It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC police beat man in Walmart as horrified shoppers beg officers to stop

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
This video clearly shows a mental illness. Of the police officer. This police brutality seems to be what the LEO feel is their right.

What's unfortunate is this treatment would have most people defend themselves and then they would be resisting arrest. This man being under the influence is probably the only thing that saved him from fighting.

Resistance should not be allowed to be used as a catch all any longer. Clearly these officers need better LEO and moral training.

The man being arrested could have also had a mental or physical issue? how many times have cops beaten/arrested someone going into diabetic shock only to be accused of being under the influence?

I

It may be reasonable for police officers to assume that someone weaving through lanes and driving erratically at 4 a.m. could be intoxicated. This is just what Nevada law enforcement assumed when they pulled over Adam Greene, forced him out of his vehicle when he wouldn’t move and beat him until his body would submit to allowing them to put on handcuffs.

But Greene, of Henderson, Nev., wasn’t intoxicated. He was in diabetic shock, a condition that results from low blood sugar.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal explains officers believed Greene to be resisting arrest, so they put their knees into his back to yank his arms upward, cracking one of his ribs in the process, and kicked him in the face. Officers from both the Henderson Police Department and Nevada Highway Patrol were present, although it is reported that state troopers did not beat Greene
link

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

That video, did not show the initial point where they tried to pull him over, nor did it show the car chase. And it did not show the results of the medical examination that showed him high as a kite. It only showed the one part in the middle of the event. The worst part. is what was caught on video.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Think they need monthly mental evaluations of these police officers.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Oh okay, makes sense. Just like that shooting where they shot a nice young man minding his own business only to find out later the true story.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Your right, the list of injuries to that man including brain damage is endless. Things that could seriously mess him up for the rest if his life.
a reply to: jaynkeel

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I expect there to be protests and riots because of this......... *crickets, crickets*

No racial issue involved, so nope, no protests or riots.

While I agree they went too far...another good idea...don't fight the Police!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Give it a try. The white people don't want the military/police aiming guns at them. We don't stick up for each other anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

until and unless there is a trend of immediate like-for-like payback for police brutality it will only get worse. and worse. and worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It seems that Americans commenting on this particular 'police brutality' video follow and fall into the same trap of trying to remain objectively pc, or politically correct. Apparently, many observers of the video can't make a judgement because they don't know what happened prior, but to be honest, what happened prior to the beating is irrelevant.

Commentators should simply say what they see, and what you see in that video is basically a UFC knock down without a referee to jump in to save the poor bugger from a vicious pounding.

Okay, the guy was rather large and resisting to some extent, but he was not punching or kicking. Punching the fellow in the head was and is the application of brutality to disorientate him utterly and to pacify him completely. The cop battering the chap around the head, apart from the fact he would not like the same administered to him, cared nothing of the well-being of his suspect. The cop's singular and focussed goal was to administer pain to gain compliance, and if his suspect died from such administration so what, just another sad and tragic statistic at the hands of a cop. Who gives a damn, eh?

No one who views the video should try to sanitize the event taking place. No one can excuse the unjustified actions of those cops! You just can't do it! You are simply trying to defend the indefensible! Remember, say what you see, and you can see only the same thing as I, and I see nothing less than police brutality. When are Americans going to address this issue that has arisen in their country with genuine serious concern?

I don't doubt that it is probably much easier and equally more safer to just placidly blame the suspect (or victim) than to take cops to task over their actions on people. The more cops get away with it, the more they are going to do it. Restraining a suspect does not mean treating them like a punching bag. You the public have to demand higher standards than this of your police, because if you don't address this issue, some cop is going to act all medieval on some one and a crowd will eventually wade in on the cop, and if he doesn't end up maimed or dead, he'll be lucky.

Let's clear up something regarding this issue. It is not about race. It is about police standards and ethics of their actions demanded by the people, for the people. There certainly is a race issue in America, but it has to be placed aside and not brought into the debate on police brutality. While the American people remain divided by their own perceptions, they will not be able to resolve social issues like this.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

So, the guy is behaving strangely, but not threatening anyone, so they walk up, knock him down, and repeatedly punch him in the head??? He didn't attack them. He was seated on the floor. The cop doing the punching needs to be in prison, in the general population.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Again, this is why nobody trusts cops any more and why there are riots in Ferguson.

It goes way deeper then Michael Brown, the riots aren't about him, it's about the out of control police that will never see prison time

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If that was a black guy then it would get national coverage. It should be national coverage no matter what the race. It seems race is used to get attention away from the act itself. Instead of just police brutality , you have racism and brutality. It seems to distract from the problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: abe froman

Maybe some of the equipment is an brain implant that allows Obama and staff to talk to local police and tell them to beat suspects harder. That must be it.

The police want the armor and vehicles for the day the public comes looking for them.

Armor, vehicles and even post modern weaponry won't get
it when the people have finally snapped en masse. I've seen
a couple of clips already, in recent years, that make me glad
I'm permanently out of a job.

"I didn't think men were capable of doing that to each other."
Matt Craven as the chemist in Jacob's Ladder :good scene.

Wouldn't want to be a TSA ringwraith now, in any flavor. We
peeps will all soon either be killed off or well fed. It's happened
in other supposedly civilized cultures... and all of a sudden
loincloths become tuxedos.

My only concern is a couple combinations of the two, replaying
through history-- coming back for a curtain call. When the rage
finally broils through the sedatives I'd like to be in that stationary orbit.
Too late to save up now for the LOX and bagels, might as well buy
propcorn and assgrab some shingles.

No army in history has ever claimed a victorious occupation.
NOBODY. We in certain parts might have been erased--
but the pulse of the maggots is getting quicker now.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Can we finally admit now that Ferguson was a sociological experiment, or do we have to wait for white days of rage off this first?
This, and the white boy shot 6 times dead in Kansas should be enough t prove Sgt. Maj. Dan Page's words...but instead folks are waiting on Jesse Jackson to come and Save them.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If I was there I would have threw a can of beans at the officers head

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeForm911
I have been stating this all along, we need to know the whole story, not just what we are shown. It only shows part of the story, and it is the worst part. Now if we had the who story, from all points of view, then the truth shines through.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo>>>>> I had to dismiss most of the protests over the Brown shooting in Ferguson as race hustling motivated cry baby politics. Not that police abuse isn't real, its just that when it happens to other people, the black community is blind to it. So if they don't see it when it happens to others, they can't complain when it happens to them.
You had that homeless man down in Arizona shot and killed. He was white. The FBI shot that Russian down in Florida while he was being questioned and he was unarmed. The agent who shot him was a dirty cop. Then two agents involved in the Boston Bombing investigation " fell" out of a helicopter.
The man looked to be resisting but the cop punching him repeatedly in the head was just unloading. Although I think many criminals could use a good working over, this didn't look to be one of those times. Tase him and cuff him

edit on 26-8-2014 by Dutchowl because: Added statement.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It seems that Americans commenting on this particular 'police brutality' video follow and fall into the same trap of trying to remain objectively pc, or politically correct. Apparently, many observers of the video can't make a judgement because they don't know what happened prior, but to be honest, what happened prior to the beating is irrelevant.

I think it's absolutely essential to know the full story in order to make a judgement about any single event that occurs in the context of the story. That goes for any story, whether it involves cops or not.

For instance, if we saw a video of a black guy beating the snot out of a white guy, we might jump to the conclusion that this was a racially-motivated beat-down. But, what if we knew that just before the video started, the white guy had attacked the black guy and his wife, and tried to rob them at gun point. Then we might conclude that the white guy was getting his just desserts.

In order to reach a fair understanding of this video, or any other, we have to understand the full context.

That's what juries do. They can't jump to a conclusion based on a single piece of evidence. They have to consider the full body of evidence presented to them. Then they weigh that evidence in the context of the charges made against the defendant.

And that's the problem with the Main Stream Media in the US. In order to be profitable and sell advertising, they portray the news as a giant "Reality TV" show. So, if they leave out a little information here and there, they can stir up some emotional involvement in their audience: emotional involvement = more viewers = more money$$$

For my part, I start with the most contrarian view possible. Then I assemble as much evidence as I can to see if the main-stream opinion is reasonable. Unfortunately, once I come to know more facts, I frequently find the MSM story to be a half-truth at best.

Dex

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: 00nunya00

And yet the facts are still unknown. All we see is the middle of the situation. We do not see the very start what the man was doing to have the police called. Nor have we seen the end result of the medical testing. All we see is the middle. Kind of reminds me of another case, Rodney King. You remember, the video that caused the LA riots, cause everyone thought the police were being excessive on the man. Course they never saw the police chase, and it did not come out until later that Rodney was high as a kite on crystal, and it certainly did not come out until later how this man, being high on crystal resisted all non lethal force, such as being tazed. All of that came out during the trial. All that was seen was the video in the middle of the events, where they were having to subdue him.

The ultimate point is that such needs to be investigated.

Well, the Rodney King case is a good example; have to agree there. I saw the WHOLE video, ONCE, on ONE channel, right after it happened. After that, only the famo9us edited section everyone remembers was ever seen outside of the courtroom. What most people didn't see, and the jury did, was King getting up time and time again and beating the crap out of the cops. Literally. He was a BIG guy, too, and the blows they gave in that case were VERY justified. That's why the jury acquitted.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl
Why tase him? That guy presented no threat to the wanna-be-tough-guy cop. There was no reason to tase the "suspect". The problem with cops such as this is they are poorly trained, if at all, in how to communicate intelligently and effectively with a "suspect" to learn before applying brute force what the situation is. And this cop apparently does not know how to effectively restrain the "suspect" without harming him. "Tase him and cuff him?" Not called for, except by a lazy incompetent cop. Your attitude of "tase him and cuff him" just encourages cops like this one to behave as he did.

edit on 8/26/2014 by dubiousone because: Typo correction.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join