It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arkie Talkie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
After a round with the bottle the other day I figured I could do with some morale and divine instructions, so I picked up my lovely new bible and opened it and pointed my finger at 1 Chronicles 13. It is about when king David one day figure out they should bring up the old Ark from it's place in Kiriath-Jearim.

13:3 ESV goes:
Then let us bring again the ark of our God to us, for we did not seek it [or him] in the days of Saul.

The brackets there is a note from my bible. So the eternal question arrives: Is the Ark, the Name of God, the Image of God some sort of hi-tech devices, the ark, could be some static power generator, the image of God is a computer and is the name of God, the 72 letter code starting with JHVH, some sort of password key or intergalactic phone number that God gave to Moses to use together with the ark?

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him

I've always imagined that as "on the Laptop of God he designed him"

Exodus 6:3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name Jahveh I did not make myself known to them.

JHVH was unknown before Moses? Hm? Going to have to make another thread, because:

Genesis 4:26 says that Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh. At that time people began to call on the name of Jahveh.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I suppose anything is possible, but I don't buy into your theory.

With the unlimited capacity for imagination, humans can make up anything and give it enough fluff to make it sound possible.

I'll give you a star for creativity.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

I believe you are being judgmental to this post. And your lack of Imagination makes you unworthy to leave a such a comment without rebuttal.
Of course anything is possible. Yet humans Always make thing up and give it fluff to make it sound possible. Take for instants the bible. That book is a hand me down story of Horos Holy Horos re-hased by TPTB (at the time) to control the masses. TONS of fluff, yet, do you believe in "god" (a name given to something we don't understand).

His creativity is more than your lack in research and looking into a "holy" book. It has soo many flaws and mysteries that it creates a cult of people starting wars against others. All religion for that matter has done, no global good.

Practice and Teach Love, be Nice, and Have Faith (in anything).

The book of Enoch is a great place to start. He walked into the light??? I thought jesus said that the light is within us???"light" knowledge, here is a link to connect the inner knowledge and the pineal gland Symbolism and who says that one can simply "walk" next to god.....hmmmm indeed.

My point is that I think you have a limited ability to be open minded and take in this metaphorical theory of his. Do more research before posting threads that sound negative, regardless of the star you've given.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

My point is that I think you have a limited ability to be open minded and take in this metaphorical theory of his. Do more research before posting threads that sound negative, regardless of the star you've given.

I am sorry that you feel this way. You have your opinion, and I have mine - which I stated above. I found nothing wrong with my opinion, as opinions are usually one sided any way.

I have a very open mind, which is why I am a member on a conspiracy theory website.

You have absolutely no idea of research I've done into religions, theology, ideology, or any other subject. You know nothing of me. Nothing.

Personally, I think you have a rather strong opinion of me from a simple post.

I gave respect to the original poster. I said he had a creative idea, and that is a compliment. Just because someone doesn't believe in every idea that is floated doesn't make them "unworthy" to reply to a subject. That's absurd.

It surprises me that you can be so disrespectful over something so trivial.

There was nothing wrong in what I said in my original statement. I don't buy into his theory because it isn't backed up with any credible evidence, or historical points of reference.

I would think someone who makes it a point to go into historical perspectives of the Holy Bible would appreciate something like that.
edit on 26-8-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Not so quick there. There are many proto-sources to the books and stories of the bible, that's a well documented fact and nothing to paint the roof with, and these mystical artifacts showing up in either such source or the other is completely irrelevant of them being mentioned in the first place.

Story story goes that God has an image with which he creates. Invoking the name of God in the presence of the ark brings you in contact with Jahveh as the "glory of God" shines bright between the wings of the two cherubim. Makes me think of Huxley's Brave New World and their holy Ford and how technology can become relics and turn into a source of all kinds of anachronisms and backward engenered nonsense.

Or. The holy DVD that survived Harmagheddon became a sacred relic of extraordinary proportions to the dystopical remnants scattered round the flattened earth. It turned out to be a movie called the Godfather, and their 1000 year old religion was all founded on a violent entertainment videogram from the 1980's.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: misc syntax

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Or. The holy DVD that survived Harmagheddon became a sacred relic of extraordinary proportions to the dystopical remnants scattered round the flattened earth. It turned out to be a movie called the Godfather, and their 1000 year old religion was all founded on a violent entertainment videogram from the 1980's.

Holy DVD? Godfather? I am interested in knowing more.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Not until after Judgementday, the last day of the week, then you can spin and mirror it in your temple as much as you like. Maybe after a few hundred years you have started producing similar discs in silver and gold and have a giant shiny Laser Disc mounted above the temple's Desktop between the Printerium and the Serverium where the Holy Laptop stands.

top topics

join