It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa kansas, Police Shoot Unarmed Teen 16 Times While Family Begs Them Not To

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I understand what you are saying but there seems to be a trend now that the police are shooting first and asking questions later. I've been around for many years and have never seen the amount of shooting by police on citizens as I have in the last few years.
At one time this man would have either been tazed, shot in the leg, or as I posted above attempted to talk him out of his suicidal mission.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The police chief nailed it, they acted as trained. Just shoot the person.
edit on 8/26/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Why do we give them none lethal weapons again? They never seem to use them anymore.

If they bagged him and got him down why wasn't he rushed by them to be restrained? He had time to get back up, that would leave his hands away from weapon depending on how he got back up.

Well how things have been going with the police I guess he figured he had a really good chance doing what he set out to do in the first place.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm so tired of this.

Do LEO not realize that people will stop calling the police? If no one calls the LEO then they will have no jobs.

People need to learn how to have a discussion where they don't agree without getting violent. Anger doesn't have to get negative. A person is entitled to their feelings, they are not entitled to hurt others.

Maybe we need community mediators. Just get ride of LEO all together.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Ok I fixed it. It was the 16 pops I put in there lol

sry all

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Every damn day now!

The police seem to be waging a war on civilians and people are unaware.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: xuenchen
Alarming.

I wonder why there's nothing on the news ?

Where's Jesse Jackson?

Counting his millions and thinking how to exploit the ferguson shooting for more personal gain

Damn I hate that bloke

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
she said he may have a BB gun...lol, armed and dangerous and deserving 16 shots over, with what kind of gun?

Love gun?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

The crazy thing is that it was allegedly the same officers that took him to the hospital for attempted suicide the day before. So they knew he may try to get them to suicide him. Cops today are a solid mix of scumbags and cowards.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Every damn day now!

Yes every single day. If it is not a person, it is someones dog..

Firing your gun should be an absolute last resort, and wow shot 16 times. They shoot to kill.
edit on 26-8-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The crazy thing is that it was allegedly the same officers that took him to the hospital for attempted suicide the day before. So they knew he may try to get them to suicide him. Cops today are a solid mix of scumbags and cowards.

Hmmmm.
Just a thought, but maybe he made the decision to commit suicide by cop.
Yes, he did.
Why is anyone, including the police officers involved, responsible for his decision? If he made the wrong decision, that is his problem(was).

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes
Well now, let see if Obama,Holder, Jessie and Spike show up for this young mans funeral. Sorry I just had to voice this. This should be all over the news as the Brown shooting was.

No, a white teen shot to death by police is nowhere near as tragic as a black teen being shot to death by police. To suggest such is racist and you should be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Hmmmm.
Yes, he did.
Why is anyone, including the police officers involved, responsible for his decision? If he made the wrong decision, that is his problem(was).

If you already know he is suicidal then you should have the utmost restraint. You are not there to help him on his way.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

This is sickening, a friggin zombie wouldn't need shot 16 times.

I worry for you guys in America and I implore you all to not call the police even for something that might seem benign because there a high chance they will kill you or your family or even your pet, heck they will shoot anything that moves. Don't call the police folks.....it's a death sentence these days.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Hmmmm.
Yes, he did.

If you already know he is suicidal then you should have the utmost restraint. You are not there to help him on his way.

Show restraint if he presents a danger to you?
He caused the situation.
If you want to blame someone other than him, blame someone that is responsible for him being outside of the walls of a mental health facility. He should have been locked up the day before and not released.

I am not a fan of cops. But this person brought about his own demise.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
The articles seem to lack a lot of information.

He got bean bagged. Why? He got up from the first bagging and was bagged again and he got up again? Why?

His parents said he came to the farm "on a suicide mission."
They told the cops "if he had a gun it would be a BB gun," indicating they thought he might be armed as well?

Suicide by cop? Was he intentionally being aggressive, hoping they'd shoot him?

The articles are pretty light on facts.

He should have been hospitalized for the depression because of the overdose. Since the cops knew the kid was suicidal he should have been tased and hospitalized. So sad, I wonder if the seizures was something he would live with forever, probably some medication that would have helped but who can afford the proper health care.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

By restraint I mean, wait tell he at least points a weapon at you before you blast him 16 times.

Eta. especially when you are dealing with a teenager and you know it is just a kid with problems.

edit on 26-8-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
9 times out of 10 I seem to agree with you.

But not this time. They knew him. First, he should have not been let out of the hospital after the attempted OD.
Second, he never drew a weapon. So how was he a threat?

Why didn't they get him when he went down with the bean bags? Why didn't they let the aunt and uncle try to talk him down? Why didn't they taze him?

16 freaking times?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Every damn day now!

Yes every single day. If it is not a person, it is someones dog..

Firing your gun should be an absolute last resort, and wow shot 16 times. They shoot to kill.

Actually, I read a statistic that a cop shoots a dog in the US every 1.5 hours.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hmmmm.
Yes, he did.

I think he possibly did, but he was unarmed. It's not a cops job to facilitate a suicide. Kevorkian went to prison and didn't even pull one off (that we know of, I believe, could be wrong).

The thing is the same cops that killed him were the same that took him to the hospital for his attempted over dose. So they knew he wanted to die. I sincerely doubt they felt threatened by him. Cops these days apparently would fire at their own shadows. We definitely can't call them brave anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join