fact, just looking at the other side of the coin.

All I'm looking for is some answers and the more I dig the more I feel like I know less than I thought. I'm not portraying the Infowars article to be "the word of god written in stone" but the article and many other events over the last couple years certainly leave me scratching my head. Too many inconsistencies and contradictions from all sides.

Chances are that they are all in on it together.
(That's if anything is actually going on of course)
edit on 26-8-2014 by real_one because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Since the U.S. claims to have attempted to rescue him earlier this summer,
someone is lying.
Lol.

LOL

I have a feeling that more than just one person is lying.

They're all pathological liars...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

James Foley Siblings Speak Volumes!

The Brother and Sister of supposed beheaded man James Foley show their happiness and delight. Where do they get these people from?
Who said Comedy Shows weren't as funny as they used to be?

edit on 26-8-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Really, sold by the Free Syrian Army?

Those are the same guys asking for help now that they're surrounded by Assad and his dog, Isis, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

James Foley Siblings Speak Volumes!

The Brother and Sister of supposed beheaded man James Foley show their happiness and delight. Where do they get these people from?
Who said Comedy Shows weren't as funny as they used to be?

HOLY CRAP !! Was this interview AFTER the beheading ? Any family member in their right mind would be totaly grief stricken. They would have told any news station to PI55 off if they wanted an interview. Losing him would have been bad enough, but to lose a loved one in such an horrific manner would have messed them up real bad.
Other such disastrous events have seen similar instances eg, SANDY HOOK. Parents of gunned downed children giving interviews to the press just days after, and they were all smiles and happiness. This just stinks to high heaven.
There's something DEEPLY insidious going on, and i suspect it's even far darker than anyone can imagine at this time.
edit on 26-8-2014 by sayzaar because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

I love when people think everything is fake because they are not responding "appropriately." He has been gone for 2 years and people are able to not be blubbering messes 24/7.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
a reply to: sayzaar

I love when people think everything is fake because they are not responding "appropriately." He has been gone for 2 years and people are able to not be blubbering messes 24/7.

Pathetic response. He may have been gone some time but they would always have had HOPE that he would return alive. That hope DIED when he did. I knew my mother was dying but when she finally went i was devastated nonetheless.
If you think you would be all smiles if a relative had been held hostage and finally murdered, and perfectly ok to chat and smile about it on tv, then i feel truly sorry for you, as i think you may have some kind of sociopathic disorder. Or just plain callous and cold.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
Really, sold by the Free Syrian Army?

Those are the same guys asking for help now that they're surrounded by Assad and his dog, Isis, right?

There's no such thing as the Free Syrian Army... They are international terrorists just like the rest of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join