It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Maybe not... The Israel Hayom
are reporting this special unit is already there.

Troops from the Royal British Army's elite SAS unit and Special Reconnaissance Regiment have landed in Iraq and are pursuing Islamic State fighters, particularly the U.K. citizen known as "Jihadi John" who beheaded the American journalist James Foley on camera last week.

The Sunday Mail reported that the British commandos were employing advanced technologies to find the killer.

"It is possible to identify British jihadis on the battlefield by intercepting their radio messages. When they're captured by the Iraqis or Kurds we'll take a close interest in their questioning," an SAS member told the weekly paper.

there at the very end of their story they do admit

Nevertheless, sources in the American intelligence and military admitted to the Post that the U.S. spy agencies had not yet assembled the capabilities necessary to target Islamic State leaders

so if this new unit is there???? Then they are only staging for coming ops... Still it sounds like there wanting to move fast in getting the ball rolling...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles
No offence but the story came from the daily mail. The posh version of the daily sport

The reason i Mentioned Chris Ryan is he was getting interviewed on BBC Scotland this morning and he was talking about his new book...and guess what...The plot was based around a SAS team hunting down IS after the murder of that American Journalist...and killing them all...No prisoners.

Funny how the Daily Heil came out with this story today.

Here's a Link. Starts at the 4 Minute Mark.

Chris Ryan on BBC Radio Scotland
edit on 26-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why they are telling so much data of secret mission.. Where is the secret then?
Just after Foley´s execution SAS told that they are going to make 4 members team who work with locals to hunt down British ISIS fighters.. And now this.
Do they believe that these guys don´t have access to the internet? Or is the idea that they will get suspicious of each others...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

£100 Says this is the storyline for the next Call of Duty series.

LOL, I was thinking the same exact thing.... "Hmmm, this will be fun in call of duty"... hahaha

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This sounds made-up.

It's what really needs to be done to take out IS, but it all just sounds like a Tom Clancy plot.

link   
This isn`t 2001 anymore, it`s getting harder and harder to be a terrorist with drones,special hunter killer units,satellites intercepting their cell phone calls, etc,etc if i was a terrorist i would retire or go into a different line of work.

link   
a reply to: Xeven
China, Russia, and Iran

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Silent post to honor our future UK/US fallen heroes.

....thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Then we have this story from Down Under

Australia's air force and SAS soldiers are reportedly ready for deployment to Iraq as the world continues to ponder its options against the murderous Islamic State.

The Department of Defence is considering deploying top-line RAAF fighter jets and special forces to support a US-led operation, as well as expanding Australia's humanitarian contribution, the Daily Telegraph has reported.

They did say they would not deploy unless requested... but ... why else would they be prepping their F/A-18E/F Super Hornets and SAS soldiers?
edit on 26-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

well they will be on enemy territory and how many enemies is there? Hundreds? Thousands? I doubt they will do any good at all. The whole thing looks more like a show to me than anything. Did you see the reaction of most people? They pretend to be awake but fall for every trick tptb uses. People are so easy to manipulate when you give them a visible enemy to focus their anger and frustration on... But they are not aware that after isis, it will be something else!

edit on 26-8-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: HardCorps
Good post. That's helpful information. Did you see the part about them being there specifically to apprehend (or kill) the U.K. citizen known as "Jihadi John" who just very publicly beheaded a journalist? That tells me that this 'special unit' isn't going to open up on ISIS, but instead is there for a strategic pinpoint operation to bring to justice a U.K. citizen. If they kill a bunch of ISIS while getting this UK citizen, then they are happy campers. But taking ISIS full on doesn't seem to be the mission of the unit. (even though the newspapers tried to make it sound like it was).

That's my take after reading both the opening post and your information (which was very helpful.
)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed mod quote

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Oh Joy, more killing.

Now were buddies with Assad ?

We know nothing about the reigion. We train and equip their Army.

Then they run like little girls. Or, after 2 years of training the shoot us in the back.

At this point I would hook everybody's Play Station with an armed drone.

At least we won't send Humans to that God Forsaken Place.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Great news. Cant wait to see planet of the apes (ISIS) get what they deserve. But, why go public with this? Someone with military tactics knowledge can explain this?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The Website Heavy just posted
Task Force Black: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1. Task Force Black Is Chasing the ISIS Commanders to ‘Cut the Head Off the Snake’

2. Defeating ISIS Is a Top Priority for the US & UK Governments.

3. In Just 2 Years in Iraq, Task Force Black Killed 3,500 Insurgents.

4. At Least 6 Agencies Are Involved in the Mission.

5. Intelligence Agents Are Trying to Recruit Sources of Information in the Region Where ISIS Operates.

If this is a hoax there sure are a lot of details known about the who's where's and how's...
edit on 26-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

link   
This could be a deliberate tactic used by the special forces or as some have said not entirely accurate. During a hostage situation in the UK some years ago the criminals were informed by police the SAS were outside getting ready to come in. The crims surrendered straight away.

Could be using the reputation of the special forces, SAS, Navy Seals, Delta to try to instill fear into the enemy. It might have an effect.

If I learned the British SAS, US Navy seals and Delta, and Australian SAS were in theatre with orders to kill or capture I think I would start to sh*t myself. The question is will ISIS be afraid or welcome the chance to engage the west's elite soldiers? I think probably a combination of both.

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: dollukka
Why they are telling so much data of secret mission..

Either someone is exceptionally stupid for letting out the information that they are going after this UK citizen who publicly beheaded the journalist .... or there is a purpose for releasing the information that they are supposedly coming.

I remember during Gulf War II, the news got information that our forces were going to go into Iraq in a certain place down to the South and we even had lots of troops gathering and lots of activity. So the news crews concentrated all their effort where the activity was. BUT the real story was happening elsewhere. We had some special teams drop in on Saddams hometown and in a few other spots deep inside and they gathered up tons of information. They were able to get in and out without being found out about until days later. And of course our forces never went in where all the news crews were.

The false information was purposely leaked in order to cover for something else that was going on.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hoo YA!

Kill Kill Kill!

They'll never dare attempt another 9/11 after this!

Or are TPTB trying to set the stage to make the next one more believable than the last?

Any trillions of dollars missing anywhere at the moment?

oh, yeah, I forgot, impending financial collapse.

Meanwhile, fake race war is simmering at home so no one gives a sh!t about US getting involved with a civil war in the Ukraine.

Divide and conquer, working a charm.

The Patriot Act part two, 'Dealing with ISIS on the Homefront' will create a standing army that'll make future guverning a whole lot simpler and eliminate the need for all the, er...... dramatizations.

oh and btw, the Pacific is dying right on schedule.

It's like a siege war against the whole planet.

If nothing else, we can starve 'em out.

Or radiate them into extinction.

While Obamacare cures our own tumours.

I mean, what are they gonna do to US?

Hi-jack airliners again? We'll just shoot 'em outta the sky! Oops, didn't mean to say that, it was the mangosteens.

Just remember, "make yer vote count" next ejection.

WAIT! The whole story is FAKE now you say???

So we've been lied to THIS TIME, but all the other stuff was true, right?

ISIS really did chop that guy's head off, didn't they?

There really is going to be a 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, isn't there?

Who we vote for really does make a difference, doesn't it?

Why does this water taste funny?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackNWhite

Psy Ops, and chances are we have been there already for quite awhile now.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Silent post to honor our future UK/US fallen heroes.
....thank you.

Well now the Mission is out the Bag i'm sure there will be many fallen. Not that we will get to hear about it though...Looks Bad for the Puppet Masters..
edit on 26-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

ACTUALLY. THey HAVE been doing wet ops in the black .of course but secrecy and cover can severely limit ones missions to a highly minimized execution. WHEN THEY OPENLY state their plan. it's going to be a good fight.ISIS ARE ASSASSINS not soldiers and SURE as HELL not ANYWHERE near the class of warrior of our SF and the SAS. WE KNOW EXACTLY who they are and when they CLUSTER together like that ,trust me THAT is a BIG juicy target. THEY will runaway take HOSTAGES blah,blah ,blah.By the geneva convention I HAD to take PRISONERS. THESE guys DON'T.
What we have to stop is an attempt to put in an occupational type force that would commit to a duty station there.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join