It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac Killer Was Not As Brilliant As You Think (And Why He Has Not Been Caught)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Recently I was watching some documentaries about the Zodiac Killer, who called himself simply "The Zodiac" and in seeing the letters written to the various newspapers, I saw what people haven't picked up on. The police believe the ciphers indicate a brilliant mind.

Look at his grammar with easy mistakes.

From this website Zodiac Killer Letters

In the July 31, 1969 letter, he states "girl was lyeing on her right side". That shows the person did not have a formal education. From the same letter, he misspells cipher as cyipher. Anyone who has any knowledge of cipher-creation or cipher code breaking would not misspell the very word for what they are creating.

OK, so he uses Greek letters, Sailing flag symbols and Morse Code. So this makes people think the guy knew nautical signs and used Morse Code, and then given the fact his shoes were apparently military used by Navy and Air Force, the famous 10 1/2 inch Wing Walkers. However, these shoes could have also been bought from an Army/Navy surplus store. There was very little treadwear.

Now, if it came from the same guy, then why in the very next letter does he then spell it cipher? It can be spelled cypher or cipher, so then why spell it different in the letters?

And in the second one, he misspells Christmas, spells it as "Christmass", well this is very interesting, as we know that the actual meaning is "The Mass of Christ, or Christ's Mass, but the acceptable way to spell is Christmas. Then the cipher is decoded as wanting slaves for the afterlife.

These things are leading me to think there were two people, perhaps twins, which would make a lot of sense, however as there was only one man at each crime, they were taking turns. The reason I say that is the inconsistent spellings from letter to letter. And I am leaning to the idea that they were some types of Neo-Pagans. The symbol designed looks like the cross-hairs of a gun, however it is also reminiscent of a Celtic Cross, and this is perhaps why they said "Christmass".

OK, third note August 4, 1969 to San Francisco Examiner, he misspells having. This is really someone who uses poor grammar and betrays the notion that he is brilliant or well-educated. He also misspells originally as originialy. Then he writes tireing. His spelling is clearly indicative of someone who had not received a good education for the time, because grammar and spelling were fundamentally important in those days. For these spelling mistakes, this was not a college student for the times, as some have speculated.

In the Stine Letter, he says the police were riding "motorcicles".

I can keep going through every letter to prove this point, the man was not well-educated or did very poorly in high school. He wasn't as intellectual or brilliant as people wanted to believe his cipher creating abilities were. As no one can say how old he was, but some witnesses indicated he might have been middle-aged, then it might make sense that he had been a WWII soldier and used nautical symbols, and that he must have had a partner. I will venture to guess (and this is only my guess) is that one of them was a former WWII soldier in the Pacific theater. He may have been interested in code breaking as the occupation, however, he isn't consistent in spelling it.

And this is where I am making that guess from, in the Little List letter, he mentions tying them over ant hills and having pine needles driven under their nails. This is exactly what happened to POWs in Bataan. My grandfather was a POW in Bataan and he did talk about this type of torture and wrote in his memoirs about this. When the POWs were liberated, they were sent to San Francisco before being sent home.

My grandfather was first taken to Fuskishima Pine Camp #1 and liberated from Bilibid Prison. I have his service records from the National Archives that show his various movements and the day he was liberated and the date of his mustering out in San Francisco. It makes sense to me that the guy might just have been a POW in Bataan. He mentions two of the tortures that the Japanese soldiers inflicted. Then there is the famous Mikado musical.

He was defintely Neo Pagan, by his knowledge of Germanic and Norse, and as Zodiac, and his use of Norse runes in his Halloween letter.

In that same letter, he has N the correct way and N the incorrect way.

But then, as I was studying this whole thing, why did the killings occur at the same time as Charles Manson's terror? Then I come across a particular letter, the Top Secret letter. In it he mentions two things...Susan Atkins, he calls her a Judas. Wait, that is what The Family called her, and Eldridge Cleaver.

I thought it a little too convenient that the murders happened at relatively the same time. However, one could say they are not related at all, because the Zodiac was clean cut and targeted non-hippies, without political motive as Charles Manson did. Could it just be possible that Charles Manson and the Zodiac met in San Francisco? We might never know, but it is just a little too convenient.

Why does he even mention going to LA from San Francisco? To kill Susan Atkins and Darrel Gates? And also this, why does he call the police officers Piggy, as The Family did?

Faint connection there, but will be investigating further.

And the reason he was never caught, the police were looking for a brilliant person. This guy was definitely not brilliant nor well-educated.

edit on 8/25/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Always good to keep an open mind... Good luck with your investigations.
a reply to: WarminIndy

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Lots of speculation about the Unabomber Ted Kaczynski being a suspect.

google " unabomber zodiac killer "

ZODIAC/UNABOMBER : The Mirror Crack'd

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
Always good to keep an open mind... Good luck with your investigations.

This is actually the first time I ever actually read about the Zodiac, even though I had heard about him many times. I just never paid much attention before.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think the guy was a wet spook who lost it and was "removed"

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

He may have misspelled words intentionally to seem less educated...

Or...

English was his second language...

Do you have a link for that "top secret letter"? That seems interesting.

Cool thread.

edit on 25-8-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
Look at his grammar with easy mistakes.
In the July 31, 1969 letter, he states "girl was lyeing on her right side". That shows the person did not have a formal education.
His spelling is clearly indicative of someone who had not received a good education for the time, because grammar and spelling were fundamentally important in those days. For these spelling mistakes, this was not a college student for the times, as some have speculated.

I can keep going through every letter to prove this point, the man was not well-educated or did very poorly in high school.

Because this guy has never been caught should tell you he is no fool. He would probably use anything to mislead the investigators. Making certain grammar/ spelling mistakes in order to make himself appear to be everything you said in the above...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Grammar alone can't tell us that this guy wasn't as intelligent as they claimed. You don't have to excel in all subjects to be brilliant. You can excel in history and fail in science.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So those who were chasing him, they could not spell either, or?

Why was they chasing a 'brilliant' man, even though they knew about all his misspellings?

And what if he did it on purpose, so you would be misguided.
Maybe you're misguided! He got you!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think he wasn't caught because he was from the gov. I know people are capable of great evil, murders happen. But someone so anomalous yet out in the open does not make any sense whatsoever.

From the gov, commit horrible acts, scare the population and slowly inculcate them into believing a greater police presence, more security and less privacy is the only way to stop such terrible things.

Kaczynski, all the MKUltra haze surrounding his infanthood, attending the club of Harvard, perfect looking patsie. Scare the world into thinking off the grid, your own way is crazy, crazy, crazy.

And Bundy too. A total movie star. Great performer. A real killer who kept the country on edge for many years with his antics.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here you go, the link

Top Secret Letter

His misspellings actually have different handwriting. I do not believe it was the same guy.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThisIsMyRifle
Grammar alone can't tell us that this guy wasn't as intelligent as they claimed. You don't have to excel in all subjects to be brilliant. You can excel in history and fail in science.

That's the thing, if he really were well-educated, as some have proposed, then why easy and common mistakes? He wrote exactly like 3/4 of the "intelligent" devolved people who comment all over the internet, and we can tell how uneducated they really are.

The spelling mistakes are made in common words, such as haveing instead of having. I learned in the third grade not to make that mistake and in 1969, educational standards were higher than they are now. Then, back in those days, to make such spelling mistakes were not acceptable.

I was born in 1967 and by the third grade, we were already taught grammar and cursive handwriting. It was expected of us then. We have to go on the standards of the day in which he wrote the letters, not by today's standards.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

Never seen that letter before.

Very creepy... it does seem like he was, at the very least, a fan of the Manson family.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Let's take someone who has Asperger, person with Asperger doesn´t care about unimportant word`s grammar, but even then his IQ might be above average.
What about Gaikowsky ? LINK
hand writing
Postcard

I doubt that serial killer would use same writing angle or same hand for writing.. so who knows if any of the samples meets handwriting of a normal life.

He was anti-police and proviolence.
edit on 25-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Let's take someone who has Asperger, person with Asperger doesn´t care about unimportant word`s grammar, but even then his IQ might be above average.
hand writing
Postcard

I doubt that serial killer would use same writing angle or same hand for writing.. so who knows if any of the samples meets handwriting or a normal life.

You know it. I know Aspies who are super smart but don't care about grammar. I'm one of the Aspies who tries hard to be grammatically correct though lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

Thanks for the link.

Never seen that letter before.

Very creepy... it does seem like he was, at the very least, a fan of the Manson family.

Yes, but they both were in San Francisco at the same time, then Manson went to LA. That was something I found too convenient.

Then he mentions in the SLA letter, that SLA is Norse for kill. He's yanking symbolism from everywhere, but to know the Old Norse word, that is really interesting.

He does come across as a NeoNazi, before skinheads. He had a crew cut and was did costume himself as some type of militaristic executioner.

The Zodiac symbol was a variation of the Nazi symbol for motorcycle infantry. His first weapon was a Luger, but I am sure at that time, people would have picked up on that.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

hand writing
Postcard

I doubt that serial killer would use same writing angle or same hand for writing.. so who knows if any of the samples meets handwriting of a normal life.

I saw the documentary about Gaikowsky. Yes, we have to look at every angle, I agree.

Certainly he could have had Asperger's.

If it were Gaikowsky, then that would give credence to the Germanic elements. But it doesn't answer for the Japanese element, perhaps a relative of Gaikowsky?

The other thing is that no one has seen the costume since that time. It may be in someone's attic now, who knows? Gaikowsky makes sense as far as Neo Nazi, however, we shouldn't accuse him of that without evidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hey, if you are researching the Zodiac Killer I recommend taking a look at this book in the link.

It's me, Edward Wayne Edwards the serial killer you never heard of

Edwards, a misguided boy, vowed to be the best criminal ever. He killed scores and scores of people of all ages over a sixty-six-year period, and was never caught (for murder). Included are some of the most famous murder cases in the past century.

About the Author

John Cameron is a cold-case detective and a former member of Great Falls Police Department.

I don't know whether the author is pulling everyone's leg but he seems to make a pretty good case. Maybe the Zodiac Killer was caught, just not for the Zodiac killings.
edit on 25-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
what cause of his grammar he should have been caught? cause someone can,t write a sentence like their suppose to then they are inferior?hes managed to out smart the greatest minds so can,t be that thick.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
what cause of his grammar he should have been caught? cause someone can,t write a sentence like their suppose to then they are inferior?hes managed to out smart the greatest minds so can,t be that thick.

The point the police were making was that because of his codes, he was very educated. That's why two people who were considered suspects had been very well-educated.

The Zodiac had an inflated ego and grandiose fantastical views of himself, so why would the Zodiac lower himself to making easy common mistakes, if he were well-educated.

Apparently he could draw, some postcards reflect that. So if he had the inflated self-ego, then it would have been psychologically difficult to present himself as having a lower intelligence, if he were educated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join