It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Drought Before/After: Is this for real?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Lake Oroville supplies all of the rice fields in the valley not shown in the photos, I mean a lot of rice fields! Rice fields need to be flooded in order to grow rice, which takes millions of gallons of water. Also including lots of orchards, (almonds, walnuts, kiwis, oranges etc etc), hundreds of thousands of acres, and that's just the Lake Oroville area ( north of sacremento, west of Biggs, gridley, Chico). Lake Oroville is a man made lake built for that reason. Over 70% of the US crops come from the state of California. After that the rest of the water is fed into the sacremento river that feeds sacremento then trickles down from there. Don't forget a lot of people use wells too.

I will never live in that state again, the tax Gestapo is never ending, but that's another subject.

Ps typing with this ipad is a royal pain, talk about grammatical errors, sorry!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
average person uses 80-100 gal/day according to water.usgs.gov... ... so maybe 320 gallons for a family of 4?

it's not as if that water is blasted off into space... it gets cycled back into the environment; the problem is that it's not necessarily going to fall where it's needed (eg: California water could evaporate into the atmosphere and then fall as rain somewhere over the Pacific or up in Oregon)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

I thought the same thing. LOL

On a side note, God /karma punishes.....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No way I use 320 gallons a day, no way 320 a week even!!!!a reply to: FlySolo

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Let me reiterate, All water bottle companies who are draining California's water supply for a bunch of idiots who guzzle down 12 ounces of water a day just so they can throw that plastic bottle away into the Earth right afterwards, can go pound sand.

Water bottle companies like Nestle, and many others, should be banned from taking any water whatsoever from California during this crisis.

I've spoken against these vermin many times here prior to any drought, and these small water bottles are an injustice to our environment, and I am far from any Al Gore wacko, this is just using commonsense.

Do you think that one bottle thrown away is worth 12 ounces of quenching? If you do, you're part of Mother Earth's problem. ~$heopleNation
edit on 27-8-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Let me reiterate, All water bottle companies who are draining California's water supply for a bunch of idiots who guzzle down 12 ounces of water a day just so they can throw that plastic bottle away into the Earth right afterwards.

Water bottle companies like Nestle, and many others, should be banned from taking any water whatsoever from California during this crisis.

I've spoken against these vermin many times here prior to any drought, and these small water bottles are an injustice to our environment, and I am far from any Al Gore wacko, this is just using commonsense.

~$heopleNation

what a ridiculous thing to say.

Yes bottled water is way to expensive, but you cant stop companies buying water to sell to people.

bottled water is convenient and cold, if you are walked down the beach and you didnt bring your own, of course you buy a bottle as over priced as it is.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Well I would not call it as ridiculous as your fabricated story about you knocking someone out in Subway, which has garbage sandwiches that are microwaved for idiots, but I will address that in the proper thread.

So you're too lazy to obtain or purchase a water bottle, and then fill it up at home? Or maybe you're just skeptical about tap water like me? Even so, you can't take that same bottle and fill it up at home or at some water machine?

What did you say, if you were walking down the beach? How about you save the beach guy? How about you fill it up somewhere else instead of polluting this planet because you're lazy?

People like you make me sick. Now go buy your 12 ounce bottle of water and throw all that plastic away because of your laziness.

What a joke. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Live for the moment Californian's

Raging Waters,
California’s Largest Water Park

Let the next generation worry about water shortages

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
Live for the moment Californian's

Raging Waters,
California’s Largest Water Park

that looks bloody awesome!!!!

if there was ever a good reason to 'waste' water that is it right there

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hey? Have a good laugh Dingo, cause that is the mentality out here anyway.

Seriously, you can't fix stupid, even during a catastrophic crisis such as we have out here right now.

~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
how much water really evaporates?

is it significant?

like if i had a pool in cali, would i have to refill it much?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Sorry buddy, my post was kind of nasty, but in the OP it says " Americans use 320 gallons a day per household" that's Crazy.

And how many of these Super Size Water Parks does California have?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

The problem is the state water resources board is corrupt, as is everything else in this friggin state...and environmental loonies keep us from building anything new. New dams/reservoirs have not been built since the 60s and 70s and California's population has utterly exploded since then. We also have not built any new refineries in the same time frame, which is why we pay some of the highest gas prices in the nation.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
like if i had a pool in cali, would i have to refill it much?

It can drop a quarter of an inch in 7 to 10 days with no pool cover during the summer here in Nor Cal.

Chlorine also increases how quickly pool water evaporates. Treating your pool at night is the best time to do it.

Trouble is, you have to keep the waterline above your skimmer for filtration, so you have to be on it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Sorry buddy, my post was kind of nasty, but in the OP it says " Americans use 320 gallons a day per household" that's Crazy.

And how many of these Super Size Water Parks does California have?

No worries bro. Well yes we do have a lot, but many were closed this year. A few up here did.

DisneyLand, and it's connected park California Adventures, also both shut down their water rides last spring when I was there.

Honestly, there is so much more wasting of water than at water parks alone, where most of it is recycled, filtered and reused.

Other than evaporation, it's just the same water pumped back and forth. But yeah everything has an impact. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
what amazes me is that knowone has hit on the releasing of water for the smelt. @sheeplenation what u also don't realize from my earlier posts is that I work all over California and drive upwards of 1200 miles a week. I get to see California from end to end so I drove through much of that rain and was able to see many dams dumping like crazy during this time and they almost never allowed one lake to fill up before dumping it back down to half full except for down south where for quite awhile they were very full.
edit on 28-8-2014 by TheScale because: grammar

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

wow is that true?!

that seems a bit insane for a place with such drought issues, you would think "hey fill up a few pools and sell the rest you dont want to water companys" you know, stuff like that.

dont dump fresh water!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

This is one thing more people need to catch onto. nestle and other companies have been working hard for years now to buy up water rights all over the world. they end up paying minuscule amounts of money for thousands upon thousands of gallons of water usage since they are deemed industrial sites. im trying to remember the numbers but I think it was something like $3.15 for 10K gallons of water. maybe it was 100K gallons cant remember atm. so we have these companies sucking up massive amounts of water from wells and tributaries that feed into our lakes and rivers and shipping it out of state.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
no but we can change the ubsurdly low rates those water companies are paying just to resell the uninformed bottled tap water. do some research on nestle and you will see how they have been buying up water rights around the world. there CEO has also been quoted as saying "access to water is not a right". its like saying this air u breathe isn't free. and they are working hard at locking up all the wells and future water sources so u have to pay them to live. btw why is it so hard to bring a thermos with water from home that costs 570 times less then the bottled water per gallon

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Well that we agree on. It's absurd that they are allowed to bottle up so much of our water and sell it wherever they want. Meanwhile, they are polluting this planet every single day with those little water bottles.

Just think about how many are consumed in just one day, it's millions. I mean thank god we have recycling, but not everyone recycles. The stupidity has no end.

I got a real solution for these morons. First, purchase your own water bottle. Second, put water machines at all the gas stations and any other businesses that have an interest in having them.

There would be jobs for the water truck drivers. The water companies would save money on water bottle production costs, technicians could make a living servicing the machines.

Best of all, no more millions of small water bottles polluting the planet every single day. Now go buy a Nalgene people. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join