It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

good on him, I wish him all the best in his efforts, at least someone in America is still trying to do one good thing, shame about the rest

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: QuestioningAuthority

You're joking right? You are advocating stripping a person's freedom away because they are gay and find that to be a noble cause?

This. This is why people don't like Christianity. If you are being serious then now you know why we don't like your religion anymore. Kind of ironic too considering your screen name since if this amendment came to pass, then being gay would be "questioning authority".
edit on 25-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Christians have been “increasingly tolerant” of gay people over the last 50 years.

What??? Where's he getting his information? Hasn't he noticed the Christian movement to deny equal rights to gay people??? The truth is, Christians have been increasingly INtolerant of gay people over the last 50 years.

So he wants to do away with the first amendment (free exercise of religion) by claiming that this is LEGALLY a Christian Nation and put the gays behind bars... What a nutjob!

The Vatican has nothing to do with this. This guy is a protestant. You can't blame this one on Catholics.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If Rev. Mike wants to mix politics and religion; that's his prerogative but his tax exempt status should be revoked along with all the other preachers that tell their congregations who the moral candidates are and who they should vote for.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

HAVENT made up a thing do your research on Holder.
dailycaller.com... then TALK to me.
THIS guy is JUDGING his fellow man in a way to exclude others from his faith,he can SAY they are wrong as he will THAT is the extent of CHRISTIANITY once the DARK AGES ended.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I hate to be "that guy", but this poor excuse for a human sounds like a shill, and an agent provocateur. He probably likes his job too.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The LBGTDvD (also known as Gaymosexshumals) community is (also referred as ) am gay.

They are so gay.

Since they are gay and people can catch the gay from the gays, then the gays who carry the gay need to just be gay together so they can pass the gay amongst the gays for the gays to be gay.

In other news, Rev. Velvateen Burlap stated that people with hair color other than brown need to be beaten with wet burlap and spanked in public. And they are to be referred to as, "Betty."

Seriously, OP, you need to find another cause or issue to paint all "conservatives" as.

Though I might give you a SnF for the amusement value alone.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I hate to be "that guy", but this poor excuse for a human sounds like a shill, and an agent provocateur. He probably likes his job too.

Perhaps...

The democrats can't believe their good fortune to have these kind of talking point handed to them on a silver platter.

The political debates are going to be fantastic this midterm.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Seriously, OP, you need to find another cause or issue to paint all "conservatives" as.

The "conservatives" had no problem in labeling me a "people like you" ....Paybacks a bitch eh?

Thanks for the S&F....I've almost got enough for a pony

edit on 25-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

In other news, Rev. Velvateen Burlap stated that people with hair color other than brown need to be beaten with wet burlap and spanked in public.

My hair actually is brown but I have been very, very bad and need a public spanking.

Preferably in front of the women's prison the Reverend in the Original Post would like to institute.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The "conservatives" had no problem in labeling me a "people like you" ....Paybacks a bitch eh?

Well, if people like you would stop acting like. . . . er. . . um, people like you, then people like you could be referred to as "people unlike you are unlike those people."

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The LBGTDvD (also known as Gaymosexshumals) community is (also referred as ) am gay.

They are so gay.

Since they are gay and people can catch the gay from the gays, then the gays who carry the gay need to just be gay together so they can pass the gay amongst the gays for the gays to be gay.

In other news, Rev. Velvateen Burlap stated that people with hair color other than brown need to be beaten with wet burlap and spanked in public. And they are to be referred to as, "Betty."

I don't think anyone is claiming "All Conservatives" or "All Christians" think like this guy or support his opinions. However, it's silly to try and deny that there is somewhat of a pattern of similar thought coming from the Far Right Religious Political spectrum.

It's not like this is the only Conservative Christian Talking Head who is supporting this kind of stuff.

Or would you like to see others as proof??

If this really is Not what the Religious Right thinks, then I would hope that we would see many from the Conservative Religious Right come out and speak against this guy. Let's see if that happens.
edit on 25-8-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Any democrat among the average people who really believe this represents the average republican, doesn't need to be voting, anyway. They need to see a doctor. This is nothing more than a divisionary tactic.

Disclaimer: In my opinion, there are no democrats or republicans at the Washington level. They are all actors. We pay them to play their part, and live luxuriously off the blood, sweat, and tears of the taxpayer. In other words...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I guess with all those gays in prison.
No more gays will be around to multiply.

We all know that hetero couples never produce gays.

AmIRight?

This post was brought to you by the letter S.
Words like Satire & Sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Words like Satire & Sarcasm.

And Sapphism.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well, if people like you would stop acting like. . . . er. . . um, people like you, then people like you could be referred to as "people unlike you are unlike those people."

I don't want the label of "people unlike you are unlike those People"....Iv'e grown very fond of my "people like you" status. It's freeing, liberating and reinforces my attitudes of just not giving a ****. Unlike some crybaby victims I know!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Careful or you'll end up in prison too.

;p

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

If this really is Not what the Religious Right thinks, then I would hope that we would see many from the Conservative Religious Right come out and speak against this guy. Let's see if that happens.

I'm not exactly a leftist-progressive pinko, and I think this guy is a jerk-face.

Satisfied?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't want the label of "people unlike you are unlike those People"....Iv'e grown very fond of my "people like you" status. It's freeing, liberating and reinforces my attitudes of just not giving a ****. Unlike some crybaby victims I know!!!

Just what I'd expect from people like you.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The problem is this intolerance actually procreates, continues to misread ancient Scripture and, is very quick to behave horribly to those that think different then them.

And then they teach the youth to do the same.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join