It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Date Rape? These Guys Have the Nail Polish for You

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: addygrace
Really it comes down to this. The legal limit will never be the real threshold, because that means many of us have been raped. That doesn't seem coherent with reality. A jury isn't gonna convict on the legal limit argument. Any public defender could get it dismissed before it ever got to a jury, if there are no other circumstances that would point to rape. The legal limit argument has no proof unless you get a breathalyzer or a blood test as soon as you have sex.

What it really comes down to is people who accuse others of rape, be them female or male, had better have proof.
Yes. That's why the legal limit thing would never work.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Product sales fueled by fear.

Unfortunate society we live in.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster

Nice! Even though this wouldn't help identify the person responsible, at least it would give someone a warning! Hope they market the stuff all over, and it sells like hotcakes.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Or people can follow their common sense.

Do not take drinks from strangers.

When geting drinks, watch it being poured from the bottle.

Know when to stop drinking.

Have good friends with you and never go alone.

Rapes have been committed by what a woman thought was a "good friend". Heck, people have been killed by people they thought were friends. Yes, common sense is important, but that doesn't mean all attacks can be avoided. You can't watch every drink prepared in every bar; some are far too busy, and bartenders are as likely to break a law as anyone else. So, yes, drink responsibly, and yes, go with friends, but use this nifty nail polish, too, just in case.

Any guy that commits such an act is no better than an animal, anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: 00nunya00

I don't see anyone say anything remotely encouraging other members to rape women just because they're drunk.

If someone has gotten to the blackout point and doesn't remember anything, how can they remember not giving consent or saying no? This is where the slope gets super slippery.

If I was a juror, I would have a hard time convicting someone for raping someone that was blacked out, both parties may have been blacked out for all we know. If a victim was tipsy/drunk and still has memories of the event and clearly stated NO that's for sure rape. How can we be so sure that in the moment both parties weren't willing participators?

I had a drinking problem from self medicating from 2010-2013 and use to drink like a rockstar and blackout all the time, sometimes my husband and friends didn't even realize I had been drinking. How is someone else supposed to know how drunk someone is? The tell tale signs like stumbling and slurring words aren't always that obvious, especially with people that drink all the time and have high tolerances.

Drinking lowers the inhibitions and causes people to do things they normally wouldn't do in their day to day lives. (I am a victim of sexual assault myself and I'm not saying rape is ok, just that there are always many different variables and blacking out from drinking too much is one of them.)

Well stated. I can see the issue from both sides here. If a guy gets drunk and does something he later regrets, he simply regrets it. If a woman gets drunk, decides to have sex, says, "Yes.", even, then later regrets it, she can claim "rape". The guy hears consent, and in many cases, would have no idea if she's "too drunk" to give legal consent.

Now, this is NOT talking about a woman that is passed out drunk, of course. If she's not even conscious, she isn't consenting. That's a given. That's the purpose of this nifty nail polish, too; to give a girl some warning that her drink has been drugged. That's a good thing. Add to this that girls on a night out should be responsible enough to NOT get plastered, so that they can become an easy victim. No, that doesn't make the crime excused, but it's akin to (in my eyes, anyway), to flashing a wad of cash around in an area yous are likely to get mugged. Doesn't excuse the mugger; it simply makes you a more likely target than someone else.

The key here is, how drunk is too drunk, and how is a guy to know? Even if a fellow carried around a breathalizer, and tested his date, not everyone is "too drunk" at the same level. Personally, I have a very high tolerance for alcohol. My sister can't handle a single drink. She'd never register as "drunk" on a breath test, but she'd be drunk for her.

If the girl isn't awake to say "yes", then, it's rape. If she is, and later regrets it and claims rape, that's different. Bad judgment blamed on someone else, in some cases. Fine line, for certain.

Dancing, now, is not an invitation, by ANY means. I have gone dancing with friends, and danced very close, and even in cases where the guy really was interested, he understood nothing was happening. Dancing in a club, even "dirty dancing" doesn't mean "come get sex here". The woman might be interested, but if she is, go while both are sober.

This sort of thing is the reason there were (for a time at least) legal consent to sex documents people could carry, and have the partner sign. Really a very good idea, all around.
edit on 26-8-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: ETA additional comment

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You obviously don't have a Y chromosome. Dude's don't look at it quite the same way. When they get rubbed they're expecting something.

That may be the case, but the guy can still be sure the woman is capable of actual consent. I have danced that way with guys that were interested, and made it clear they were. They were told, "No.", and backed off. Didn't stop the one guy from asking again (and again), but he always accepted the response, and he was always willing to dance the same way.

I do see your point of view, however. Sometimes, there really are some signals, and even consent, and then the girl decides later she wished she hadn't done that, some friend asks if she was too drunk, and it all goes downhill from there. ANYONE drinking needs to have some degree of personal responsibility (of course, no drugs involved in such cases), and be aware of just how much they can drink before they get to the point that they might do things they wouldn't otherwise do. Guys or girls. I am sure there are guys that slept with someone while they (the guys) were drunk, and later regretted it. Regretting a stupid move doesn't make other participants criminals. Again, fine line. Back to the "how drunk is too drunk?" question, and how is someone to know.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00
*snip*
Women are LEGALLY protected under the LEGALY-INCONSENTUAL state of drunkenness, just like they are held LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE for being in that incapacitated state while driving.

Look it up. This is not my opinion.

So, if a woman is legally drunk, and drives, it's her fault, but if she's legally drunk and decides to have sex (not talking passed out here), it's NOT her fault? Legally drunk doesn't mean a woman can't say "yes" to sex, any more than it means a guy can't.
Passed out, NO ONE is saying that isn't rape. Drunk and consensual, then later calling rape is the issue here, from what I am reading. In most of those cases, both parties are drinking, and, no, that doesn't mean they raped one another; it means they had sex. Regretting it later doesn't (or shouldn't) make it a crime. Passed out, from too much alcohol or a drug; it's a crime. Heck, stumbling drunk and unable to speak properly, that's a crime. Drunk enough to decide to do something you might not sober, and then regretting it later; that's not a crime.

Your case, a drug slipped into a drink; clear crime, and I hope those responsible paid.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Legally drunk doesn't mean a woman can't say "yes" to sex, any more than it means a guy can't.

It does though. That's the law. I don't understand why people are arguing that it isn't. Go look it up. The information has been provided in the thread. You may not agree with it, but that doesn't really matter. EDIT TO ADD- I'm pretty sure I was wrong here. Check my post a few posts down for more information on this and to search what your specific State says.

If a woman is drunk, she can not legally give consent. Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. Getting sexually excited by a woman does not give you permission to have sex with her. It doesn't matter if she grabbed it, ground up against you or was wearing a slutty outfit, if she's drunk don't have sex with her. Disagree with the law all you want, but cover your ass. If she's drunk or at ANY point says "Stop" or "No" you have to stop or it's rape. Don't tell me you can't stop, that's BS. It's not fun, but it's not impossible. Sure beats jail.

I think the law is a little stupid and easily manipulated. It's certainly not perfect. I don't feel like getting drunk with my girlfriend and having sex is rape, and neither does she. I do feel like you're in dangerous water if you go out and pick up some random girl from the bar that's drunk. I've known people who can be absolutely hammered and seem fairly sober. It also seems a little odd that you are responsible for all actions you take when drunk, except sex.

This law is basically zero tolerance because it's hard to draw the line in the right place.

Oh, the nail polish seems like a good idea. Not as great as the straw, but a good idea nonetheless. Gotta say if I was at a bar chatting up a woman and she kept rape testing her drink I would probably RUN. There's a difference between being savvy and thinking all guys are out to rape everyone. It gets a little insulting listening to some feminists who think everything is rape. He hit on me, rape. He asked for my number, rape. The men's right's activists and ultra feminists are more obnoxious than militant vegans.

edit on 2620140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Legally drunk doesn't mean a woman can't say "yes" to sex, any more than it means a guy can't.

It does though. That's the law. I don't understand why people are arguing that it isn't. Go look it up. The information has been provided in the thread. You may not agree with it, but that doesn't really matter.

If a woman is drunk, she can not legally give consent. Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. Getting sexually excited by a woman does not give you permission to have sex with her. It doesn't matter if she grabbed it, ground up against you or was wearing a slutty outfit, if she's drunk don't have sex with her. Disagree with the law all you want, but cover your ass. If she's drunk or at ANY point says "Stop" or "No" you have to stop or it's rape. Don't tell me you can't stop, that's BS. It's not fun, but it's not impossible. Sure beats jail.

I think the law is a little stupid and easily manipulated. It's certainly not perfect. I don't feel like getting drunk with my girlfriend and having sex is rape, and neither does she. I do feel like you're in dangerous water if you go out and pick up some random girl from the bar that's drunk. I've known people who can be absolutely hammered and seem fairly sober. It also seems a little odd that you are responsible for all actions you take when drunk, except sex.

This law is basically zero tolerance because it's hard to draw the line in the right place.

Oh, the nail polish seems like a good idea. Not as great as the straw, but a good idea nonetheless. Gotta say if I was at a bar chatting up a woman and she kept rape testing her drink I would probably RUN. There's a difference between being savvy and thinking all guys are out to rape everyone. It gets a little insulting listening to some feminists who think everything is rape. He hit on me, rape. He asked for my number, rape. The men's right's activists and ultra feminists are more obnoxious than militant vegans.

I've tried to find where this is the law, I couldn't. Even if it is the law, which I'll take your word for, it's utterly useless in a court of law without other factors. A guy would need proof that he's over the legal limit to claim some rapist girl raped him.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a good solution is not to take up with a lady who has been drinking anyway.
been drinking? nope
one night stand? nope
want to bed me and dont even know my name? nope
acting like a hood rat at the club? nope AND, get your ass away from me.

it has worked for me all my life

im 36. ive never been in a situation like we are talking about. never woke up next to a strange face.
know what im saying?

sure, sex is awesome. im not saying that you have to be in love to have sex but damn.

what is attractive about some chick drinking, acting dumb, and grinding on you? i mean, yeah youre the one getting your packaged touched but what about last weekend? what about the next weekend?

i never understood why guys would jump in the sack with a lady that clearly tosses it around...

does it make you feel special that youre the lucky guy that skank face picked on this particular night to make a mistake with?

hell, even when i was a teen/young adult i didnt want anything to do with it.

i remember i was at hairy buffalo once(its a bar and grille). i was having a couple beers an there was a small pack of ladies sitting close to me. one of them started giving me the eyes. of course she was scantly dressed. all of a sudden jump on it came over the speakers and the one that was looking at me got up on the bar right by me and started dancing and shaking and all that.
it took me about 10 seconds to lay money down for my beer and get out of there.
went home and read a book... all was well

i would lay eyes on the girl at the table in 'normal' clothes not acting like a fool any day of the week.

if the girl acting skanky was a 'sure thing' and the girl at the table was a 1 in a 1,000, i would have held out for the 1 in a 1,000.

ive never needed switch that bad.

guess im wierd
edit on 26-8-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In the De Anza rape case they didn't even file criminal charges because there wasn't enough proof. In that case there was more circumstances than just the girl being over the legal limit. They tried to retroactively figure out what level she was at when she was raped. All the defense had to argue in the civil suit was her peak alcohol level was after she was raped. They got out of that even though that was clear rape. Being over the legal limit alone will never be enough. Juries are too practical and it would be very hard to nail down a timeline after the fact.

I just wouldn't want this to one day turn into a guy someday downing a bunch of beer after cheating on his wife and then running to the police crying rape.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

yeah. its not really all that hard to avoid.

use the grey matter people

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: addygrace

Yeah I just talked out of my ass I think. I'm having trouble nailing down a good source now too. I think it's state by state and the language can be pretty vague. I was 99% sure this was law everywhere, kind of like the .08 for driving (fun fact, you can be arrested for drunk driving even below .08).

I was drunk or they were drunk - does that mean it isn't rape?

Alcohol and drugs are not an excuse – or an alibi. The key question is still: did you consent or not? Regardless of whether you were drunk or sober, if the sex is nonconsensual, it is rape. However, because each state has different definitions of “nonconsensual”, please contact your local center or local police if you have questions about this. (If you were so drunk or drugged that you passed out and were unable to consent, it was rape. Both people must be conscious and willing participants.)

Link

Laws By State

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

skank face

I'm stealing this.

I'm with you man. I've had a few one nighters but it's never as good. Lot of unknowns. Any number of diseases, getting the girl pregnant, having her say she was raped... I've heard some horror stories.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just had a talk with my better half about this after she got home. She agrees with what I posted a couple pages ago. That the girl bears some responsibility if she gets drunk says yes, gave no indication that she did not want to have sex, then wakes up the next day and tries to cry rape.

But wait theres more. She also just got off the phone with her friend who is a lawyer. Her friend is also a woman. Her friend said that the argument that a girl is drunk so she can not give consent at all, even if she said yes during. Will not hold up in court. At least here in Chicago. That it can not really be proved that she was too drunk to say yes. Any good lawyer would tear that argument to pieces. There has to be other proof that it was rape.

Now on to the actual topic of the thread. A nail polish that does this would be great. No one can argue that it would not be.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Just had a talk with my better half about this after she got home. She agrees with what I posted a couple pages ago. That the girl bears some responsibility if she gets drunk says yes, gave no indication that she did not want to have sex, then wakes up the next day and tries to cry rape.

But wait theres more. She also just got off the phone with her friend who is a lawyer. Her friend is also a woman. Her friend said that the argument that a girl is drunk so she can not give consent at all, even if she said yes during. Will not hold up in court. At least here in Chicago. That it can not really be proved that she was too drunk to say yes. Any good lawyer would tear that argument to pieces. There has to be other proof that it was rape.

Now on to the actual topic of the thread. A nail polish that does this would be great. No one can argue that it would not be.

There are also witnesses that could attest to drunken behaviour.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

another scenario: a woman drinks some at the bar, then goes home with a guy she met. they've both been drinking. they both agree to sex. she wakes up in the morning, regrets nothing, and goes home with a hangover.

now, exact same story except she regrets it and accuses him of rape.

the man becomes guilty of rape HOURS after the actual event. is this quantum physics or something?! Schrodinger could have called it "intoxicated woman in a box" what that reasoning.

i know a girl personally who has slept with over 30 guys and claims that "about half" of them raped her. her bff later told me in confidence "that's just the way she regrets things". what. i'm sorry if a woman has regrets but we shouldn't ruin the guy's life over it when they both consented.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz

another scenario: a woman drinks some at the bar, then goes home with a guy she met. they've both been drinking. they both agree to sex. she wakes up in the morning, regrets nothing, and goes home with a hangover.

now, exact same story except she regrets it and accuses him of rape.

the man becomes guilty of rape HOURS after the actual event. is this quantum physics or something?! Schrodinger could have called it "intoxicated woman in a box" what that reasoning.

i know a girl personally who has slept with over 30 guys and claims that "about half" of them raped her. her bff later told me in confidence "that's just the way she regrets things". what. i'm sorry if a woman has regrets but we shouldn't ruin the guy's life over it when they both consented.

Maybe those guys did rape her, how do you know?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join