It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Date Rape? These Guys Have the Nail Polish for You

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
After you've been grinding your butt against his junk for 20 minutes? Hey, when I turn a key in a car I expect it to start. What the hell would you expect?

Funny thing about cars.....they are as easy to turn off as they are to start. It's called having control over your hand or the key. And a car is a dumb machine, with no control over what it does.

A man, however, is supposed to be a sentient, intelligent creature with control over his action. Drunk chick grinding her butt against you gives you a boner? Naturally. Does having a boner suddenly make you incapable of controlling your urges? If it does, then maybe we should start cutting the genitalia off men, since they obviously can't control their junk. What. A guy can't simply tell a chick who is acting drunk and obnoxious and rubbing on him to leave him alone, or simply walk away?

I've seen too many guys excuse sexual abuse of women with crap like "But I'm a man, I have needs, I have blue balls, blah blah blah blah blah. Pure BS.

And while I don't consider sex between two drunken people necessarily rape, I've seen to often cases where they guy is far more coherent and functional than the chick, and using this advantage. Enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There have been times where I have taken my eyes off my drink and not known what to do. Something happened on the football game on TV for instance, turned around to give a high five in a crowded bar, turn back.... what do you do? Throw it out? Drink and pray? Several instances like that, or a male coworker or acquaintance buying me a beer or shot while at the bar whom I am not very close too... a quick stir with the finger to check when you are unsure would be awesome. This is incredible thinking and fantastic to me that these young men have come up with it. Bravo!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster

Men get drugged too. I once dated a woman who claimed to have been kicked out of a gay bar for stopping a guy from drugging someone s drink. I believed her.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I'm as confused as you I think.

So I'm blackout drunk. A woman is blackout drunk. We end up having sex. Who raped who?

Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick....

ON topic - I think everybody needs to practice some form of personal responsibility. Male and female. As an adult one should not expect others to look out for you like mom and dad did. It would be nice if that's the way it worked, but it doesn't. As an adult one needs to make common sense decisions and that includes not getting dirty dog drunk to the point that you forget your mother's maiden name and your own address.

I do feel like many women drink too much and then wake up a little regretful, embarrassed, etc. and need somebody other than themselves to blame for making such a stupid decision. NOT ALL mind you, but I would bet that it's more than a few. They then have no qualms about literally destroying someone else's life forever in an effort to assuage their own guilt at behaving the way they did.

If one is passed out.... then nobody should touch them. But why are others expected to KNOW how drunk you are, and if you've had half a glass more than you should have before deciding to share their bed? You've been all over each other all night, groping and grinding then right before last call she has one sip too many and all of a sudden the guy is supposed to know that was the cutoff point. All the sexual tension and innuendos that they shared for the last 3 hours is void with that one sip. How is anyone supposed to know that when both are probably far too intoxicated??

Now we are entering a territory wherein the man is supposed to handle himself while he is wasted better than a girl does. How is that fair??

He is responsible for his drunken actions, yet she is not. That sounds like a pretty shiite deal to me.

So let me sum it up before people jump on the OMG YOU CONDONE RAPE bandwagon.

I am a female. No means no. EVERY TIME. If you are drugged and taken advantage of... ITS RAPE. If you are passed out and can't consent ITS RAPE.

But there needs to be some personal responsibility taken by all parties under all the other circumstances. You are old enough to drink. Act like an adult and be responsible when you do. Don't expect perfect strangers to take care of you without taking advantage. You should know by the age of 21 what kind of people are out in the world. It's your job to make yourself aware of that and act accordingly IMO. Don't expect your drunk guy friend to be more responsible than you are.

Protect yourself as much as you can. Whether it's fair that the world is like it is (concerning people that like to take advantage) or not is a whole other kettle of fish. It is what it is and expecting it to be otherwise will likely leave you feeling violated at one point or another whether you were or not.
edit on 8/26/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
So what you're saying is that it's OK for the driver(woman) to start the engine. Rev the engine and then go, "Oops. No, not my thing."

I think you're a cool dude Intrepid...however that being said:

Yes, actually it is. If she's doing it on purpose it's kind of a jerky thing to do. But a woman has the right at absolutely any time to tell you no. It doesn't matter how "blue" you are. Even if she's in the middle of...driving the car, to continue your analogy, she has the right at anytime to stop the engine. Your wood does not give you the right to....drive.

That being said, she'd be a hell of a jerk to turn off the engine mid-ride. lol

Now I'll let you all go back to arguing semantics *smirks*

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been stated previously but the number one date rape drug is Ethanol. That's right alcohol it's self. GHB is no where near as prevalent as simply getting some one to drunk to make decisions. GHB is actually used more recreationally that it is as a date rape drug. So here's an idea drink responsibly or don't drink at all. Alcohol is one of the great addictions that humans have and it far out weighs the damage done to people than meth coc aine or heroin combined.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is one of the craziest threads I have ever read on ATS. And that is saying a lot lol. I have read the whole thread and I think one side has become very militant with a hardline stance that they will not budge from and the other side has become childish and are arguing with people who will never change their minds.

No one in this thread has condoned rape. Not one single person. If a girl says no. It means no. If you continue that is rape. If a girl is drugged with a date rape drug. That is rape. If a girl is passed out and you stick your parts in her that is rape. No one in this thread denied any of these things.

Let me give an example of what people are arguing over. The old slippery slope. Which is something that should be discussed and analyzed. No matter your viewpoint. Say a girl has five beers and she is kissing on you all night. You have dirty danced all night. You have been in an advanced stage of foreplay all night. Then she has a sixth beer. She says lets go back to your place. You both tear your cloths off. You both paw at each other like teenagers. You both are moaning and excited. She says yes while drinking a seventh beer. Which I guess to this girl is the magical cut off number. You and her perform the act of coitus. You both at the time were drunk and enjoyed it. It may or may not have been due to your inhibitions being lowered due to alcohol. You both passed out after the act. The next day she wakes up and says....Wait...I did not really want this to happen. It was the alcohol saying yes and doing the act of coitus. So now that guy is called a rapist. That is the slippery slope the so called rape defenders are talking about.

That is a legitimate thing to question. No one is talking about a guy forcing himself on a woman. People are talking about both parties being drunk and initially saying yes and enjoying the act of coitus. Then one party changing their mind the next day. Not a guy taking advantage of an already passed out woman. Not a guy ruffy-ing a woman and then using her. Questioning the above example does not make you a woman hater. Or a rape defender. Not all the people who questioned were even men. Many woman in this thread questioned that.

It is very valid to question the example. Why does a woman have the right to say the next day it was rape when she enjoyed the act during it. She said yes. But after the fact she says she was too drunk. Should no personal responsibility be put on the woman. How is a guy supposed to know when that too drunk line has been crossed. Everyone reacts differently to alcohol. What is too much for one person is too little for another. If she is not screaming no and clawing to get away from you but is in fact thrusting back when you put your parts in her during the act of coitus. How is a guy who is probably also drunk supposed to know this is not how she acts everyday. That she is sometime in the future going to decide that she did not like it. When all signs at the time pointed to her enjoying it. How is it fair to scream rape the next day just because she had alcohol in her system. In my example. Deciding to drink was her choice. The sex was her choice. That is the slippery slope.

Just screaming it was her fault cause she led the guy on over and over is childish. Just screaming look...look...its the law so I have no personal responsibility is also childish. People can question the law. People can dance and dress and act provocatively without wanting to go further. Again no one is condoning rape. People are discussing the slippery slope. I am personally ashamed of most of the people on both sides of this argument.

Most of us are adults. We should be able to discuss this without resorting to the tactics used on both sides. Use your brain and read what those who disagree with you are saying before getting emotional. Both sides are equally valid. I am saying that in my head more and more the longer I am on ATS.

To those women and men who get it. I applaud you. To those on all sides of any subject who like to be babies....Well I guess you are free to be babies. I guess being a big ole baby is a valid lifestyle choice too.

THE END LOL

edit on 26-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Are you kidding me?! You think just because a woman "grinds her butt" (your words, crass as they are) against a man that gives him the right to expect sex whether she wants to or not? As far as your little key metaphor.....you do realize the car can be turned off just as easily as it was started, don't you? If I tell you no, no matter how I've been dancing and you still proceed to try to "stick a key in my ignition"...well I'm gonna knee your "key" so hard your grandchildren will feel it. Simple as that.

edit on 26-8-2014 by U4ea82 because: afterthought

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Can you imagine this one day turning into the following scenario?

A woman goes to a party. Sees a guy she likes. Talks to him. She and the guy start drinking. One thing leads to another, and they decide to go back to his place. They have sex. He goes to drive her home and gets pulled over. He goes to jail for a DUI for being legally drunk. She goes home because she's under the legal limit. She finds out she's pregnant. She tries to get him to pay support for her child, but instead she goes to jail for rape.

Meanwhile, in the real world, legally drunk doesn't fly for rape because it's almost impossible to prove. Rape has to be proven. You would have to give yourself a breathalyzer.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Also the idea that having sex with drunk people is rape, is laughable. This happens every weekend in every city in America. No, this happens everyday, in every city in America. You would have to lock up a huge part of the population, men and women, if this true.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If there's already straws that do this, why invent a nail polish?
Not sure how you could see your nail colour change in dim lighting, especially once you've had a couple of drinks. The nail polish idea seems dumb.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

bwuahahahahaha....
thats a great line...

i know intrepid is not condoning rape. thats obvious. i know what youre saying man.

in the end it is too easy for these ladies to cry foul and finger a guy for rape.
so many variables to a situation....
what if guy/girl are dancing and they are both only a little bit buzzed and she tells him she will do the sexuals with him later. well later comes around and they have had 700 drinks and are both wrecked. she wakes up in the morning and decides she shouldnt have done it. then claims rape.... is it? there was consent there.
does consent expire at a bar? i mean does a guy need to recertify consent every 40 minutes just to make sure...

really, just roll up on a girl like my boy here and the undies will be flying off.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Oh wow... they must be lined up around the block to get a taste of what that man is offering.

I think I went to high school with him and about 30 of his brothers. I think I've met about another 30 of his brothers since.

I can't be absolutely sure, but I am fairly sure.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Oh wow... they must be lined up around the block to get a taste of what that man is offering.

I think I went to high school with him and about 30 of his brothers. I think I've met about another 30 of his brothers since.

yeah, i met billy bob danny frank too.... and his uncle daddy.

that vid has been around for a while and it just cracks me up.

and someone said something to intrepid pointed towards his comment of butt grinding.

for me, if some lady is grinding her butt into my crothular area for 2 hours, then yeah, i am for sure going to expect sex.
im not the kind of guy that makes advances/moves on ladies...even after that
so yeah, i would be expecting some sexuals. then as the night went on and there was more grinding and it had not happened yet then i would enter stage 2 of hoping for sexuals. then after some more time i enter stage 3 of wishing for sexuals.
then stage 4 comes and im home having the sexuals. only im there alone.

thats how it goes for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

yeah, i met billy bob danny frank too.... and his uncle daddy.

that vid has been around for a while and it just cracks me up.

and someone said something to intrepid pointed towards his comment of butt grinding.

for me, if some lady is grinding her butt into my crothular area for 2 hours, then yeah, i am for sure going to expect sex.
im not the kind of guy that makes advances/moves on ladies...even after that
so yeah, i would be expecting some sexuals. then as the night went on and there was more grinding and it had not happened yet then i would enter stage 2 of hoping for sexuals. then after some more time i enter stage 3 of wishing for sexuals.
then stage 4 comes and im home having the sexuals. only im there alone.

thats how it goes for me.

Literally lol. I'm leaving this thread before you get me into trouble.

There is no way that I can reply to anything you said without risking mod action. You are bad.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
im just being honest. what did i say bad?
i know bad things happen when booze and rump shaking gets going....just saying it would never happen to me.

there is absolutely no way i would be making any moves. not sober. not drunk. it just dont happen.

happily married to a beautiful woman and thats a miracle cause im lame with the ladies. my wife had to make all the moves in the beginning.

im one of those oddballs too. what i mean is if a lady does not want to do anything with me then i dont either. i wont try to convince or advocate for myself so i could get some sexuals. i calmly keep the status quo and stay in the friend zone forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

I get what you're saying (I skipped the last couple pages) and you aren't wrong. At all. But from what I was reading the mod-whose name I forget- isn't all the way wrong either. I've been to clubs where women have gotten drunk, had a one night stand, and maybe regretted it in the morning but certainly didn't cry rape. But the flip side of that is dancing in and of itself in no way gives consent. Any decent person will say rape is wrong, but the circumstances surrounding it can get murky when alcohol is involved.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I didn't mean bad in a bad way.

I meant that even in my 30's and being a woman, I sometimes find it difficult to not give into the strong urge to revert to a 16 year old boys mind and sense of humor. That's all. I have a hard time not "going there" and getting myself into trouble for carrying it a bit far. Your OP was so full of things I could have commented on and been banned for out of pure amusement. So I guess maybe I'm bad for lacking self control lol.

That's all. Your entire OP was hysterical IMO.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Percent of college rapes that are never reported to authorities = 95%

www.statisticbrain.com...

Women ages 16 to 24 experience rape at rates four times higher than the assault rate of all women,"2 making the college (and high school) years the most vulnerable for women. College women are more at risk for rape and other forms of sexual assault than women the same age but not in college.3 It is estimated that almost 25 percent of college women have been victims of rape or attempted rape since the age of 14.4

www.popcenter.org...

edit on 26-8-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join