It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Images Hacked?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm having the same problem here, the results of google image shows this crap car crashed...its affecting all my computers and mobile. Its started a few hours ago.

I'm from Brazil

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Same here (Brazil). It pops up the crashed car image, though.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
are ye all using chrome by any chance?
if so it can be done quite easily, any click-able picture shown on the web can have a picture overlayed on it and when you click it, it shows another pic(the real pic that should be there). it can be easily done in web programming.

only problem is how was it uploaded to the google servers?? maybe an employee? cant really see that happening as they would almost certainly be cought straight away with their tech in those labs... strange one...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xusernamed

Sua operadora é a NET ?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here too (SC/Brazil) - GVT.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kinslayer128

originally posted by: xusernamed

NET ?

Big company!
whats on your mind???

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Double post.

edit on 26/8/14 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: scoobyrob
are ye all using chrome by any chance?
if so it can be done quite easily, any click-able picture shown on the web can have a picture overlayed on it and when you click it, it shows another pic(the real pic that should be there). it can be easily done in web programming.

only problem is how was it uploaded to the google servers?? maybe an employee? cant really see that happening as they would almost certainly be cought straight away with their tech in those labs... strange one...

The question is: this issue is from client side (malware, bugs, glitches...) or server side (hacker attack/google server error...)
edit on 26-8-2014 by Kinslayer128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kinslayer128

Probably a new intern...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: luizsilveira88

Probably a new intern...

s h i t happens and its a big one

Anyway im reporting this issue to google

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Could be either but I'd be leaning more towards Client side, If server side we would see almost everyone with it happening, unless it had conditions attached(like certain versions of chrome Etc) but I doubt it. seems to me like bug(maliciously put there) maybe in the web browser itself. It might be worth a shot a uninstalling the web browser and re-installing it again, although I must warn cookies,history,Favourites etc will be erased, unless you back-up favourites and re-add them when you install again but that still could carry over the bug. If you are going to try that try the search before re-adding the favourites to see if it works. Presuming this problem is happening all the time yes? or intermittent?

ETA: my searches are fine, I only ever use firefox but i tried it on chrome and normal results...
edit on 26/8/14 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: luizsilveira88

Probably a new intern...

the problem that is happening is more deliberate than mistake, interns don't get to mess with the code in their main servers. A mistake would end in a different result than what is happening, what is happening is deliberate

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scoobyrob

Could be either but I'd be leaning more towards Client side, If server side we would see almost everyone with it happening, unless it had conditions attached(like certain versions of chrome Etc) but I doubt it. seems to me like bug(maliciously put there) maybe in the web browser itself. It might be worth a shot a uninstalling the web browser and re-installing it again, although I must warn cookies,history,Favourites etc will be erased, unless you back-up favourites and re-add them when you install again but that still could carry over the bug. If you are going to try that try the search before re-adding the favourites to see if it works. Presuming this problem is happening all the time yes? or intermittent?

Honestly i think its a google error on their servers, i will wait before uninstall my browser and erease my favorits list.

But mostly important we all report this issue.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey I just made an account here, A few guys over on overclock.net just posted they are having the same problem, Seems to be a google error of some kind, I dont suppose you guys are in south america? seems it's only happening there so far.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Just signed up for this issue. Doesn't seem like it's something local. Rio de Janeiro, corporative environment and I'm also getting this issue. Lizard Squad maybe?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Originally Posted by The_Rocker "Overclock.net"

Not happening here either.

EDIT:

Others are experiencing it though:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

My best guess is likely some hijacked DNS servers somewhere.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Estragogon
Just signed up for this issue. Doesn't seem like it's something local. Rio de Janeiro, corporative environment and I'm also getting this issue. Lizard Squad maybe?

We don't know, peoples are beginning to report this issue but definitely is a server side error cause i'm posting from iphone using a safari browser that means its not a virus or something else

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

you are prob right, if its just one area sounds like a server issue, if its more wide spread maybe not. but as mentioned if its only south America then ya it sounds server side. You can save and transfer your favorites tho, its pretty easy.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ok people i have search images on google images on IE 11, chrome, firefox, and safari, and to think it's your web browser that is the problem, it's not duh... its server side.... its google images that is messed up. No you don't have a virus, no you don't need to re-install your Windows, and no its just google that is messed up... i said # google search and use bing or yahoo... i'm not using google for search or for image search anymore not that i think its all messed, well it is, but umm lulz when i search for a image i want to see the image not some stupid russian car crash over and over for each image...

google need to get their foot out of their ass man they are just making poor products.. even the android L is just so poorly design, even Windows Phone 8.1 is way better, just saying.. even bing u can search a image and not get a russian car crash picture spamming ur entire images results
edit on 26-8-2014 by UNIXwz0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Is it affecting ALL images and only from South America? Is this happening in Mexico as well?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join