It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa kansas, Police Shoot Unarmed Teen 16 Times While Family Begs Them Not To

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
It is often associated, as in murder/suicide.

yep just like peas and carrots...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Makes no difference.
The police are trained to do what they did. Some of the training makes sense, some of it is stupid. That is where the problem lies.
This kid had a death wish. He got his wish.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Makes no difference.
The police are trained to do what they did. Some of the training makes sense, some of it is stupid. That is where the problem lies.

well you are right about one thing...our society is sick...the fact that you can be so indifferent shows how rampant that sickness is....its not your problem until it affects you personally ....that's pretty much it and that is how the majority see it....so do not take that the wrong way you are just part of the "norm" and good for you...

the fact is that for kids to feel this way in the first place shows a serious disconnect in the world we are creating

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
I got into a fight drinking one night about seven years ago and when I was getting arrested I was fully restrained and cuffed and a cop out a gun against the back of my head and told me that if I moved he was going to kill me so I better just shut up and stop moving.

There's your perspective.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Makes no difference.

well you are right about one thing...our society is sick...the fact that you can be so indifferent shows how rampant that sickness is....its not your problem until it affects you personally ....that's pretty much it and that is how the majority see it....so do not take that the wrong way you are just part of the "norm" and good for you...

the fact is that for kids to feel this way in the first place shows a serious disconnect in the world we are creating

You are slightly off base.
Some things don't make a difference.
I feel bad for his family and their loss of a loved one. I am sure they feel some guilt in this too. They knew that he was suicidal and didn't insure that he was safe under a doctor's care. They could have had him involuntarily committed to a treatment facility that may have been able to prevent his suicide.
He committed suicide, and he did it via cop. Do you have any sympathy for the cops that have to live with the fact that they killed a young man because they were following their training?
Just because I don't require counseling when someone that I don't know passes away doesn't mean that I am emotionally broken.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Makes no difference.

You are slightly off base.
Some things don't make a difference.
I feel bad for his family and their loss of a loved one. I am sure they feel some guilt in this too. They knew that he was suicidal and didn't insure that he was safe under a doctor's care. They could have had him involuntarily committed to a treatment facility that may have been able to prevent his suicide.
He committed suicide, and he did it via cop. Do you have any sympathy for the cops that have to live with the fact that they killed a young man because they were following their training?
Just because I don't require counseling when someone that I don't know passes away doesn't mean that I am emotionally broken.

i get what are saying.....but i do not agree...have you ever been in the situation where you have had to render a family member into the "system".??....cops have a tough job...in the same token they should be trained to deal with the mentally ill...and not just categorize them in the criminal sense...

this is a very fine line being stepped on here...

the mother of my son has mental problems...she has a great way of hiding these issues......she had me charged for assault....the cops did not question it....so i lost my boy.....18 months later she loses him into the system for abusing him ...so the cat is out of the bag.....my son was in foster care for 8 months until the the department decided he was better of in my care....( i am the first father to get a child out of the system in 20 years)...i had to leave my life move 800 kms away to go through a process of hell

i got 2 hour visits every fortnight for the first 6 months....i was humiliated,drug tested ...even when it looked like i had a chance to get him they scrutinized me...

lucky for me i have life skills,i was able to secure a home...(in exchange for hard labor )and provide a secure home for my 4 year old boy and the system has released him to me...still under scrutiny ...never the less he is home with dad

point is the system is broken and has been for a long time...the hoops i jumped through to get to where i am are purposeful ......

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join