It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Drought Before/After: Is this for real?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation
A ton of water was released Monday from Trinity lake in the name of fish. I mean a ton. That isn't about nestle or corporate takeover of resources. The tree growers are already purchasing water at auctions and having it trucked in. And if you google wells running dry in California you will find dozens of articles mostly about the Central Valley. What's really sad is the number of folks who aren't even reporting being without water for fear of eviction or deportation. Lake Nacimiento and San Antonio haven't released water at all just normal service to Monterey County. The drought is still the culprit. Hopefully El Niño will save us. Judging by the ocean fish migration which hasn't looked this way since '97 it will but maybe too little too late for some communities.

edit on 8/28/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
“A single plant of marijuana needs about six gallons of water per day to grow. That means industrial grows need between 12,000 and 30,000 gallons of water per day,” according to Quartz. The problem for California is, unlike its ability to regulate and enforce water usage for the wine industry, its hands are tied when it comes to cannabis.

“Marijuana cultivation has the potential to completely dewater and dry up streams in the areas where [cannabis farmers are] growing pretty extensively,” Scott Bauer, a biologist with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW), told the business website Quartz.

AQUAPONICS!

Solves the problem nicely.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I hear you, they release water up here as well.

I was boating on Bass Lake (where the great outdoors movie was made) earlier this summer just below Yosemite national Park.

I've never seen that Lake so low in my entire life. Yeah but they are going to release a lot of water out of Bass Lake right about now. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
We all better be prepared for the next black oil = water! They will dry up our lakes, resevoirs and water tables with fracking, so they can sell us water at $5.00 per gallon or more. We must find a way to map natural springs and water sources that can be used in emergencies. I heard that you can take sea water and put a plastic tent over it in a pyramid shape, and when the water collects at the top, distilled water will drip down the sides. You can catch it with a bucket and then drink it in an emergency. I would also have a manual water filter ready and run it through that. Here's more water filtration things you can do in a bind: water filtration techniques

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think it overpriced, its just a liter of water, why does that cost several bucks/pounds/euros

Now when you DIDNT remeber to bring your own or was caught out when you didnt expect to, even though its expensive for just water id rather have the option than not to buy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join