It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You believe in "an invisible man living in a magic sky kingdom"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: MikeHawke

your just following what someone else says (which is called second hand knowledge)

You know what the wonderful thing is about science.

You don't have to follow or believe anything anyone else says.

If you doubt any part of it all you need is the motivation to prove or disprove it. That may mean you need to educate yourself enough to do so but again that falls within the subject of "motivation".

Brings me to another wonderful thing about science. If you can disprove some aspect of whats excepted your findings will be celebrated not shunned.

Can the same be said about religions??? I think not.

You know what the bad thing about science is?

One day it will fail completely.

You see, science will never be able to tell us how a huge universe came to be from absolutely nothing. And before you come at me with the big bang theory, first I need science to tell me what caused the big bang to happen, what was there in nothingness that caused it?

I think you will find those answers to be similar to those of religion, something no one can actually prove!

An before I get labelled a religious person, can I just confirm that i'm not a Christian, or any other religion for that matter. However I do believe that something outside of our existence created our world.

Thats because science does not make the claim that the universe comes from nothing.

That is a claim made by creationists.

You may not be religious but your def not educated.

If you do believe that something outside of our existence made the universe then you believe something that you have no evidence to back up. Nothing at all, and that makes you unreasonable at best. See how that works? You should not believe things that you have no good reason to believe. It's like believing in an undetectable force that can't be observed or measured. Why would you believe in it?
edit on 31-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You know what the wonderful thing is about science.

You don't have to follow or believe anything anyone else says.

If you doubt any part of it all you need is the motivation to prove or disprove it. That may mean you need to educate yourself enough to do so but again that falls within the subject of "motivation".

Brings me to another wonderful thing about science. If you can disprove some aspect of whats excepted your findings will be celebrated not shunned.

Can the same be said about religions??? I think not.

clearly you guys are into celebrating new finds. not shunning them.

Upon examination of the horn under a high-powered microscope back at CSUN, Dacus says Armitage was “fascinated” to find soft tissue on the sample – a discovery Bacus said stunned members of the school’s biology department and even some students“because it indicates that dinosaurs roamed the earth only thousands of years in the past rather than going extinct 60 million years ago.”
“Since some creationists, like [Armitage], believe that the triceratops bones are only 4,000 years old at most, [Armitage's] work vindicated his view that these dinosaurs roamed the planet relatively recently,” according to the complaint filed July 22 in Los Angeles Superior Court.
The lawsuit against the CSUN board of trustees cites discrimination for perceived religious views.
Armitage’s findings were eventually published in July 2013 in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
According to court documents, shortly after the original soft tissue discovery, a CSUN official told Armitage, “We are not going to tolerate your religion in this department!”
Armitage, a published scientist of over 30 years, was subsequently let go after CSUN abruptly claimed his appointment at the university of 38 months had been temporary, and claimed a lack of funding for his position, according to attorneys.
“Terminating an employee because of their religious views is completely inappropriate and illegal,” Dacus said in a statement. “But doing so in an attempt to silence scientific speech at a public university is even more alarming. This should be a wake-up call and warning to the entire world of academia.”

Yea, you guys are clearly into accepting new findings and hearing out evidence. no agenda pushing whatsoever here.. Its a giant joke, you're the biggest bunch of hypocrites I've ever seen. Remember this guy? Galileo Galilei and the whole church feud about not accepting evidence? You guys sit there and say the churches are all about control while the people at the top of your religion (yes I'll call it that because you guys believe with the same blind faith) go out and do the same thing. Doctor up findings to support theories, create false evidence for bribes and grant money, falsify documents to bend the data to support their claims. You can put your faith in man. I dont trust him.
edit on 6-9-2014 by MikeHawke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeHawke

Yes a joke indeed seeing as how your article is about a person who didn't even make the discovery. Here try a source that isn't pushing an agenda.

Meanwhile, Schweitzer’s research has been hijacked by “young earth” creationists, who insist that dinosaur soft tissue couldn’t possibly survive millions of years. They claim her discoveries support their belief, based on their interpretation of Genesis, that the earth is only a few thousand years old. Of course, it’s not unusual for a paleontologist to differ with creationists. But when creationists misrepresent Schweitzer’s data, she takes it personally: she describes herself as “a complete and total Christian.” On a shelf in her office is a plaque bearing an Old Testament verse: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com...
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

So as you can see the science was never shunned but creationists jumping to conclusions were. BTW in case you didn't get it the person who discovered it was Mary Schweitzer not Mark Armitage though he was there he didn't do anything but piggyback her work.

Just in case you are honestly interested in answers to the discovery here is a link explaining it.

Mysteriously Intact T. Rex Tissue Finally Explained

I wonder do creationists ever actually look at the science. I am sure some do but generally....
edit on 6-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Ok then wise guy, science makes no claim that the universe comes from nothing?

Well perhaps you would like to explain this article >

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Where Stephen Hawking, one of the smartest scientists on the planet seems to claim the universe was created from nothing.

Maybe now u can stop making baseless claims and educate yourself a little.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

May god forgive you for that little rant

10 hail mary's

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join