It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worth of people?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Thank you for being more capable than I... after I posted the video i thought the meaning wouldn't make sense here, and i couldn't figure out how to.

I am confused "Investments are made in the form of welfare, but it has exceedingly poor 'return.' Putting instant access to information into the hands of the needy would supply a tool rather than a blank check of sorts."

So a welfare overhaul? Maybe instead of several different heads competing for money, have one center to collect and distribute the aid. From food stamps to house checks.

Provide the poor information like what? Issues on Teen Pregnancy, or how the wealthy are spending their wealth? Show them how in control their government is? Or expose special programs and explain why their was a need to lie and use propaganda to persuade the general mass? What information are you talking about? I am trying to follow you down the hole but can't figure out where the key goes.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Let me know when you start your thread... best luck on the hunt

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

Information in the most general of terms: inventions, ideas, research, art, music, etc.

See, one of the problems is that since these issues all arise from problems in the core of society, they have affected everything. So, if we were to actually fix things as a society, it will impact every system from welfare to technology to the economy.

In the case of something like welfare, we could start looking at it as an investment rather than a cost to be minimized. In this way, one of the goals would be to foster indepedence and self-sufficiency instead of dependence. It would be a smarter investment to supply tools for people to build their own work rather than just giving them money.

I made some threads a while back, if you want to check them out. Think of them as a test run.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Trying to insert a link.

Investments for the poor.

Gardens in Jamaica

Programs like these are investments into the poor. These investments are suppose to allow the poor people of the community to become more dependent.

T hen this happens.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I was wrong, $2.35 is way off its closer to like $160.00, at least according to this

www.datagenetics.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Thanks for linking Brotherman

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

=D sorry I was so rude before, I used a calculator before and couldn't find the same link that gave me my first number but got that site with the same search query, weird. i did post originally to make y'all laugh wasn't trying to derail ya there sry about all that.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I chuckled... Its all good, thank you again for the taking the time. Best of wishes to you and your Gal

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join