It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac Killer Was Not As Brilliant As You Think (And Why He Has Not Been Caught)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: sparky31
what cause of his grammar he should have been caught? cause someone can,t write a sentence like their suppose to then they are inferior?hes managed to out smart the greatest minds so can,t be that thick.

The point the police were making was that because of his codes, he was very educated. That's why two people who were considered suspects had been very well-educated.

The Zodiac had an inflated ego and grandiose fantastical views of himself, so why would the Zodiac lower himself to making easy common mistakes, if he were well-educated.

Apparently he could draw, some postcards reflect that. So if he had the inflated self-ego, then it would have been psychologically difficult to present himself as having a lower intelligence, if he were educated.

who knows why he would do anything but he was obviously smart enough to never be caught.

That's a very good point regarding his ego and not wanting to lower himself to making easy common mistakes. However, he clearly enjoyed taunting the police and may have considered the misspellings, etc. part of that process. If it was Gaikowski, an editor by trade, intentionally making mistakes that he would not make in real life would be a way of disguising his identity. I don't buy the argument that such people want to get caught.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Then there is also the red mask Zodiac Card:

The red mask was colored in by Zodiac. Red Mask is also what Tim Holt was called in his comic series as you can see by the comic I linked to above.

That was really interesting.

What I noticed at the bottom looked like Norse Runes to me, so I looked it up. I am not someone who typically uses runes, but I think this guy did. So if someone reads this who understands runes, please correct me if I am wrong, ok?

I looked for that, in Morse Code the dots are E I E...but the first rune is backwards, the Laguz, the second rune is Anzus. They are lying on their sides pointing down. So maybe he just stylized them.

But the meaning of Laguz and Ansuz.

Laguz means water, which someone proposed he was drawn to water. But I don't know the significance of it being backwards. The Ansuz means god and according to Dr. Nikki's Rune Stones it is associated with Loki. The last symbol is definitely a Celtic Cross.

This guy was playing as Loki. He certainly was a trickster.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

If you look at my other post with the cattle brand you can see where it came from. Runes have been looked at numerous times. I can tell you that every single symbol he uses matches either a ranch brand or a mining symbol.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another place to look is the 506th PIR military division from WW2.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Then there is also the red mask Zodiac Card:

The red mask was colored in by Zodiac. Red Mask is also what Tim Holt was called in his comic series as you can see by the comic I linked to above.

That was really interesting.

What I noticed at the bottom looked like Norse Runes to me, so I looked it up. I am not someone who typically uses runes, but I think this guy did. So if someone reads this who understands runes, please correct me if I am wrong, ok?

I looked for that, in Morse Code the dots are E I E...but the first rune is backwards, the Laguz, the second rune is Anzus. They are lying on their sides pointing down. So maybe he just stylized them.

But the meaning of Laguz and Ansuz.

Laguz means water, which someone proposed he was drawn to water. But I don't know the significance of it being backwards. The Ansuz means god and according to Dr. Nikki's Rune Stones it is associated with Loki. The last symbol is definitely a Celtic Cross.

This guy was playing as Loki. He certainly was a trickster.

Laguz doesn't have a straight horizontal line like a numerical seven.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If you look at my other post with the cattle brand you can see where it came from. Runes have been looked at numerous times. I can tell you that every single symbol he uses matches either a ranch brand or a mining symbol.

Maybe he was the kind of guy who couldn't come up with anything original so like when he would see something he would say "Oh, nifty symbol, let me use that one".....

So far, the only consistent thing is that he wears eyeglasses.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Maybe he was the kind of guy who couldn't come up with anything original so like when he would see something he would say "Oh, nifty symbol, let me use that one".....

The symbol on the Halloween card did not look exactly like the cattle brand. The symbol on the card had dots added. If you're going to claim that all the symbols were cattle brands, you're going to have to come up with exact matches. I already pointed out that the symbol also did not match the Norse rune Laguz as someone claimed. By the way, Norse runes each have multiple meanings. For all we know, he disguised his appearance when he killed people. He might not have worn glasses all the time. It seems odd that he only wore the costume once. Perhaps his appearance during other killings were costumes, too, although not as bizarre and intended to help him blend in with other people.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

The symbol on the Halloween card did not look exactly like the cattle brand. The symbol on the card had dots added. If you're going to claim that all the symbols were cattle brands, you're going to have to come up with exact matches. I already pointed out that the symbol also did not match the Norse rune Laguz as someone claimed. By the way, Norse runes each have multiple meanings. For all we know, he disguised his appearance when he killed people. He might not have worn glasses all the time. It seems odd that he only wore the costume once. Perhaps his appearance during other killings were costumes, too, although not as bizarre and intended to help him blend in with other people.

I wasn't the one who said the cattle brand was the same, I noticed the dots as well.

In Morse Code, those dots are E I E. I only proposed Laguz, but gave the disclaimer that I don't know much about Runes, but that the other one does look like Ansuz.

Yes, wearing the costume once is really a funny thing. But what if that were once some type of costume from a very old science fiction B movie? That would go well with his references to movies.

If the guy were into old movies, then who knows if he was able to buy or steal costumes from the old movie studios. There were several films shot at Spahn Ranch, including some horror movies like The Creeping Terror which the assistant director was Randy Starr who had given Charles Manson the gun used in the Sharon Tate Murders.

It wouldn't seem too outrageous that some guy working on a film or in the film industry that could have gotten the shoes from some wardrobe department. And the costume looks vaguely like something from an old B movie, then perhaps Gaikowsky might have worked with someone in the film industry.

I proposed in my OP that there were faint connections to Charles Manson, so I will keep an open mind on that.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I never said it was an exact match. I said all the symbols are brands and brands are read in a certain manner. Brands can be combined to make any number of combinations within a cipher of brands. Each symbol can be multiple words.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yes, wearing the costume once is really a funny thing. But what if that were once some type of costume from a very old science fiction B movie? That would go well with his references to movies.

If the guy were into old movies, then who knows if he was able to buy or steal costumes from the old movie studios. There were several films shot at Spahn Ranch, including some horror movies like The Creeping Terror which the assistant director was Randy Starr who had given Charles Manson the gun used in the Sharon Tate Murders.

It wouldn't seem too outrageous that some guy working on a film or in the film industry that could have gotten the shoes from some wardrobe department. And the costume looks vaguely like something from an old B movie, then perhaps Gaikowsky might have worked with someone in the film industry.

I'm pretty sure that a link between a B-movie costume and the Zodiac costume would have been discovered by now. He certainly could have made the costume or converted parts of other costumes into a new costume.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I never said it was an exact match. I said all the symbols are brands and brands are read in a certain manner. Brands can be combined to make any number of combinations within a cipher of brands. Each symbol can be multiple words.

Either the symbols the Zodiac used are matches for known brands or they're not. Of course lines and curves can be combined in multiple combinations but that pretty much makes your alleged brand link meaningless. Can you connect your Zodiac candidate to any of the victims or locations? It's not enough to say that your candidate was alive at the time and lived in California.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Either the symbols the Zodiac used are matches for known brands or they're not. Of course lines and curves can be combined in multiple combinations but that pretty much makes your alleged brand link meaningless. Can you connect your Zodiac candidate to any of the victims or locations? It's not enough to say that your candidate was alive at the time and lived in California.

How many people were in California in 1969?

That's why it's hard to pin it down on one person. I just don't know much about the suspects or the victims, having not read much except for the letters and seeing the documentaries, I really don't know much, but only offered my insights on the letters.

I propose that he really was not a brilliant person, but even this thread proves how people have built up his intelligence. We have to take all the clues as a whole before we individually interpret each facet.

Clues are:
1: Middle aged white man who wears glasses
2: built kind of stocky
3: wears 10 1/2 Wingwalkers
4: Has crappy bad handwriting
5: loves movies, comic books and plays
6: knows Old Norse
7: Loves to draw
8: Loves symbolism.

The guy is a ComiCon follower. If he were around today, you could find him at ComiCon conventions.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Yes, I can connect him to all the locations. Zodiac also traveled to locations for kills. As far as the symbols....this is where I think people have gone wrong. There is no set of symbols that will match the way it was written. His symbols are part of a language of brands....like I said, you can combine them for any meaning you want to read. For instance his symbol that looks like an anchor would be a reverse J connected J in brand speak. Now what that would actually translate to in Zodiac's translation book is probably only written into whatever brand book he used to create the ciphers in the first place.

See I can even connect the mention of paradice to 3 separate military units in the army and airforce. Some were from WW2 and some from Korean War and some from Vietnam war.

I have plenty more but I don't have the time to sit and put everything down on the internet....like I said before, this is a hobby for me, not in it to win a game or anything. I am not here to argue any point or make anyone believe me, but I will say that I don't think any of the current suspects are correct based off of what I have been able to find digging into some pasts. I have been very diligent in finding facts and contacting family about my questions. Even contacted historical societies for old pics and information on towns, street names of the times, maiden names, etc....

Fact is, nobody will ever be able to prove Zodiac was one person or another unless something is uncovered at some point, like a box with Stein's bloody shirt swatch or something of the sort.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Vasa, I appreciate that you've taken the time to post. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here is another little piece of the puzzle, though I am not saying by any means that this particular picture is related.....check out the name painted on the chopper.

So, there are only a handful of units from WW2, Korean War and Vietnam that used this name....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Yes, I appreciate when people know more about this. I am just speculating and I think I made it clear from my posts.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Yes, I appreciate when people know more about this. I am just speculating and I think I made it clear from my posts.

I was just looking over some things. I wanted to see what exactly the lyrics were from the songs in The Mikado and the Titwillow song, the original lyrics say "Dicky-bird".

On a tree by a river a little tom-tit
Sang "Willow, titwillow, titwillow"
And I said to him, "Dicky-bird, why do you sit
Singing 'Willow, titwillow, titwillow'"
"Is it weakness of intellect, birdie?" I cried
"Or a rather tough worm in your little inside"
With a shake of his poor little head, he replied
"Oh, willow, titwillow, titwillow!"

OK, now that might lead to him, however, it is still speculation. What doesn't make sense is this, the first two victims, David Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen were on their first date, she attended Hogan High School. It doesn't make sense that he randomly just came upon a car (even though that happens) and killed two teenagers randomly.Faraday went to Vallejo High School.

Maybe he didn't have that persona at the time. However, the fact that he was prepared, shows that it wasn't just random. It does make sense that he knew one of them and knew they would be there. I don't see that Betty Lou Jensen would have known him at all, but it could be that he worked in her high school.

David Faraday Family
Betty Lou Jensen Family

Betty Lou Jensen's father was Lt. Colonel Verne Jensen as mentioned here in her mother's obituary

Now say, as he was a Lt. Colonel, and the obituary doesn't say for what branch, then suppose this, her father was the C.O. of the Zodiac or worked with him. That was not unusual back in those days to have family members visit offices. So it wouldn't be unreasonable.

Verne Jensen was a Lt. Colonel at one time, however, in 1971 he was a programmer for General Services Administration. You can see this on Ancestry.com.

That may be a huge stretch of the imagination, but at this point you can question everything. I am still going on the premise that the Zodiac was middle-aged, from the eyewitness descriptions. I think he stalked the young girl and was going to kill her for going out with another boy. It just seemed too coincidental, so there has to be a connection.

I am going through the newspaper clippings on Ancestry.com, one of the newspaper reports from the next day have the killing and the ad next to it, (this is Independent Star News, Pasadena) has the the suits of a deck of cards, with the diamond at the top. The caption is "Silly Dilly" and the bottom says "He's really playing for high stakes". According to this report, the person who found them was a woman named Mr. Manuel Borges who was driving home from the movies with her children, and that Faraday and Jensen were trailed there from the concert at the high school.

The article does say how they were found and in what position they were lying. So he could have gotten that information from the newspaper report, including how many shots were fired.

The next newspaper report has the same information, but the column next has an article about the new hearing set for Wells and Eldridge Cleaver of the Black Panthers. It seems this guy might have just bought all the newspapers in the area and read the account and then had the information, because it was not something only known to police, it was reported in two newspapers the next day.

David Faraday was a wrestler in high school and an Eagle Scout. His father worked for Empire P&G. It really is too convenient that these two would just be a random shooting.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I will say I think there is a VERY good chance that Z worked as a subordinate to the father of some victims and knew most victims through a military connection of sorts.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes, I can connect him to all the locations. Zodiac also traveled to locations for kills. As far as the symbols....this is where I think people have gone wrong. There is no set of symbols that will match the way it was written. His symbols are part of a language of brands....like I said, you can combine them for any meaning you want to read. For instance his symbol that looks like an anchor would be a reverse J connected J in brand speak. Now what that would actually translate to in Zodiac's translation book is probably only written into whatever brand book he used to create the ciphers in the first place.

See I can even connect the mention of paradice to 3 separate military units in the army and airforce. Some were from WW2 and some from Korean War and some from Vietnam war.

I have plenty more but I don't have the time to sit and put everything down on the internet....like I said before, this is a hobby for me, not in it to win a game or anything. I am not here to argue any point or make anyone believe me, but I will say that I don't think any of the current suspects are correct based off of what I have been able to find digging into some pasts. I have been very diligent in finding facts and contacting family about my questions. Even contacted historical societies for old pics and information on towns, street names of the times, maiden names, etc....

Fact is, nobody will ever be able to prove Zodiac was one person or another unless something is uncovered at some point, like a box with Stein's bloody shirt swatch or something of the sort.

You can connect your suspect to all locations?. So far you haven't connected him to any of the locations or victims. Let's see what you've got.

You claim that Zodiac traveled to locations to kill. What is your evidence of that?

Your claim that the symbols he used are part of a system of brands simply doesn't hold up. You admit that they don't match any brands existing at that time. What you are claiming, essentially, is that any combination of straight lines and/or curved lines are brands. That would make the letters and words you're reading here brands. You do realize, don't you, that symbols and sigils and letters and words consist of combinations of straight lines and/or curved lines. What distinguishes brands from other symbols, from sigils, letters, and words?

Let's see the "paradice" connection to three separate military units and the connection of your suspect to those units.

You don't think any of the current suspects are correct "based on digging into some pasts". OK, take Gaikowski for example. What about his past excludes him? Or, if you prefer, Arthur Leigh Allen. Those are the top suspects.

I'm simply asking you to back up some of the claims you have made about a specific suspect. It's your claim that you've invested a lot of time in this so I assume you have information that will make your suspect a leading contender. I think I can safely speak for others in this forum when I say we'd love to see some of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Here is another little piece of the puzzle, though I am not saying by any means that this particular picture is related.....check out the name painted on the chopper.

So, there are only a handful of units from WW2, Korean War and Vietnam that used this name....

That's intriguing. What is your suspect's connection to that unit?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join