It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sinkhole..This Time in Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is getting weird, ATS. Another SINKHOLE! This is in Indiana in the town of....well, it actually borders 3 different towns..

The location of the sinkhole has made the situation more problematic. The Castos’ land borders on three different Indiana towns -- with part of their property in Dyer and another part in in Schererville. Munster is located across the street.

Here's a snippet from the article.

The sinkhole in Frank and Letitia Casto’s yard used to be about four feet wide and six feet deep. It now measures about 40 feet wide and 30 feet deep.

“it just keeps dropping and swallowing trees, and this is where we are at,” Letitia Casto told ABC News station WLS.

The hole was initially filled with rocks and covered with grass, but it kept growing, swallowing up trees.

“We’ve been complaining to different people for all this time, and everybody just keeps kind of ignoring us,” Frank Casto told WLS. “It could have been a little problem, but it’s turned into a monster, at this point.”

I don't know what to say. What's the end-game for all of these sinkholes? Are these sinkholes just the beginning of some major changes? Or is this just a freak-happening that will soon be over? What says ATS?

gma.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think they're signs of impending changes. I know sinkholes have always happened. In Florida when they're reported it's either weird because of something that happened during it or it's something the media's reporting despite it happening regularly.

The earth seems to be reacting to something we're doing. S + F

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Was that a manhole in the sinkhole? I couldn't expand the picture so couldn't tell.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It looked as though there was a stormwater drain in the video clip.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I know it has been happening since forever, but could it be that oil/gas drilling accalerates the proces?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Woah another one! The creepy thing is that they are happening in all parts of the world, i realise they have always happened but surely never this frequently and so spaced out.. Maybe we are all going to be sucked in too the hollow Earth soon.. Lol..
Very strange anyway, i was thinking about this just the other day aswell.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

"cough" manhole "/end cough"

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Something I thought about that maybe nobody has considered.

It's no secret that the infrastructure in America is in very poor shape. Bridges are rusting away, roads are falling apart and so on.

I would imagine all the old sewer lines & storm drains are also in terrible shape and have many, many leaks. When the leaking water eats away at the soil around the pipes and drains there are bound to be sink holes develop and cave-ins.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Better blame all those problems on Obama.... Cheeky sarcasm,
a reply to: mwood

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Water in some form seems to be the root cause of these phenoms......I wouldn't doubt theres a disused sewer or storm drain beneath the problem....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"Sigh"

The guy who says infrastructure is to blame gets the most stars.

"Sigh"

Infrastructure is probably to blame for all the other phenomenon to, like quakes in unusual places (like OK, OH), mass animal die-offs and oh yeah, the loud sonic booms. There are many more, but oh well, it's probably infrastructure.

"Sigh"

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is a massive sink hole in the bottom of Lake Michigan. Water is being lost there at an expodential rate and no one has yet to say why? Look at Lake Shore Drive every year. There are cracks in it almost like an earthquake, no matter how many times they relay it down.

Something is going on on that fault line that runs through Chicago.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Well, this problem could just be caused by a leaking storm drain. If so, it would not be a natural occurrence as the thread seems to imply. I suppose it should be fixed though, the city or whoever put the storm drain in should be fixing it properly.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

As the energy level of the planet starts to increase, liquification phenomenon could increase. Conditions need to be right for this to occur but also not everything needs to turn to quicksand. Events like these sinkholes can just become more common. More storms means more energy stored in the crystals of the earth which can cause a liquification of sand and soils to increase. More landslides also. The storms hitting the shore can also load energy into the faults.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Interesting find lostbook

@ times I wonder if there are sinkholes undersea-rivers-lakes? Will be nice to see if RUSSIA has located any new forms in EA*RTH Siberia region. Seems like there is a lot of movement occurring or mineral/gas displacement...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: lostbook

Interesting find lostbook

@ times I wonder if there are sinkholes undersea-rivers-lakes? Will be nice to see if RUSSIA has located any new forms in EA*RTH Siberia region. Seems like there is a lot of movement occurring or mineral/gas displacement...

Thank you. I gotta admit I'm a bit concerned. I don't think these sinkhole events can be explained away as simply infrastructure problems because they are happening everywhere, even in places like Siberia and the Mexico desert which don't have infrastructure set in place as far as I know.

new topics

top topics

join