It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Date Rape? These Guys Have the Nail Polish for You

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

in the scenarios above, no physical overpowering occurred. both the man and woman consented to sex. she can wake up in the morning and suddenly a consensual evening becomes rape.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz

in the scenarios above, no physical overpowering occurred. both the man and woman consented to sex. she can wake up in the morning and suddenly a consensual evening becomes rape.

All I am saying is, if you were not there as a sober witness, you really have nothing to say.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well, that knocks out trial by jury then, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Personally I am old school morals so this doesn't apply to me, but how do guys these days know if the girl doesn't say "no" or "stop". I mean some women get wasted on one glass of red wine on an empty stomach, he can't think oh she is drunk after one drink. More like her typical female shields are just down.
You can't tell me one glass of wine can be used in a court of law for a woman to say,"he raped me" the next morning, when she never said "No" or "Stop" but was a willing party to the event. But now she regrets it big time, or maybe it's after the guy says it's one and done, that she gets mad.

Or this after 2 people had to much to drink

I have to ask, do you really think Rajesh raped Penny in this episode?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Well, that knocks out trial by jury then, doesn't it?

Burden of proof.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

All I am saying is, if you were not there as a sober witness, you really have nothing to say.

i'm laying out two scenarios, the only difference is that the woman either wakes up in the morning, regrets agreeing to have sex with him, and accuses him of rape; or she doesn't regret it.

rape does not come down to opinion after the fact.

Burden of proof.

that lies with the accuser.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz

i'm laying out two scenarios, the only difference is that the woman either wakes up in the morning, regrets agreeing to have sex with him, and accuses him of rape; or she doesn't regret it.

rape does not come down to opinion after the fact.

By virtue of her awakening to the ugly reality of what happened when she was incapable of making a decision, you mean?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It's already been established several times over in this thread that the woman has the automatic advantage.

In the state where I reside, the woman gets the benefit of the doubt 99.9% of the time....it's also a state where young women seek to get pregnant as soon as possible in order to insure child support payments.

In fact, I daresay I haven't met a young man in his twenties here who isn't a father or paying child support. Amazingly, most of the young women have no desire to be mothers outside of the welfare benefits, checks and attention. More often than not, the man has to gain custody of his children because "mommy" doesn't want to stop partying.

So when a rape case is brought to trial in this state, a good percentage of them are with underage girls to begin with.

Is alcohol involved a good percentage of the time? You bet it is. Heck, a lot of the younger mothers (in their 30's with teenagers) even buy the beer or liquor for house parties to make sure their daughter gets pregnant as quickly as possible so they can get on the public dole and start receiving child support to help "with the bills".

But still, the young man is almost always held accountable, unfairly so, in my opinion.

When are we going to expect some decorum and discretion on the part of young women instead of continuing to tell them they can continue their reckless behavior without bearing any responsibility for their own actions?

I only know of one young lady locally who has been the victim of a forcible rape against her will....the rest, well the "rape" is more of a vindictive afterthought.

Please rest assured, I know this type of behavior isn't across the board in every state or small community, but it certainly runs rampant in the area which I live....which is one reason for my perceived hostility on how easy it is to indite a young man when it comes down to "consent".

I've seen it abused far too often by a lot of local females, and the trend shows no signs of letting up anytime soon.

Such is the reason for my concern on this issue.

edit on 8/26/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i'm going to break down what you said and take out the loaded words.

By virtue of her awakening to the ugly reality

regretting

what happened

the sex she had

when she was incapable of making a decision

when she and her partner were drunk.

obviously she is capable of making decisions. with your reasoning we have the possibility of a drunken woman seducing a guy and THEN claiming rape afterwards.

a guy can go out for drinks, do nothing wrong, and then later get accused of rape after she decides her decision was bad. we need a new word to describe this form of illogical callousness.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Problem is there is a fine line between blacking out and passing out when you are partying hard. Had one time, I swore I went and passed out upstairs at like 2AM, but no, I came back down and tried to play pool, then went and got laid lol. I guess I was "raped" then in some people's eyes, that time and many other times in my youth

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

The problem that we have here is the "fair game" rule. If i drink so much that i end up passing out, that does not give you permission to put your d**k in me.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Having a helluva time and then fingering a guy for rape when he was just following your(not you personally) lead isn't rape either.

How can there be a meeting of the minds without discussion? Drunk body language is garbled.

No prob. Don't get drunk around horny men. Apparently neither can communicate in a meaningful way.

I should have the right to get drunk wherever I want to without fear of being drugged, raped, or worse.

Are you rubbing your ass in their crotch? If so, don't come complaining to me.

It's called dirty dancing and it's been popular for some time now, it is not an OK for sex, never has been.

So what you're saying is that it's OK for the driver(woman) to start the engine. Rev the engine and then go, "Oops. No, not my thing."

NO, IT'S NOT, THAT'S WHY PEOPLE CAN BE ARRESTED FOR EVEN STARTING TH CAR WHEN THEY ARE TOO DRUNK TO DRIVE.

Getting the picture yet?!?!

And if that too-drunk-to-drive person gets arrested by the cops, this person will be RESPONSIBLE for the choice to take the wheel under influence. You are not helping the case with this example.

I'm not saying that rape is ok. Just that you are not helping the case by yelling all the time and giving bad examples.

The person you were responding to was making an analogy between sex and car. I'm pretty sure he meant that the girl is flirting with the guy until a point of 'almost' no return and then decide it's enough and that she don't want to go further. Depending of the way she tells it and the way the guy understands it, there are a few ways he can interpret it and stop right now or continue because he thinks it's a game..

I for sure would stop. Even with my GF, when i feel she is not 'into' it a night, i just can't continue and i stop. She don't even have to tell me. (not talking about being drunk or drugged, totally sober).

But there are men out there that when started, won't stop until the end.. So what i can advice women is to be carefull all the time. What YOU consider dance moves and normal, other people can mistake this for a 'sleep with me' invitation as you have seen in the thread.

And YES, i'm pretty sure Robin and Milley did some nasty things after or before that 'performance' on stage.

Peace out.
edit on 26-8-2014 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This thread has run it's course. It's an emotional topic and insults and hyperbole are escalating, and has gone far beyond the hope of any measured discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join