It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Million-year-old Skull of 'The Taung Child' not as “human” as thought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar I do not have to know everything to know that it is all just educated guesses in a system of thinking that is constantly evolving. What i do know is that givin the resources i could duplicate everything you know and believe in a way that confuses some and instills a sense of superiority for others when they have just as much chance of being right as i do. By all means keep close minded because it makes sense at the time and others believe you.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: peter vlar Just because i do not know what i am talking about and i am on my own in the belief that dating methods are not even close does not mean that the dates are right. For all we know some time traveler could have planted it there just to have something to talk about. No amount of proof will ever be definitive for me because i was not there and can think of ways to replicate what you consider to be truth or fact.

Okay so you would much prefer to believe that time travel took place than place any belief in what scientific studies by qualified people with years of experience and documented research/state of the art technology etc? In your own words no amount of proof will ever be definite because you were not there? Oh my..... Are you a religious person? because there is even less proof of any deity coming down from the heavens.

I..I have no more words for this

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

If following the fossil record and genetic data as well as the multiple dating methods used to corroborate data is being closed minded and blindly following misinterpreted and mistranslated bronze age supernatural books is open minded then I'll take closed minded any damn day of the week. Pot meet kettle, I'm sure you two hate a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You don't have to know everything, but in order to fairly criticize scientific dating methods, you DO have to understand the methods in question (or evolution because we all know that's what you're trying to argue). I can talk about how I don't believe in black holes until I'm blue in the face, but without even knowing the slightest thing about them, I'm just a rambling madman. Clearly you are not familiar with dating methods, if you are calling them guesses.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

People evolve, but I think Humans and Monkeys evolved from the same being, and this being was more humanoid than it was monkeys. It may have split again and apes were formed from the humanoid. Diet and environment over a long time could have caused a Humanoid to turn to an ape if the environment necessitated it.

pretty good theory...you may just be the smartest mouse alive

i like your way of thinking

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: rickymouse

People evolve, but I think Humans and Monkeys evolved from the same being, and this being was more humanoid than it was monkeys. It may have split again and apes were formed from the humanoid. Diet and environment over a long time could have caused a Humanoid to turn to an ape if the environment necessitated it.

pretty good theory...you may just be the smartest mouse alive

i like your way of thinking

I have come to the conclusion that I personally do not have to believe the consensus of the time if I research it and find it irrational. I have just as much right not to believe in some things as others do, if the evidence does not conclusively show that their beliefs are founded. There are many possibilities that could have occurred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join