It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SInce psychopaths seem to have the advantage in US politics, culture and corporate life...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

how about someone who has had a REAL job?

someone who has had to make do with a budget and has had to pay out of their own pocket for things like payroll.

someone who actually ran something, corp or a state or a popcorn stand.

a person that had to solve real problems and make it work rather than getting around them.

someone that doesn't always think of themselves or party first.

a person with some frikin common sense.

Washington DC is full of revolving door Bankers and Business Men and that does not seem to be helping when they have access to other people's money. Just use the Get Out of Jail Free Bail Out Card to Bail out your Banker and Big Pharma Cronies with Tax Payer Money and all is well.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
HILARY WAS ALREADY President she HANDLED her husband. I like Dr.Carson.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HILARY WAS ALREADY President she HANDLED her husband. I like Dr.Carson.

Is this the one?

Political affiliation, activities and views[edit]

Carson has said he is not a member of any political party. “If I were part of one, it would be called the Logic party, and it would be dedicated to commonsense approaches we all should be able to see.”[19] In his book America the Beautiful, Carson explained why he decided to get involved in politics: “I believe it is a very good idea for physicians, scientists, engineers, and others trained to make decisions based on facts and empirical data to get involved in the political arena and help guide our country.”[20] He also said, “we [physicians] should be concerned not only about the health of individual patients, but also about the health of our entire society.”[21] Despite largely expressing conservative viewpoints, Carson has also expressed some views at odds with most conservatives, such as supporting banning semi-automatic weapons in large cities. He has also stated, “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”[22]

Advocating the destruction of Health Insurance companies[edit]
In 2010 is wrote: "The entire concept of for profits for the insurance companies makes absolutely no sense. 'I deny that you need care and I will make more money.' This is totally ridiculous. The first thing we need to do is get rid of for profit insurance companies. We have a lack of policies and we need to make the government responsible for catastrophic health care."

If he gets backed by Corporations and Banks, he will not be getting my vote.
We see how that has gone with Obama where he was going to rein in corruption on Wall Street and DC and was also backed by the same ones.
edit on 26-8-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Interesting topic..

It is estimated that about 5% of the population is diagnostically psychopathic....and there are professions that benefit from that inability to feel empathy. Neurosurgeons is a good example and surgeons at large. It's a scenario where you want a cold, highly clinical, scientific mind that is comfortable cutting into someone else's brain tissue.

Now, I interviewed a top British neurosurgeon, who was very high along the psychopathic spectrum, absolutely. He really was, and it does kind of make you a bit scared, but actually it all slots into place when you think about the characteristics that you need to be a surgeon. He said that actually when you’re operating - and he actually likened neurosurgery to the margin of error as being between two crucial capillaries in the brain as being like the margin of error for a sniper between taking a head shot between a hostage and a hostage taker. He says you need to be very focused, exactly like Dexter. You need to be ruthless. You need to be fearless. You can’t have too much empathy for what you’re doing, but, number one, you need to be decisive. A top surgeon needs to be decisive in a situation where things go wrong. They cannot dither. Whether they make the right decision or the wrong decision is kind of secondary, but they have to make a decision

www.scientificamerican.com...

CEOs also rank high statistically on the Psychopath scale..

That said, these people are often born this way...and those that aspire for those traits trade a critical component of their humanity and arguably happiness, for an opportunity at greater wealth or financial success. What is money to a cold, clinical mind? Unable to enjoy how that money might benefit those around you. The literal inability to feel love or compassion and the constant construction of a social façade to function socially in daily life.

Also, for a Psychopath to be successful professionally or in general social interactions they need to have a very high IQ in conjunction with the disorder. That intelligence absent the ability to empathize allows them to succeed. It also allows them to construct faux empathy to function acceptably in society.

The majority of psychopaths lack high IQ and many fill our prisons.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join