It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we done waiting ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Patience is a virtue, so when in doubt...try, try, try again.

Although one should be wary of insanity, where one keeps trying, and expects different results.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Patience is a virtue, so when in doubt...try, try, try again.

Although one should be wary of insanity, where one keeps trying, and expects different results.

Keeps trying the "same" thing while expecting different results. Failing to change tactic if one doesn't work.

You are correct though.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: navione

The Age of Aquarius or this cycle, is supposed to last 2100+ Earth years, so maybe you have a bit more waiting to do, since it just commenced.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonMystic

Well, it alot like punching a concrete wall and the hand makes it to the other side. Now as impossible as it sound, it possible. Sure, your gonna have to punch it continuously, and countless amount time, but if you keep on trying you will get a hole in the sooner or later.

Now it is up to the punchee and the result that they wanted..Or even expected, came to fruition, was even worth it.

Even though there can only be two results, the hand didn't make the hole, or the hand made it thru the hole after a large amount of punchs.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Nothing is gonna help someone that cant help himself first. If you think some forces will give you a hand in the coming crisis you are clueless. 2012 and such were traps to change the mindset of people to being disconnected and inactive. Like any christ believe, they are fine as long as they can rely on someone they think to be their protector even if that someone is an illusion. People will find any excuses ANY to stay comfortable within their own mind. Sad to say but there is no help coming, and if there ever is, believe it or not, it wont be what it seems.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

(I thought you were directly quoting Einstein) XD

But, wow. That is a very interesting point! I don't think I ever would have looked at it that way. I guess in the end it is up to us to decide what needs either more persistence, or just to be abandoned in favor of another method. You are right though, some things do require repetition in order to make a breakthrough. I suppose the insanity part comes into play when you know no further results can be made but continue out of delusion anyway.

A star for you my friend.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I fully believe that the technology, the will and the means exist to "create" a self-sustaining "green " infrastructure. This infrastructure would simply have to have the "right" people plugged into it and it would start up and run perpetually. And then it would Ideally replicate itself until everyone in the country was living within one of these types of systems ( although I do not believe that EVERYONE is fit to live there...maybe including myself ). As we went along we could dismantle the mess that we have created now. And re-establish healthy environments in their place.

If you want specifics... I would start by forming a non-profit strictly for the purpose of building this new "society". Once the organization ( Emerald City Corp ? )is in place I would start by buying as much land mass as possible ( I personally would start with the North Maine woods ) But of course I'm a broke ass bastard that can barely make ends meet( Even though I have a good job and have been fortunate enough not to have gov assistance ( I'm a prideful bastard too)..... so that won't be happening. Then I would post haste recruit as many engineering firms as is reasonable or at least select a few of the best to immediately start designing and developing bio-mass fuel pellet fired home generation plants ( Think boilerless steam engines ). These units would produce heat/elec/and hotwater and would play an indespensible part in establishing tolerable ( for todays generation) homesteading conditions. I would take any clearcuts that have not been replanted and I would move in equipment and turn them into the best fields that we could..terracing where necessary and removing all large rocks down below frost ( yes I know it is alot of work but when our desendants stand on those terraces they will know that we cared enough to do it.) These fields would remain good and easily workable as long as the Earth stood untouched by catastrophe.

The establishment of wooden waterwheels ( They have timeless simplicity and charm ) at most suitable locations would also need to be done. Yes you would need to recruit wood workers of sufficient skill to accomplish this as millwrights of that caliber are few and far between. I would make allowance for the passage of fish species as necessary. The power from these wheels could be used for a number of things. From some of their original purposes ( stone ground grain )to more modern applications such as electric production for greenhouses ( yes we want coconuts and bananas and other tropical treats) or public facilties requiring more energy input such as canneries ( Glass containers) or dairies. Yes, we would still have ice cream ! And yes these would be publicly owned and operated. This has to be a cashless society ( Remember that money has never accomplished any real work it has only been the motivator ). We must be motivated by higher purposes or be removed from the Earth.

I think I would lean toward yurt type of housing as the primary type of dwelling ( hemp canvas ) also composite decks for the floor. These could be insulated with batts of ( yes hemp fiber insulation ) inbetween canvas inner and outer shell. These could be mass produced and easily expanded and changed and with a little planning they could be very livable and comfortable types of dwellings. Composite panel ( Must be of natural fiber stock ) kits is also another type to consider. I would save wood for things that were best to be wood and harvest wood only as fitting. I would however put large crews together to go through and prune trees and do proper upkeep on the forests as it would make them much more enjoyable places to visit. these jobs ( trail building ,tree pruning would be excellent therapy for returning vets and others ) We must only improve nature and not detract from it.

I would of course establish green transportation systems such as bio-mass steam railroads and all-weather bikeways. ( hey if we are going to dream let's dream big and FUN! ) I could go on and on but without real dollars and a lot of willing people this isn't going to happen and it needs to happen FAST!!

The BIGGEST challenge is finding enough people that could actually work together and make it all happen and then live in it and keep it that way. Even if I didn't get to live in it I would like to know that someone would ( I have hope of even greater things a City that has foundations who's builder and maker is God) But if you want a human solution ...I think I have given a rough outline for the best hope..

Harry

edit on 26-8-2014 by HarryJoy because: Addition

edit on 26-8-2014 by HarryJoy because: add

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
WE were there all along. There is no destination, only the journey, the Tao, the Way, The Divine Energy, all too great to be confined to mere words...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All I keep returning to is the know thyself and I call it know the self and if you can be happy whilst you have the opportunity to do so even better still. May the truth set us free.

edit on 27-8-2014 by ancientthunder because: spell error

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: navione

But what of our positive people on ATS that believe that good changes are coming? Is there still hope?
Will there ever be a positive change ?

Make your own world a good place.

Make it exactly like you wish the world to be.

Waiting for the world to change for the better won't happen, we have to make it so.

Peace,

RT

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well I'm just waiting to see if there is going to be another Pope and then I will get back to you. ; )

Sal

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join