It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman shot at Ferguson protest: Police took the bullet and now claim they don't have it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

On August 12, Mya Aaten-White was walking back to her car after leaving a protest near the now infamous Quik Trip in Ferguson, Missouri. Shots rang out. She remembers a young man telling her she’d been shot in the head. She remembers police on the scene questioning her. She took a photo of herself in the ambulance and posted it to Instagram.

The media immediately reported that it was a drive by shooting. But Aaten-White doesn’t understand why the press is saying that; she doesn’t remember any cars, just the young black men who helped her to safety, and the cops on the scene who questioned her while she lay prone with a bullet in her skull.

Doctors didn’t remove the bullet for a few days, worried that they’d injure her worse. After they operated and dislodged the bullet, police officers showed up at the hospital and took the evidence. Her lawyer has since tried to find out where the bullet went. Neither county nor Ferguson police officers have any idea what bullet they’re talking about.

In other words, the one piece of physical evidence that might tell Aaten-White who shot her seems to have disappeared into thin air. Worse still, she says she’s been waiting for officers to interview her about the shooting, but so far none have materialized.

Source

But we sure have police reports on every law-disobeying suspect in the area, don't we? Hopefully this woman will get the justice from the police she is seeking. Sounds a lot like the JFK cops who confiscated all sorts of evidence and then disappeared into the shadows. Are we surprised?

Edit: Here is the Instagram she took
edit on 26-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00
Like I said in a previous thread, I would not be surprise that all the case files and the bullet is sitting in the bottom of a box that the state or federal authorities received from the St. Louis County. I believe that when the state and the federal government got involved; the state and federal government asked for everything pertaining to the Mike Brown protests. Someone in the county police department passed the buck without telling the state or federal government officials. The paperwork on the case and the bullet will probably be found in a few months.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Unless....

The bullet came from a gun that they don't want anybody to know about ?

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Unless....

Hmmm.

Yep.

A cop's.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Unless....

Hmmm.

yep its either that or the incompetence level is beyond that of rationality

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It probably went the way of Louis Lerner's emails... Never to be seen again.

That the conclusion it will leave most with at any rate. One would think they would take extra special care of something like that given the atmosphere surrounding this entire thing. I guess it's another instance of common sense taking a holiday.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I guess it's another instance of common sense taking a holiday.

if there is truth to this story common sense has nothing to do with it....it was very
purposeful

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Something to hide much?

See What Military Equipment Your Local Police Department Has Been Stockpiling
...and now we see it in action.

The OP Tweet,

"They've got a surplus of toys to play with, and a powerless demographic to experiment on."

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

if there is truth to this story common sense has nothing to do with it....it was very
purposeful

Common sense has everything to do with it. This is one case where there should have never been tampering (if there was) as the eyes of the nation and the world are watching. Common sense would say that this should be played by the book and let the patrol that was on duty at the time in that area take the fall. Not blunder it up like this where now it is a nationwide news story with no one in site to take the fall as of yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

purposeful

Common sense has everything to do with it. This is one case where there should have never been tampering (if there was) as the eyes of the nation and the world are watching. Common sense would say that this should be played by the book and let the patrol that was on duty at the time in that area take the fall. Not blunder it up like this where now it is a nationwide news story with no one in site to take the fall as of yet.

like i said common sense has nothing to do with it....if it had been a bullet from anywhere else but law enforcement it would have been the first thing we heard about and would have been replayed over and over until our ears hurt

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

purposeful

like i said common sense has nothing to do with it....if it had been a bullet from anywhere else but law enforcement it would have been the first thing we heard about and would have been replayed over and over until our ears hurt

We'll just have to agree to agree. I stated in my post above that if they had common sense and the cops did it then they should have let those officers take the fall instead of letting it hit the airwaves and get so much bigger than it would have been. It would have been smarter to do that than to act like there is no bullet or the bullet was lost. People are paying close attention to this case. Common sense would have said that the story they are spinning about losing the bullet is bullshiite. Common sense would have said that it would have been much easier to let those responsible for the shooting take the fall instead of waiting for the public to call not only for a revamp of the whole department but for heads to roll as well.

But common sense is in short supply.

So I am agreeing that it was most likely the police and that is why they can't find it now. Like Lerner's emails as I said above. Lerner didn't "misplace" her emails anymore than these police misplaced a bullet. I am not sure where we are disagreeing here??

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

i see...it would appear we were disagreeing on the term common sense and how it is used......and i agree with you whole heartedly

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

so this lady can take an instagram of herself in the ambulance after being shot in the head.

the title of the article would suggest it was a military armor piercing round.

she doesn't remember any cars and wonders why everyone is saying it's a drive by shooting.
ok, i wonder why they said it too. lol.

glad she survived.

new topics

top topics

join