It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas claims 'victory' as Gaza truce agreed with Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

All I can do is hope and pray that Hamas grasp this opportunity to the fullest & not go back on their word!
Word is Bond...
Their integrity relies on it...

What a pity I won't witness a united Earth before I die.

Never say never...
It's all there for humanity to utilise...
We must believe we can do better!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Always with the facts and data voyger my friend...
You know that's frowned upon here

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

6:30 P.M. Egypt announces cease-fire in Gaza will start at 11 P.M., Egyptian state news agency says. (Reuters)

6:34 P.M. One Israeli killed by mortar attack in Eshkol, Regional Council, south Israel. Another six wounded, one critically, one seriously, one moderatley and three lightly.

6:38 P.M. Israel has accepted the Egyptian proposal for an unlimited cease-fire, a senior Israeli official says, adding that cabinet ministers have been notified. According to a legal opinion, there was no need for a cabinet vote, the official said.

The senior official said the cease-fire proposal does not include Hamas' demands for a seaport, an airport, the release of prisoners or regarding the issue of funds. In future negotiations, said the official, both sides will present their demands, and Israel will raise the issue of demilitarizing the Gaza Strip. Israel will allow humanitarian aid to enter the Strip, including materials for reconstruction. According to the official, the aid will enter the Strip under supervision. (Barak Ravid)

Ceasefire not broken!!!

Live Updates From Haaretz!!!

edit on 26-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Edittyedit!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks my friend.
It is a privilege to contribute for the fight against injustice and tyranny.
We should not give up on those who have no voice.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If it wasn't for Hamas Israel would have been in real trouble dealing with real oppositions coming from Egypt,Jordan,Saudis!,Iran,Iraq,and a bunch of others including the Palestinians themselves...But now every once in awhile they bomb woman and children of Gaza and Hamas sometimes responds with roockets and sling shots and stuff then Hamas claims victory and everything is just fine.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur

If it wasn't for Hamas Israel would have been in real trouble dealing with real oppositions coming from Egypt,Jordan,Saudis!,Iran,Iraq,and a bunch of others including the Palestinians themselves...But now every once in awhile they bomb woman and children of Gaza and Hamas sometimes responds with roockets and sling shots and stuff then Hamas claims victory and everything is just fine.

Glad to see you're a student of history

/end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Have Israel send rockets back killing your men, women, & children. Victory. Have Israel destroy entire city blocks. Victory. Agree to a truce, Flawless Victory.

Israel Did send Rockets and missiles in Gaza and had flatten areas where they had killed men, women, & children according to Israel the Gaza people are terrorists.

Still surprised to see that there supporters of Israel in here.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

the IDF has not deliberately targeted civilians.

The IDF has not deliberately targeted civilians? it sure has deliberately targeted civilians, including dropping bombs onto schools.

If Hamas had not used human shields throughout the conflict

Ah really? according to some Israeli Hamas is everywhere in Gaza and thus they have human shields throughout the conflict but in case its rather the opposite.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
After murdering almost 500 Palestinian children? It took them that many times?

Hopefully, the blockades are done away with, the Palestinians get control of their ports, and the Palestinians get their land back, -at least 1967 borders. But they're desperate and will cheat themselves at this point, I'm sure. Israel had to make sure and destroy a bunch of their buildings too. Now it's time for war crimes trials to begin. The Israeli government should be arrested immediately.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

/end sarcasm
Thank you,,I also have a degree in psychology which enables me to tell the difference between agenda driven people and the rest of us...they often tend to deny facts and or spin them to suit their own logic.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

After murdering almost 500 Palestinian children? It took them that many times?

I know it's disgusting!

Now it's time for war crimes trials to begin. The Israeli government should be arrested immediately.

I'm not gonna hold my breath!
If it happens in our lifetime I'd be surprised...
They'll probably wait until they're all 90 years old!
edit on 26-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

/end sarcasm
Thank you,,I also have a degree in psychology which enables me to tell the difference between agenda driven people and the rest of us...they often tend to deny facts and or spin them to suit their own logic.

The irony is not lost to me with this post connected with the other one you posted

Still I have to ask. What does it have to do w the ceasefire agreement

edit on 8/26/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Shockingly, I got read a news alert that one Israeli was killed & 6 wounded from mortar fire via Gaza...

Truce broken, VICTORY HAMAS! FOOLED YOU!

If it is the same event, it looks like 2 died, one at the scene and one later.

Second person dies after mortar fire attack on Kibbutz Nirim one hour before ceasefire; death toll for Operation Protective Edge rises to 70.

In typical Hamas fashion, they have to get their last minute digs in before the cease fire starts...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So more tunnel building supplies? or more playground supplies to build around their rocket launchers?

It is a hard choice to make

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I covered everything you wrote in the OP except every Gazan being terrorists, but that's not far off the mark. It still doesn't surprise me that people think you support Israel if you have anything negative to say about Hamas or the other side of the coin, you're a Hamas supporter if you criticize Israel.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Oh yeah, there are a lot of atrocities that both parties are guilty, but the key word being Both.

Violence only begets violence.

The Fatah are at least going the non violent route when compared to Hamas. Hamas is nothing but violence and has 0 problems sacrificing the Palestinian people to use them as martyrs. And indeed Israel looks like a monster when they bombard Gaza. But that all said, if Hamas ceased to exist and the Fatah gov't outlawed the violence and enforced those laws then a possible peaceful solution could be made.

But instead Hamas would rather provoke the Israelis and Palestinians into the endless cycle of hate, death, and revenge.

This video sums up my feelings on this issue nicely.

Hamas Kidnapped & Killed Israeli Teens, Proving Devastating Stupidity

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It was a huge victory for Hamas. Their primary objective was to provoke Israel into killing thousands of Palestinians, and turn it all into highly effective propaganda. To further turn global opinion against Israel, and to demonize them more. Ultimately they plan to isolate Israel enough that they are on their own and they can be destroyed... They aren't there yet.

A victory nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

way to do research there my friend,that soldier DID NOT serve in the Gaza ground operation in fact he didn't even finish his training yet.

that ''news'' article is spewing crap left and right “Anonymous” took control of the account and deleted it for “good measure” ??? where do they come up with this bull#? the account was deleted by the IDF and was being investigated by them.

the only thing he ''admitted'' after being interrogated by his commanders is that the instagram post was a big fat lie that he made up, he is currently serving 30 days in jail for that fake post he did.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
As I was saying ,the ceasefire agreement between Hamas and Israel is a joke ,it has always been and it will always be...And I think Hamas is a home made puppet of Israel...Careful now,I also am a Karate student.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I expect this one to fail as well once the rocket attacks trying to kill Israelis begin again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join