It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NavyDoc

Congratulations for describing murder. Now, pin point the time of life's beginning and its death.

Your hypothesis can't happen, as scientists will never agree on a platform that defines a point in the circle of life, where it begins or ends.

Even so, the legal and the medical community has agreed that the unborn should be protected after viability. Perhaps you think that an electroencephalogram can change the ability of a fetus to live outside the womb?

So life is defined as the ability to survive unassisted? So unplugging someone one a vent in an ICU wouldn't be murder?

My hypothesis exists right here, right now. "Brain death" as a legal and ethical position has some very strict criteria that include an electroencephalogram. I find it dichotomous that it is used at on end of the life continuum and not the other, obviously for political reasons.

I don't believe in a soul and even if I did, I cannot objectively prove it's existence. I can't pinpoint the precise moment when life ends or begins but science and the medical establishment very clearly and consistently and objectively demonstrate where it is already existing.
edit on 26-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I haven't said ANYTHING I don't believe,YOU just think it's fake and ONLY believe ill of others so your head seems ..broke.
As to what is TRULLY going on it's far too complex and NOBODY really knows.Just what we believe,try to do the right thing by ALL of us if we can.I don't WANT people in CAMPS cages or to be SHACKLED by a faith,I have GUNS to stop that crap anyway..maybe you'll see when ISIS shows up here.
DAILY we are constantly INSULTED by somebody who gets on here and says "THIS IS YOU" we tell you NO but then you think WE lie (YOU think you're 'on the TRUMAN SHOW"?) YOU glom onto more. YOU think warriors want to SELFISHLY control and KILL for the sake of GETTING off on it.
The guy is NOTHING but an ABERRATION that is a mistake as he is making that video, END OF STORY.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Can I ask what may seems like a stupid question but WTH has abortion got to do with this topic?

I believe it started here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Unfortunately conservatives have pigeon holed themselves on this topic, trying to pass anti lgbt legislation all over the country. Its a part of the conservative movement platform.

Don't blame us for your parties lack of foresight. This is the corner you all painted yourselves into. And the consistent wide strokes you all have painted liberals with is just being used against you.

link   

So life is defined as the ability to survive unassisted?

That's how viability is defined.

So unplugging someone one a vent in an ICU wouldn't be murder?

Not always.

link   
I would like to take this pastor to Club Tropicana to show him were not all that bad. Were actually kinda fun.

edit on 26-8-2014 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So life is defined as the ability to survive unassisted?

That's how viability is defined.

So unplugging someone one a vent in an ICU wouldn't be murder?

Not always.

Why or why not? When you go under general anesthesia, you cannot survive on your own. Everything is done for you by the anesthesiologist and his machines. You are not viable at all. Can someone kill you then?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Why on earth would you want to fight ISIS? They have pretty much the identical philosophy on life as you do...

They are like your brothers from another mother.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Why on earth would you want to fight ISIS? They have pretty much the identical philosophy on life as you do...

They are like your brothers from another mother.

Cool. Can we play a youtube video about your mentor and hero?

Would you find it objectionable if one were to say you were just like this genocidal maniac who shares the same philosophy you do?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I never realized how much it must irritate the hell out of some people when they can't find anyone that disagrees with an inflamatory OP.

WHAT? YOU DON'T DISAGREE????

Then lets find other things to fight about!!!

I think, per the original topic, it's a done deal.

The guy is a hater and a jerk.

Pity the OP couldn't find anyone to actually agree with the pastor's rant.

Peace out!

(beezzer hops off to find another thread to fight in. . . . . . )

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Does one individual, assuming for the sake of argument that an unborn baby is a person, have the right to kill another one?

Assuming for the argument is not something I'm willing to do. An "unborn baby" is NOT a person, it's NOT a baby, it's NOT an individual. It is a parasitic organism that lives within and is completely dependent on its host. A person has the right to have it removed from their body. If you want to call that "killing it" then yes, a person has a right to kill it.

I won't answer questions based on an assumption for argument's sake that I'm not willing to make. (Let's assume the sky is black) And once again, a business is not a person either. It's a business.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You guys tell me that all the time. It's almost daily on this board that some conservative will call me a commie, or a Marxist, or a dozen other meant to be derogatory slanders.

And I put up with it. Why? Because I believe in freedom of speech, I also know this thing called the truth. It's something that more often than not escapes conservatives.

Don't like being equated with the Taliban or ISIS? Stop letting conservatives like the guy in the OP speak for you. Demand his resignation from his church, conservatives are great at forcing people to quit their jobs.

Otherwise guys like this get out there and drag your ideology through the mud.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Peace out!
)

Actually being the skeptic and cynic I am; I think there are many here that adhere to the Crazy Reverends ideas but they
are smart enough not to admit it lest they appear as bat **** crazy as he is.

I've been here long enough to know that truth in the www. is a very rare commodity!! Very rare indeed! Suffice to say..."it's not my first rodeo"

The appearance of rationality is a developed skill. Some have learned their lessons well!
edit on 26-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Can I ask what may seems like a stupid question but WTH has abortion got to do with this topic?

It's a form of pushing one's beliefs onto others through law, like the preacher in the OP wants to do. The discussion splintered off into the ways people push their beliefs onto others through law, so naturally, abortion came up and so did serving gay people. It's a whole big thing.

Sorry,

I've said all I want to about this anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Does one individual, assuming for the sake of argument that an unborn baby is a person, have the right to kill another one?

Assuming for the argument is not something I'm willing to do. An "unborn baby" is NOT a person, it's NOT a baby, it's NOT an individual. It is a parasitic organism that lives within and is completely dependent on its host. A person has the right to have it removed from their body. If you want to call that "killing it" then yes, a person has a right to kill it.

I won't answer questions based on an assumption for argument's sake that I'm not willing to make. (Let's assume the sky is black) And once again, a business is not a person either. It's a business.

A business quite often IS a person. It is an individual's life's work. He made it, he runs, it he took the risk. Small businesses are individuals really.

So a baby is a parasite? What about a new born? Why is a child born at 34 weeks a child but an unborn still in utero at 36 weeks "just a parasite?"

What makes one an individual and one not an individual?

I've not said anything pro-or anti abortion (actually my only comment in that regard was pro-abortion in that everyone has the right to self defense). What I have done is point out that this issue is a heck of a lot more complex than anyone wants to let on.

Pro-life people are not pro life because they hate women and want to control women, that is stupid. They are pro life because they think people shouldn't be killed without just cause and they have a valid point.

Pro-abortion people are not pro-abortion because they hate babies and love killing, that is stupid. They are pro abortion or pro choice because they think people should have reproductive autonomy and they have a valid point.

I've simply attempted to engage some critical thinking.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

To a simpler mind perhaps sir
THIS is more menews.vice.com...

CAVALRY not MANSON ignatz.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Actually, there's a post on page two that does agree. And it garnered 3 stars.

Just FYI, I am not, in any way, disappointed that you disagree with the pastor. It gives me hope.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

NO I again will call you an antisocial angry guy locked into money. Who has LEGALLY displayed in his rants OBVIOUS and clear dementia as I have witnessed it in various VA clincs helping other VETS if YOU take an SSRI YOU ARE a potential shooter.
I am just EXISTENTIALLY pissed.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

You guys tell me that all the time. It's almost daily on this board that some conservative will call me a commie, or a Marxist, or a dozen other meant to be derogatory slanders.

And I put up with it. Why? Because I believe in freedom of speech, I also know this thing called the truth. It's something that more often than not escapes conservatives.

Don't like being equated with the Taliban or ISIS? Stop letting conservatives like the guy in the OP speak for you. Demand his resignation from his church, conservatives are great at forcing people to quit their jobs.

Otherwise guys like this get out there and drag your ideology through the mud.

The guy in this video does not speak for us, or me, or the republicans. He is a nut job and it is the ignorant ideologues who try to push him onto us. It is just as illogical to say this nut represents us as it is to say that Fred Phelps, a lifelong Democrat mind you, represents YOU.

You talk about freedom of speech yet in the same post where you demand that "we" shut up this guy--a guy we have nothing to do with? Can you define irony?

Truth? I'd say that this thread demonstrates that you are not very well acquainted with the concept. He has nothing to do with our ideology. Conservative want smaller government. He wants more government. Conservatives want less spending, he certainly wants more if he wants to take on the whole world. He is no more representative of us nor "dragging our ideology through the mud" than Pol Pot is of your ideology and your points in that regard are not only untruthful, but downright moronic.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yet when Americans were being threatened by their own police force in Ferguson, where were people like you?

Oh that's right, nowhere to be found except behind the very same badges of the police force shutting down the first amendment rights of Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join