It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas claims 'victory' as Gaza truce agreed with Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
english.ahram.org.eg...

Hamas said on Tuesday that a long-term truce to end seven weeks of fighting in Gaza had been agreed with Israel, hailing it as a "victory for the resistance."

"The negotiations with an agreement which embodies the resistance of our people and a victory for the resistance," Hamas's exiled deputy leader, Mussa Abu Marzuk, wrote on his Facebook page.

I hate these idiots. Everything is a victory. Send thousands of fail rockets into Israel provoking a fight. Victory. Have Israel send rockets back killing your men, women, & children. Victory. Have Israel destroy entire city blocks. Victory. Agree to a truce, Flawless Victory.

What murderous morons. When was the last time the Gazan's had an opportunity to vote Hamas out?

Too bad we all know Hamas will never allow anyone to "vote" them out. As long as Hamas exists there will never be peace.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Israel, Palestine agree on long-term Gaza truce – Hamas spokesman

This link says pretty much the same...
It also mentions an end to the blockade of Gaza for aid & construction supplies!!!

"An agreement has been reached between the two sides and we are awaiting the announcement from Cairo to determine the zero hour for implementation," said the spokesman, Sami Abu Zuhri.

An anonymous Palestinian official also told AFP that the contacts working on the issue in Egypt's capital "agreed a permanent cease-fire, a [deal to] end the blockade and a guarantee that Gaza's demands and needs will be met."

Was about to make a similar thread, thought it may as well be shared here!

I'm not sure about a victory...
But as the old saying goes, they won the battle, not the war!

If the blockade is lifted, that's a huge breakthrough!
I'm still a little hesitant to believe the blockade will end though!

If Israel do end it, much respect to them, even if it is the BDS growth that has been the snowball effect!
edit on 26-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hamas finally agreed to a truce?

Their inventory of rockets must be very low...
edit on 26-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Israel finally agreed to a truce?

The IDF must have realised that babies are not a viable target...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Too bad we all know Hamas will never allow anyone to "vote" them out. As long as Hamas exists there will never be peace.

I expect that this is the truth...
Hopefully the international community play a bigger part in the election this time!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My question is. Finally Hamas agrees to terms and conditions and Israel is on board. That's great. The blockade hopefully will be gone

But what happens when Hamas violates this? What happens when they start firing rockets again or sabatoge the removal of the blockade by doing something stupid?

Will they be held accountable and condemned or will people scream MOSSAD again.....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Israel agreed to many proposals already, and the IDF has not deliberately targeted civilians.

If Hamas had not used human shields throughout the conflict, perhaps unnecessary casualties could have been avoided.

You can keep repeating the same logical fallacy, but it's still inaccurate. If Israel really wanted to target civilians, there would be none left in Gaza by now.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I can't see the Difference in a lot of Nations.

"Too bad we all know "The Owners" will never allow anyone to "vote" them out. As long as "The Owners" exists there will never be peace."

Same thing in the US for example. Britain anyone? How about Canada?

All the same as I see it. Whether by force, propaganda, fear, lies...pick one.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

But what happens when Hamas violates this? What happens when they start firing rockets again or sabatoge the removal of the blockade by doing something stupid?

Hopefully they won't hinder, undermine or put the blockade at risk, hopefully they are smart enough not to put Palestinians in danger of a repeat...

But you should have said if, not when...

Will they be held accountable and condemned or will people scream MOSSAD again.....

Yes...unless it's the Mossad who start up trouble...
2 sides to every coin & story and all!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If Hamas had not used human shields throughout the conflict, perhaps unnecessary casualties could have been avoided.

You can keep repeating the same logical fallacy, but it's still inaccurate

I see the irony in this statement, & it's a shame!!!

If Israel really wanted to target civilians, there would be none left in Gaza by now.

Netanyahu is not stupid, he is a psychopath, very intelligent...
& he knows what a "slow kill" is!

the IDF has not deliberately targeted civilians.

Those poor children playing football on the beach say differently!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I said when because it seems to be a rescue ring pattern.

You said you hope they aren't stupid enough to put palestenians at risk

But from what I've seen they don't seem to care about the palestenian people.

IMHO. Hamas cares about Hamas and their goals, not what's good for the people of Palestine

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

IMHO. Hamas cares about Hamas and their goals, not what's good for the people of Palestine

I agree, they've bulldozed houses just like the IDF they supposedly hate...
They've killed children like the IDF they supposedly hate...

It's why I said hopefully, personally I think they are aid thieves and a danger to Palestinians!

edit on 26-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: !!!tcerroC-otuA

edit on 26-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Punctuation!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am appalled at the "poor little Israel" theme in this thread! If you are American, I hope you remember the Lavon Affair and the USS Liberty incident! I do! I don't trust any propaganda coming out of Israel!

Who has the superior weaponry? Israel or Gaza? Israel! Who took the Palestinians' land, ongoing for decades? Israel!

But, of course, Israel supporters would not be mad/upset/willing to fight if someone took their land, right??

And for the record, I love the Jewish people, I dislike the corrupt Israeli government. I love my fellow Americans, I dislike the corrupt USA government. (and this is not an Obama slur, Bush was just as corrupt--keep going back)

There are too many dual citizens (Israeli/American) in my government casting decisions that have Israel's welfare in mind, rather than the USA welfare...even though an oath was taken to uphold the Constitution...which is why we should not trust the propaganda, usually called news, that emanates from the USA, either! Our funding of Middle East wars/skirmishes especially pi**es me off! And doubly so, since there are homeless, hungry citizens here, the infrastructure is crumbling, etc. That money could be put to use here! We provide the funds for citizens of one nation to harm/kill citizens of another nation...or we just outright attack/drone nations, then wonder why they wish us harm! Because, of course, we would not be angry if other countries killed/maimed our loved ones, right?! We would not want revenge, right?

Blowback, a term coined by our very own CIA...describes just why terrorists want to hurt us! If we followed our Founders' advice--no entangling alliances, trading with all nations--the world would be a lot more peaceful place...

END RANT!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I agree. It would be nice if there could be some outside oversight from a neutral party that could make sure goods and supplies go to the people of Palestine and isn't hoarded by Hamas.

Let whoever is funding Hamas supply them. And let the people be fed and taken care of

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Israel agreed to many proposals already, and the IDF has not deliberately targeted civilians.

Please tell me that this is a sick twisted joke...?

IDF Sniper Admits On Instagram To Murdering 13 Gaza Children

(Extreme language on Instagram pic in provided link)

An Instagram post by an Israel Defense Forces sniper boasts of murdering 13 Gazan children in one day. An IDF Combat Engineering Corps Soldier, specifically, David D. Ovadia posed with a Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle.

Ovadia posted his comments on the Instagram account of Palestinian Sherrii ElKaderi.

countercurrentnews.com...

This is one of many examples.

Please stop pretending that the IDF are saints.

Israel has also broken several cease-fires in regards to these proposals you mentioned but the mainstream media does not acknowledge this so any links I provide will be dismissed as "Hamas propaganda" so you can call this speculation all you want but Israel has broken rules of the proposals.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It is a proven fact that Israel uses human shields, yet you refuse to accept this.

Israel puts its military installations and operations in civilian areas and are at fault for any casualties. If Israel did not store weapons and military personnel in areas that civilians live there would be no risk for the Israeli civilians.

See what I did there?

You can keep repeating the same logical fallacy, but it's still inaccurate. If Israel really wanted to target civilians, there would be none left in Gaza by now.

Funny that you say that, have you seen what's left of Gaza?

I guess almost 2,500 dead civilians is not a big enough number for you?

Does it have to be 6 million before people start caring?

You Israel fanboys are almost amusing.
edit on 26-8-2014 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
english.ahram.org.eg...

Hamas said on Tuesday that a long-term truce to end seven weeks of fighting in Gaza had been agreed with Israel, hailing it as a "victory for the resistance."

"The negotiations with an agreement which embodies the resistance of our people and a victory for the resistance," Hamas's exiled deputy leader, Mussa Abu Marzuk, wrote on his Facebook page.

I hate these idiots. Everything is a victory. Send thousands of fail rockets into Israel provoking a fight. Victory. Have Israel send rockets back killing your men, women, & children. Victory. Have Israel destroy entire city blocks. Victory. Agree to a truce, Flawless Victory.

What murderous morons. When was the last time the Gazan's had an opportunity to vote Hamas out?

It is Hamas and Fatah are who imprisoning the Palestinians...They are being held hostage by those terrorist organizations and are meaningless pawns being played by the terrorists who want to remove the Jews from Israel at any cost...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Do you think they will ACTUALLY do it this time or is this just a ruse to regroup?
I see the people talking more at least.YOU ,me( A knuckle dragging Cav trooper) I have done my share of harm but not in HATE only duty.
THE LIES are finally breaking DOWN. What a pity I won't witness a united Earth before I die.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Don't forget that Israelis use Palestinian community's at west bank, as an active firing zone for practice. Is this new or what?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Shockingly, I got read a news alert that one Israeli was killed & 6 wounded from mortar fire via Gaza...

Truce broken, VICTORY HAMAS! FOOLED YOU!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join