It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

It is a very accurate description of a fetus.

Parasite

Til it can live outside the body without a host, it's a parasite.

I'm frankly surprised that conservatives are pro life, they say anyone on welfare is a parasite, so why not apply that same logic to a fetus?

Won't work, can't feed themselves without assistance, exists off of the work of another while providing nothing in return.

I'm surprised conservatives haven't figured out how to force work out of a fetus yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Actually a parasite is a living being...it is a living being that is of another species that lives off a host.

You know exactly what I mean and the point.

Trying to blur the point isn't going to work.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Actually a parasite is a living being...it is a living being that is of another species that lives off a host.

You know exactly what I mean and the point.

Trying to blur the point isn't going to work.

I'm not trying to blur the point. When is it justified to take the life of another human being?

So far I've gotten vagaries and sound bites about parasites and untermenschen, but no definite answer.
edit on 26-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

It is a very accurate description of a fetus.

Parasite

Til it can live outside the body without a host, it's a parasite.

I'm frankly surprised that conservatives are pro life, they say anyone on welfare is a parasite, so why not apply that same logic to a fetus?

Won't work, can't feed themselves without assistance, exists off of the work of another while providing nothing in return.

I'm surprised conservatives haven't figured out how to force work out of a fetus yet.

Sorry, I use science and that is not the definition of a parasite. Just because you FEEL it so, does not make it so.

When is it just to kill another human being?

Marxists love to kill people they feel are useless and for economic reasons. Why do you want to kill people?
edit on 26-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good lord I just popped in to express my opinion of this piece of crap "pastor"and here y'all are calling fetuses parasites. Am I in the right thread?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Good lord I just popped in to express my opinion of this piece of crap "pastor"and here y'all are calling fetuses parasites. Am I in the right thread?

Because this "pastor" is evidence that conservatives hate gays and want to own the very wombs of women, didn't you get the memo?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

People have been slaughtering other people since the dawn of man! Has nothing to do with Marx, it's what humans do.

Justifiable is all in morality, the ancient Spartans threw infants off of cliffs if they were deformed.

The Astecs killed people for losing a basketball game.

Romans killed... well pretty much anyone they came across, along with the vikings, the Mongols, pretty much every civilization.

The point is, people are pretty bloodthirsty critters. We're pretty adept at slaughtering each other on a whim.
edit on 26-8-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

A fertilized egg, an embryo, a fetus....they are not people.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

People have been slaughtering other people since the dawn of man! Has nothing to do with Marx, it's what humans do.

Justifiable is all in morality, the ancient Spartans threw infants off of cliffs if they were deformed.

The Astecs killed people for losing a basketball game.

Romans killed... well pretty much anyone they came across, along with the vikings, the Mongols, pretty much every civilization.

So that makes killing okay then?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A fertilized egg, an embryo, a fetus....they are not people.

Define a person then. I don't believe in miracles and human development is a continuum. You don't get sprinkled with pixy dust at the end of the birth canal and suddenly are a human. What is your definition?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Because this "pastor" is evidence that conservatives hate gays and want to own the very wombs of women, didn't you get the memo?

Not all conservatives are like this pastor and I don't know why you guys are talking about fetuses as parasites. But there is a very vocal group of mostly Conservative Religious People in this country that are seriously determined to discriminate against Gay people.

There are more than just this one pastor too.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuestioningAuthority
a reply to: olaru12

good on him, I wish him all the best in his efforts, at least someone in America is still trying to do one good thing, shame about the rest

Okay, which one of you libtards created the bogus account?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: mOjOm

Sure ok, but but your only pointing out one group, American christian religious conservatives. what about all the other groups who have shown a pattern of this type of hate. why cant it just be his friggin' opinion? why not compare him to some other group who hates gays like he does? you went straight to "This guy is just like some christian conservatives".

I could really care less. but do you see what you did there?

He IS just like some Christian conservatives. He is one. If Christian conservatives don't want nuts like that speaking for them, perhaps they should be more vocal in opposition to the nut's behavior.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
He IS just like some Christian conservatives. He is one. If Christian conservatives don't want nuts like that speaking for them, perhaps they should be more vocal in opposition to the nut's behavior.

Exactly!! That was exactly the point I was trying to make in this thread yesterday.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Huh??

So you're suggesting that a Liberal made a fake account so they could post something as if they're a Conservative who's in favor of this???

That seems more likely than just somebody who happens to agree with this pastor???

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

An acorn isn't a tree. It has the potential of becoming a tree. A fertilized egg isn't a person. It has the potential of becoming a person.

Human, human being, person, these all different words that you're throwing around like they mean the same thing. They don't.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's what happens, whether is ok or not is up to the civilization. The morality of that culture.

Animals kill other animals, it happens all the time.

Here's a video of animals you wouldn't normally associate with killing and eating other animals:

The world is a depressing horrible terrible place.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: mOjOm

Sure ok, but but your only pointing out one group, American christian religious conservatives. what about all the other groups who have shown a pattern of this type of hate. why cant it just be his friggin' opinion? why not compare him to some other group who hates gays like he does? you went straight to "This guy is just like some christian conservatives".

I could really care less. but do you see what you did there?

So where is your vocal opposition to Jersmiah Wright? The terrorist Bill Ayers--or would you find it irritating to be held responsible for the rantings of a few nuts who call themselves liberals?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It's what happens, whether is ok or not is up to the civilization. The morality of that culture.

Animals kill other animals, it happens all the time.

Here's a video of animals you wouldn't normally associate with killing and eating other animals:

The world is a depressing horrible terrible place.

I didn't ask other cultures, I asked YOU. When do you find it right to kill another human being. Don't deflect, who would YOU kill and why?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Huh??

So you're suggesting that a Liberal made a fake account so they could post something as if they're a Conservative who's in favor of this???

That seems more likely than just somebody who happens to agree with this pastor???

Absolutely! Are you suggesting such a thing is beneath a liberal... puh...lease. No one agrees with this pastor.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join