It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King + Tim Hortons = Merger???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

In what could be a whopper of a deal for Tim Hortons, Burger King is in talks to buy the iconic Canadian company.

A joint statement by the companies says they hope to form a new corporation that would be based in Canada — although they would continue to operate as standalone brands.

If a merger is completed, the new company would become the world's third-largest quick-service restaurant chain, with more than 18,000 locations and sales of about $22 billion.

Nothing's official yet, but both stocks, apparently, went up a lot today on that news.

Tim Hortons, Burger King deal would base burger chain in Canada
edit on 25/8/2014 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster

What happened with the Wendy's merger I wonder?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
They could create a new dish.....

A "Merger Burger" with Canadian Bacon !!!

Lower taxes = Lower prices ?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No, no, no,Timmy's is sacred

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Corporations do not need america anymore. They took everything from the middle class in 08crash now it is time to move along and plunder elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yup. More corporations moving out of the USA. You would think that a business that derived it's income from a country would have to pay taxes in that country. Now all the businesses will move out to other countries with their profits.
this is good for Canada though, they will get some increases in their business taxes.

The only corporations that will be left here are those that do not pay taxes. We couldn't settle for a smaller corporate tax and look what happens. The corporate taxes are just passed on to the consumer anyway. But they can't compete as much if their cost is higher. So they move.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I heard on the money channel that their effective tax rate is 27% for the US. Their tax rate in Canada is 26%. Maybe it was 26.5%.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hello? Friendly talks?

Investor Warren Buffett is helping finance Burger King Worldwide Inc.'s planned takeover of Canadian coffee-and-doughnut chain Tim Hortons Inc., according to people familiar with the matter, in a surprise twist that thrusts the billionaire into a debate over U.S. taxes.
(Bolding mine)

Sour ce

I came across this article teaser but I am not a subscriber, so am unable to read the rest. If anyone is subbed, please share your findings?

edit on 25-8-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In essence there's really only one corporation on earth as all power/control is derived from the same source but I can imagine in the future it's public as in if you want anything you have to get it from them.

Lunch? Dinner? Shoes? Doctor's visit? Housing? "Our corporation can provide it!" They already do but one day it won't be denied. Places like Wal-Mart are the natural progression like how most stores were serviced by the owner then they moved to self service. It's natural you'd want to conveniently buy goods/services under the same roof. But convenience can lead to laziness which leads to utmost control and manipulation.

I can't blame humanity though, the alternatives are difficult. Not many people can make their own way in the wild away from society and be healthy. Before convenience life was a constant struggle. Now it still is but it's due to debt slavery.

All the best.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
lol I used to live in Canuckistan. Loved me some sour cream, glazed donuts with a french vanilla cappucino from Timmy's. Have the riots started yet?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If Tim's become Amercanized, expect sales to drop and protest to unmerger.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What this I just heard on the radio? That the merger is to become the Netflix competition of Canada with Shaw to act as its data bank? I'm only on my first coffee, so will have to check on this confusing mindstream more as I wake up. If true it would explain Buffett's investment. Or is this something about Rogers and Shaw?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

What?!?! No! Why can't Canadian stores stay Canadian?

Our country is slowly being sold off to the highest bidder. It seems like when ever a Canadian tradition gets too big it gets bought out buy our neighbours too the south... We now have an influx of American complanies that are going to kill our Canadian buisnesses...

Please Timmies don't be a sell out company..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

I feel it is my responsibility to warn my neighbors, the Canadians. Never forget the 08Crash. They stole the american middle class retirements, our jobs, sent our youth into perpetual wars, slashed our social programs and gave the rich tax cuts. The first thing the Corps will do, is find the taxpayers "discretionary spending money". They will find a way to attack your health care and all your social programs. Because they will want all that for themselves. Under the guise that now the Canadian tax rate is too high. They are looking for new middle classes to plunder. The Nordic countries will be next.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: snypwsd

I feel it is my responsibility to warn my neighbors, the Canadians. Never forget the 08Crash. They stole the american middle class retirements, our jobs, sent our youth into perpetual wars, slashed our social programs and gave the rich tax cuts. The first thing the Corps will do, is find the taxpayers "discretionary spending money". They will find a way to attack your health care and all your social programs. Because they will want all that for themselves. Under the guise that now the Canadian tax rate is too high. They are looking for new middle classes to plunder. The Nordic countries will be next.

Yep. Sure will. And by the time the Canucks figure out what the hell happened, they will be left with a high amount of debt, unemployment, collapsed educational infrastructure, and forced into a war for the resources that were stolen.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Weird, never heard of Tim Horton's until yesterday on Flashpoint (I'm a big fan of your Enrico Colantoni). I hope, for your, sake Tim Horton's doesn't have a mascot because Burger King will render it into an eldritch abomination which will haunt the dreams of your young and old alike.

top topics

join